CPJ Comments on Contract Extension

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I just don’t understand Georgia Tech. CPJ goes 5-6 and reward him for that? Lol I guess we love being mediocre. Dawgs fans have ever right to make fun of us, they just went to a national campionship and were over here rewarding a coach that didn’t even make a bowl game. Seriously, we can’t even argue sports with uga right now because they have passed in almost every sport
Why would you want to lower yourself and argue with any uga fan ?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I just don’t understand Georgia Tech. CPJ goes 5-6 and reward him for that? Lol I guess we love being mediocre. Dawgs fans have ever right to make fun of us, they just went to a national campionship and were over here rewarding a coach that didn’t even make a bowl game. Seriously, we can’t even argue sports with uga right now because they have passed in almost every sport

You know VT at one point had a guy who took i think 10 years to have a winning season then rattled off 10 consecutive 10 win seasons.

Uga once had a guy that took 20 years to win their only real title and even then that was on the back of a once in eternity player.

Paul Johnson is not the problem. Hes probably the best coach we are going to attract right now given all of the outside of football issues we have as a school. Luckily stansbury is fixing it and we might see some stuff turn around. But while we are still paying for blaine and bobinskis messups lets not go chasing coaches that have never had to coach with restrictions outside their control placed on recruiting

You know VT at one point had a guy who took i think 10 years to have a winning season then rattled off 10 consecutive 10 win seasons.

Uga once had a guy that took 20 years to win their only real title and even then that was on the back of a once in eternity player.

Paul Johnson is not the problem. Hes probably the best coach we are going to attract right now given all of the outside of football issues we have as a school. Luckily stansbury is fixing it and we might see some stuff turn around. But while we are still paying for blaine and bobinskis messups lets not go chasing coaches that have never had to coach with restrictions outside their control placed on recruiting
AMEN, BROTHER !!!

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I think it's a major stretch. Other than the few (like you) on these boards, I don't personally know a single Tech fan who is not a CPJ fan, and that would include something like 50 fans whom I personally know and stay in touch with.
I'd maybe go 80%. I'm not just talking about message board fans

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
It was 8 and Beamer never had a losing season again. Uga was a building a program then. This is just a different time in football, spreads with big time QBs and Wr are what attract kids to offense these days.We can’t throw and every time we try our Qb is literally running for his life. I would to see us get a coach who would run the option out of the shotgun. I’m not saying CPJ should be fired, I’m just saying why reward someone a year after a terrible season while he already has a contract.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
It was 8 and Beamer never had a losing season again. Uga was a building a program then. This is just a different time in football, spreads with big time QBs and Wr are what attract kids to offense these days.We can’t throw and every time we try our Qb is literally running for his life. I would to see us get a coach who would run the option out of the shotgun. I’m not saying CPJ should be fired, I’m just saying why reward someone a year after a terrible season while he already has a contract.
I think Paul will probably retire by 2001 or 2002 and then GT will have the hell of trying to hire a new head football coach.:rolleyes: I can only imagine what it will be like here on the swarm message board when GT is looking for another head football coach:rolleyes:;)

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The best part of the social media reaction is the defenders running down the program to prop up CPJ.

Nothing is going to bring in the recruits like a bunch of “fans” defending the extension by saying things akin to:

- it’s impossible to win here
- good coaches would never want to come here
- we can’t get good recruits anyway
- we can’t compete at the highest level
Etc, etc.

It’s straight up embarrassing.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
So a bunch of dwags are making fun of us online and that’s what all the fuss is about? Geez, like that’s anything new. If you require online respect from dwag fans to bolster your self esteem, you better find somebody else to cheer for.

News Flash: we do the same thing to them, it’s called COFH for a reason.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
For goodness sakes, you would think this contract came out of the blue. It has been in the works for months. Get a grip people...

BTW, if someone believes that a higher winning percentage is better than a higher graduation rate then I suggest you check out the "school" over in Clarke County. They obviously feel the same way and would accommodate your wishes.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Yeah, I guess I don’t understand wanting to be mediocre and not trying to be the best lol
No one wants us to be mediocre. But most understand $ome of our limitation$ when it come$ to academic$ and finance.
I could go into a miriad of examples, but trust that deep down you and others already know that.