Coastal Chaos

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
We'll need Pitt to drop their next 3 games (VT, @WF, @Miami) to make the ACC Championship. I think we may be able to beat them in a 3-way tie if they lose the VT and Miami games.

UVA - 0
VT - 2
Miami - 0
Pitt - 3
Duke - 1
UNC - 0

Basically need VT to beat Pitt, Miami to beat VT, UVA to beat VT, Miami to beat Pitt, Clemson to beat Duke, and GT to obviously go 3-0. That would put us in a 3 or 4 way tie for 1st place where we would have the best division record to win the tiebreaker.

Last edited:

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
yea I think 3 losses by Pitt is an outright win for us assuming all the other things fall in place. 3 way tie with them and either BT/UVA has long as they beat WF we win the tie breaker. Something about division records. Them being 2-0 vs Atlantic with the same overall ACC record would see us ahead on division record.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
yea I think 3 losses by Pitt is an outright win for us assuming all the other things fall in place. 3 way tie with them and either BT/UVA has long as they beat WF we win the tie breaker. Something about division records. Them being 2-0 vs Atlantic with the same overall ACC record would see us ahead on division record.
It's a shame too, because with our easiest game on the road tomorrow and home games vs. Miami and UVA left, I think we have a really good shot at going 3-0. Just sucks to not be controlling your own destiny but that's all the more reason to close out games like @Pitt.

And really poor showing from the UVA crowd. This environment on a Friday night for the ACCCG should be impossible for a team to walk into your stadium and win.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It's a shame too, because with our easiest game on the road tomorrow and home games vs. Miami and UVA left, I think we have a really good shot at going 3-0. Just sucks to not be controlling your own destiny but that's all the more reason to close out games like @Pitt.

Yea, no one to blame but ourselves for that.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
UVA QB has been making awful decisions when under pressure all game. Avoids a sack backpeddles, avoid sack backpeddle, sacked for 15 yard loss. At least 3-4 times tonight. Need to have a good pressure game on him.

UVA Dline has been pushed around by Pitt oline all game. Need to break out the VT plan and just push them up and down the field.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Too lazy to read. Can someone tell me as of this moment what we need to backdoor?
We'll need Pitt to drop their next 3 games (VT, @WF, @Miami) to make the ACC Championship. I think we may be able to beat them in a 3-way tie if they lose the VT and Miami games.

UVA - 0
VT - 2
Miami - 0
Pitt - 3
Duke - 1
UNC - 0

Basically need VT to beat Pitt, Miami to beat VT, UVA to beat VT, Miami to beat Pitt, Clemson to beat Duke, and GT to obviously go 3-0. That would put us in a 3 or 4 way tie for 1st place where we would have the best division record to win the tiebreaker.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UVa lost 3 defensive starters. Will not help them against our run.

Regardless, we have to win tomorrow. Will not be easy.

A trip to the ACC Championship Game on the line and you horse collar the QB as he's running out of bounds 14 yards shy of the line to gain...uhhhhh

The ref was there watching. On replay, I think the QBs hair is what was grabbed. Not a facemask or blue-collar?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
You heard it here first, if we win out and we make the ACCCG.

VT losses to 2 of Boston College, Miami, and Virginia.

Virginia losses to GT.

Miami losses to GT.

Pitt losses to VT and Miami.

Duke losses to Clemson.

This leaves us a 5 way tie which we win because we would have the best record and or head to head in that scenario if I’m not mistaken.

This is what I’m hoping for/think is realistic. I’ll be rooting for BC and Miami. Need Miami to be tied with us so it helps with Pitt if they end up with only 3 losses.