CPJ Comments on Contract Extension

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
The majority of social fraternities do not have tests banks. They also do not have free personal tutors that have already taken the classes. Fraternities, also don’t have anybody monitoring their individual grades and forcing them to go to class (when on campus).Our basketball team is literally gone half the spring semester, do frat boys get take their schoolwork on the road and get helped by tutors. I could go on and on
This is a change then. When I was at Tech, every frat has Word. Even the Technique kept a word file for staff

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes they do

Yes they do, a house full of them actually

Some do
Yes they do

Yes they do, a house full of them actually

Some do[/QUOTE

What social fraternity are you talking about because I would love to know. I know multiple ka, sae, sig ep, and ks at uga, tech and ole miss some of them have tests banks but they most do not and they arent updated.They do not have a house full of tutors. And They DEFINITELY do not have people forcing them to go class lol.

Last edited:

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The word file is copies of prior tests by course and prof. I never really used it at my frat but it helped some of the guys. Tended to be more jr and Sr class oriented at my frat. We did force pledges to a study hall every night at the house.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
For all the B**tching and moaning and crying and whining guess what? PJ was extended by TStan and that, boys & girls, is that.

Indeed it is, if he coaches all five years we might even complete an entire 250 passes and win 31 or 32 games. But thats ok cause a 50-53% winning percentage is acceptable as long as we graduate 80%+ of the SA's. I have an idea, let that figure drop to around 66% (remember the old FACET statement of look to the left and look to the right, one of the three of you will not graduate Tech) and see if can increase the winning percentage to 66% as well.

TechPreacher

Banned
Indeed it is, if he coaches all five years we might even complete an entire 250 passes and win 31 or 32 games. But thats ok cause a 50-53% winning percentage is acceptable as long as we graduate 80%+ of the SA's. I have an idea, let that figure drop to around 66% (remember the old FACET statement of look to the left and look to the right, one of the three of you will not graduate Tech) and see if can increase the winning percentage to 66% as well.

Don't kid yourself. You would still be miserable.

Since I was never a Roof fan from the start, I honestly believe that Woody's approach to defense is going to increase that winning percentage without lowering the graduation rate at all.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
The tests come from the previous 80 football players that have already taken the courses. They take their old tests and make a test bank.

Lol for a lack of a better analogy. The kingpin never keeps the drugs on him. He has too much to lose. That is what the runners are for

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
It was 8 and Beamer never had a losing season again. Uga was a building a program then. This is just a different time in football, spreads with big time QBs and Wr are what attract kids to offense these days.We can’t throw and every time we try our Qb is literally running for his life. I would to see us get a coach who would run the option out of the shotgun. I’m not saying CPJ should be fired, I’m just saying why reward someone a year after a terrible season while he already has a contract.
The inherent weakness of running from shotgun is a no go for me.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

Haven't seen the grad rate for student body in general for a while. Last time I did, it was not as high as current rate for FB team.

If still true, why do our S/As have to produce more on and off the field than other Tech students?

And isn't the APR conpared to the grad rate for all students? IDK

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
a - not miserable but think we should expect more
b - 8-4 is probably our sweet spot on what we should expect
How many programs average 8-4? And how much do they spend on football

I’d love to be a top 20 team every year but I’m also realistic about our academic profile and finances. Johnson isn’t perfect but he’s taken us to multiple ACC title games and BCS bowl games.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Haven't seen the grad rate for student body in general for a while. Last time I did, it was not as high as current rate for FB team.

If still true, why do our S/As have to produce more on and off the field than other Tech students?

And isn't the APR conpared to the grad rate for all students? IDK

If you read the post by ibeeballin you would see why the grad rate is higher. Everything is lined up for the athletes. They just have to tap it in.

If college athletics was honest (at all schools) either the football player grad rate would be significantly lower than the student body’s or they would be required to gain admission based on academics alone.

All schools are hypocrites when it comes to “student-athletes” the issue is to what degree.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe finance is different at Tech then at other places.

True story:

A buddy of mine went to GT for his first two years of undergrad. The guy was never to be seen during the week unless it was at his desk or in the library studying. He was absolutely miserable, but he had a 4.0 in Industrial Engineering. He transferred to Wharton to study Finance. He said he struggled to maintain a GPA above 3.0. He quickly changed his major to marketing, was a lot happier, and met a pretty girl who he later married.

Lesson: GT is a miserable place for the first 2 years of undergrad, and if you major in marketing chances are higher you'll meet a pretty girl.