CPJ & Nebraska

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
He also coached at Hawaii, and at Navy...twice.

I think they'd have to throw GOBS of money at him, and give him a giant assistant coaches budget...as well as a big recruiting budget and whatever he wanted.

IMO, he's on the list, but not high on the list. CPJ going to Nebraska isn't likely, but you never know...

If you ask PJ about Hawaii, he'd go back ... as soon as they build that bridge.
He's got a place in the North Carolina mountains. Plus, in the offseason, he's got some good courses in the Atlanta area he can play.
think he's very happy where he's at. He was well off before he came to Tech. It won't be money that lures him to Nebraska. If he thinks he has a better chance of winning it all there than he does at Tech, he might consider it. But that means going through Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, et al, every year.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
The top 10 most important things in Nebraska are -

1 - 10 Nebraska Football.

CPJ would not know how, or would not be able to put up with the constant coverage / questions / critiques of his football team 12 months out of the year.

Plus Nebraska also demands a certain level of D prowess..

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know. We have a new, and relatively young, AD who is in his dream job and barring some scandal isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Said AD and PJ seem to be on the same page. If bobsquatch was still here, I could see it. But not now. PJ almost has the machine on cruise control and he has worked very hard to get it there. I'd be shocked if he down shifted at this point when he just got to flat land.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
given what cpj has done with our gpa grad rate etc and the fact that navy was a similar situation.... i see coach actually enjoying working for a reputable athletic department and an quality academic institution.

maybe im wrong but i kinda think coach views those kids as his own sons and gt is a GREAT EDUCATION to have bar none.

so... NO.... i dont see coach leaving. i think we are a great fit for each other. imo

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I think (don't know) that Paul will retire at GT. He has put GT in a really good position to make a run at the playoffs, and I think that he wants to make a run at it before he retires.