Confirmation BG Will Be Retained

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Bobinski has found himself a government job as an administrator, and has performed as such. Very sad. I thought GT was better than this. I was wrong, at least about our AD.

ANYONE could have just fired CBG.

Who here knows what was said in their talk?

How do we know a greatly reduced payout is not now in place?

How do we know he was only given 1 year?

How does anyone here know CBG has not received a great commitment from some star recruits?

What if a majority of this team transferred if CBG was fired?

How does anyone know that those close loses this year will not be wins next year?

How do we know MBob has not been doing legwork already and saw we could not do better with what we could offer?

We do know that we have too many guys complaining instead of standing behind the coach and players, but willing to bet they stood behind a goof ball loser like ccg.

Many just need to stay home and whine next year, many of us are going to stand by our program and our S/As.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
ANYONE could have just fired CBG.

Who here knows what was said in their talk?

How do we know a greatly reduced payout is not now in place?

How do we know he was only given 1 year?

How does anyone here know CBG has not received a great commitment from some star recruits?

What if a majority of this team transferred of CBG was fired?

How does anyone know that those close loses this year will not be wins next year?

How do we know MBob has not been doing legwork already and saw we could not do better with what we could offer?

We do know that we have too many guys complaining instead of standing behind the coach and players, but willing to bet they stood behind a goof ball loser like ccg.

Many just need to stay home and whine next year, many of us are going to stand by our program and our S/As.
What if CBG is really the superman?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
What if we had a real coach that didnt cause all of those questions to be asked?
Notice that thsee "real fans" say the same crap every year? Waterfront property in Arizona.............

You cant possibly believe that crap. Be supportive but dont be blind.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I will NEVER root against GT and especially will not root against our players to do bad so a coach is closer to being let go. However, I do retain the right to not care anymore until something changes...whether that's the coach, or our W-L record. That's not bandwagoning...it's being judicious with my time. As I get older, time becomes a more valuable commodity. No way I'm making a 3 hour commitment and spending money to watch our team flail about.

The irony in this whole CBG fiasco is when MBob got hired, everyone was pretty unanimous in saying our BBall program will be in good hands because of what he did with the Xavier BBall program. Well, that sentiment certainly needs to be reviewed.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Or we need to have faith that (bear with me as this may feel like a large leap) there is information we don't have that Bobinski does..

I am just as upset as the next guy about the story Eric shared about potentially upsetting big time donors but c'mon already. The people who run this program (AA, MBob, Coaches, Staff, and Administrators) are professionals who do have access to information we don't. I get speculation and that this is a fan board and that people use this an as outlet to vent, opine, and have intelligent debates - but some of this stuff is getting pretty close to too far.

I for one - as do many others- value this site for people bringing all different opinions to the conversation in a respectful and if not eloquent at least well thought out manner. I understand that the disappointment and negativity some of us are voicing comes from wanting the program to be better than where it is at - but don't believe anyone in the program has goals that aren't aligned to the same thing.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Least we got football.
Beesball is our most winning and highest ranked sport over the last 20 years on average of the major sports. Currently top 25 and last year's ACC champs. We've got two damn good programs in football and baseball.

Most of our other minor sports, like golf and tennis seem to be doing just fine. So I won't say Bobinski is doing awful.

I met and liked Gregory. I'll pull for the team to do better and make this look like a good decision. But I sure won't lose sleep over it (unlike football or Beesball).

scotts

Jolly Good Fellow
How many people will not renew their season tickets next year? MBob will need to give a real sweetheart of a deal to convince people to spend $$ on our program.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
How many people will not renew their season tickets next year? MBob will need to give a real sweetheart of a deal to convince people to spend $$ on our program.

This is the shame in all this. Can't blame you guys for not renewing your season tickets, but the student athletes are the ones who get hurt from this, which they don't deserve.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
We'll be fine...

I knew we wouldn't fire CBG because of the finances, and if we didn't fire him mid-season, he wasn't going to be fired now. Glad it worked out for him. It's time to quit whining and get behind the team and the coach. Go Jackets!

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
We'll be fine...

I knew we wouldn't fire CBG because of the finances, and if we didn't fire him mid-season, he wasn't going to be fired now. Glad it worked out for him. It's time to quit whining and get behind the team and the coach. Go Jackets!

Smh...3-15 man. Come on now, put down the kool aid.