CPJ & Nebraska

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
He (CPJ) would be the perfect Coach for the Huskers but they are not smart enough to see that. They will go after somebody who is a media hyped can't miss type. They should have kept Frank Solich but instead have brought in a cast of clowns that have failed to restore the great tradition on Nebraska football. Les Miles might get the offer but he would not do well. Chip Kelly would fail miserably. They need a coach that will emphasize the running game and rebuild the blackshirt defense.

Go Jackets!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I want lose sleep. It's Scott Frost job if he wants.

IF Scott Frost has a big season he'll be a top candidate. If he's barely making a bowl, I don't think he gets serious consideration. The next guy will have to be a proven guy with the ability to turn things around quickly. Too much at stake, plus the next AD will be under the hot seat to take flyer on a coach that barely made a bowl game at a lower level even if his name is Scott Frost.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
The only reason for mentioning CPJ is Nebraska's ties to triple option and the national championships they won with it under Osborne (with Scott Frost). CPJ ain't going no where. He's a southern boy at heart (GSU, Tech), likes the Tech culture which is similar to Navy which he loved, and things are going on an upswing in terms of recruiting, national acceptance, the public, and fans don't cry for his head anymore or talk about hot seat. And Stansbury's been a plus. Plus, who'd leave Atlanta for Lincoln? He'll retire at Tech.

If they really want TO, then they can poach the service academies. Monken? Don't see Niumatalalolalolo leaving.
If Ken N was going to leave Navy, it very likely would have been for BYU last year, which he passed up. I believe he'll coach at Navy until he's done with football. If you're winning there, it's actually a very sweet gig. They pay well (and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it tax exempt?), are in a great location, and have a solid group of young men you're working with. It cuts out a whole lot of disciplinary problems you otherwise have to deal with at regular schools.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
5 years ago I would have said that Nebraska is the one school Georgia Tech has to worry about. I don't think that's the case anymore. At 60 years old and with an offense full of players recruited for the system that looks Loaded for Bear for the foreseeable future, along with a new ad that he really seems to like, I think Johnson retires or is fired from Georgia Tech. I don't see him leaving voluntarily.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
You all have opinions of him leaving or not, but what about him just leveraging a pay increase or improved facilities out of the situation?

northgajacket

Banned
5 years ago I would have said that Nebraska is the one school Georgia Tech has to worry about. I don't think that's the case anymore. At 60 years old and with an offense full of players recruited for the system that looks Loaded for Bear for the foreseeable future, along with a new ad that he really seems to like, I think Johnson retires or is fired from Georgia Tech. I don't see him leaving voluntarily.

Once Nebraska quit recruiting pillars of the community like Lawrence Phillips and the Peter Bros. the program has really declined.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
IMO, they need to go after Troy Calhoun. One of the most underated coaches in all of football. His offense has option principals, but also a pro style passing attack from it. He was a NFL coach at one point, and was in serious contention for the Denver Broncos HC position. Much like CPJ, gets every once out of the limited talent available to him at Air Force. Would do wonders with the talent he could get at Nebraska.

northgajacket

Banned
IMO, they need to go after Troy Calhoun. One of the most underated coaches in all of football. His offense has option principals, but also a pro style passing attack from it. He was a NFL coach at one point, and was in serious contention for the Denver Broncos HC position. Much like CPJ, gets every once out of the limited talent available to him at Air Force. Would do wonders with the talent he could get at Nebraska.

I don't know if he would leave AFA. He is an alum.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
It would take him 6 + years to bring Nebraska back. People think we're a plug and play offense but we aren't. Quarterback, lineman and a-backs all have to soak at the positions. Now there are rare cases but for the most part we will always be unstoppable on O with RS Juniors at those positions.