Coastal Chaos

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So it's unlikely, but here's our path to the ACCCG :cigar:

Basically a four-way tie at 5-3 where we are 3-0 against the teams we're tied with. Stuff in red hasn't happened yet. I didn't list the crossover opponents in detail, but they aren't that far fetched.

Maybe we could focus on just getting bowl eligible instead, lol

upload_2018-10-26_9-46-32.png

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
This is only 1 of the scenarios. Better to just throw out everything that needs to happen:
Team - Losses needed (aside from us for UVA, Miami, and UNC)
UVA - 1
VT - 2
Miami - 1
Pitt - 3
Duke - 2
UNC - 0

There may be a way Duke and/or Pitt only have to lose 1 and 2 respectively, but I didn't go in and analyze the various 3-4-5 (lol) way tiebreakers. But point being, if we win out, I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but there's a chance. Pitt is not a good team and has 4 very loseable games left. Duke still has Clemson so there's 1 guaranteed loss and 2 Coastal road games.

If BC could clear Miami to that 0 count tonight, that'd be a good start.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
So it's unlikely, but here's our path to the ACCCG :cigar:

Basically a four-way tie at 5-3 where we are 3-0 against the teams we're tied with. Stuff in red hasn't happened yet. I didn't list the crossover opponents in detail, but they aren't that far fetched.

Maybe we could focus on just getting bowl eligible instead, lol

View attachment 4360

If our heart and soul was focused on beating ugag, the mediocre Coastal and just any bowl game would take care of themselves.

Success is guaranteed when one aims low enough.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
@Pitt, vs. Miami, vs. UVA are our best chances for 2 VT losses. To be honest, I think out of those 5 teams & loss totals I listed above, VT losing 2 more games is the least likely IMHO. Even though we need 3 losses from Pitt, they have had the easiest (UNC + us) Coastal games of their schedule so far. If they lost 4 out of their last 5, I wouldn't be surprised.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
@Pitt, vs. Miami, vs. UVA are our best chances for 2 VT losses. To be honest, I think out of those 5 teams & loss totals I listed above, VT losing 2 more games is the least likely IMHO. Even though we need 3 losses from Pitt, they have had the easiest (UNC + us) Coastal games of their schedule so far. If they lost 4 out of their last 5, I wouldn't be surprised.
If VT flames out the rest of the season Justin Fuente could be fighting to keep his job in 2019

Deleted member 2897

We are all Boston College fans tonight.

Thanks for doing this analysis. Just really frustrates the dickens out of me though - if we played more consistently, this year was set up perfectly for us to have a 6-2 kind of ACC season. The Coastal really has no great teams in it - they are all beatable.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
We are all Boston College fans tonight.

Thanks for doing this analysis. Just really frustrates the dickens out of me though - if we played more consistently, this year was set up perfectly for us to have a 6-2 kind of ACC season. The Coastal really has no great teams in it - they are all beatable.
Won't matter too much but would be nice. Miami has a loss sitting out there somewhere between @BC, Duke, @VT, and Pitt but really would be nice if we could get that loss out of the way tonight and root for Miami to beat the everliving **** out of those last 3 teams.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Won't matter too much but would be nice. Miami has a loss sitting out there somewhere between @BC, Duke, @VT, and Pitt but really would be nice if we could get that loss out of the way tonight and root for Miami to beat the everliving **** out of those last 3 teams.
I think this Miami team could very well choke themselves into the Belk Bowl