Confirmation BG Will Be Retained

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
wow
we basically can't financially afford to improve our program- by some dumb decisions by our ADs.
This means basically in '17 we will be back in this hole for sure as we lose a bunch after next yr and because he can't recruit with this pall over him

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
wow
we basically can't financially afford to improve our program- by some dumb decisions by our ADs.
This means basically in '17 we will be back in this hole for sure as we lose a bunch after next yr and because he can't recruit with this pall over him

Don't worry. I'm buying some scratch-offs on the way home today. If I win we all profit. Who's with me?

Seriously though, I think I'm finally at peace with the situation. Sad but true.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Oh well. I'm so depressed I could almost cry.

Here is my worst fear. Next year's team actually does win more (I think the odds are in favor of it), so we don't fire him after next season saying we are seeing progress and extend a cople of more years - but recruiting dries up and in 2 yrs the bottom completely falls off the truck.

I gave up my season tickets during the latter Hewitt years and I just don't know when I may get ones again.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Yay for Gregory...he's a good guy.
No so yay for Tech...putting off the inevitable.
CBG...If Brown doesn't come, PUH-LEEZ get a soon-to-be grad student who is a shooter and scorer.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Ok folks, the announcement is in. We can do 1 of 2 things. Get behind the program (and by extension the coach) or not.

I am ready to double down and pull hard for the squad next year. Hope we see some improvement - and the recruiting season isn't finished yet. I have to believe there is going to be change in the air with this decision - so keeping positive and ready to look for and find the best!

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
wow

You pretty much summed it up.. arrgghh!!!

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Oh well. I'm so depressed I could almost cry.

Here is my worst fear. Next year's team actually does win more (I think the odds are in favor of it), so we don't fire him after next season saying we are seeing progress and extend a cople of more years - but recruiting dries up and in 2 yrs the bottom completely falls off the truck.

I gave up my season tickets during the latter Hewitt years and I just don't know when I may get ones again.
Red,
exactly my thinking, and even without an extension the recruiting is dead for 2yrs-now through'17

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Mine too.