1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Coastal Chaos

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by bke1984, Oct 26, 2018.

1. RamblinRed

RamblinRed Helluva Engineer Featured Member

So basically if Pitt wins either of its final 2 games or UVA loses either of its final 2 games Pitt goes to Charlotte.

Pitt reminds me a little of the GT Team from a few years ago. Started slow but has really come on and jelled as a team.

2. smathis30

smathis30 Helluva Engineer

Outside of a bad loss to UNc, they have 3 losses to what will be 9/10 win teams in Syracuse, Notre Dame, and Penn State. It's not like they have played bad, they just had a stupid strong schedule

Whiskey_Clear and augustabuzz like this.
  3. MikeJackets1967

MikeJackets1967 Helluva Engineer

I wouldn't shock me if Pitt trips up against Wake Forest or Miami and lose badly to Clemson in the ACCCG winding up playing USF in the Gasparilla Bowl with a 7-6 record:cigar:

4. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

Some of it is the matchup. Maybe Miami’s defense is just good enough to shut them down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

Miami very well could beat Pitt. Could be a defensive struggle. But I hope Pitt runs over, around, and through their thug asses.

UgaBlows likes this.
  6. Bogey404

Bogey404 Helluva Engineer

I think the Gasparilla bowl is highly under rated! The 2 times I have been there, I truly enjoyed it.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967 likes this.
  7. Southpaw13

Southpaw13 Helluva Engineer

So... we're eliminated from the coastal because a 3 way tie doesn't help us? Pitt has tiebreakers on GT and VA and we only would have tie breaker on VA? Is that the gist of it?

8. Southpaw13

I guess my question is... is there ANY scenario where we could still win the coastal?

9. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

Natural disaster, possibly. Surprise NCAA team ineligibility. Congressional action.
    (Basically, no)

CuseJacket likes this.
  10. MikeJackets1967

GT can finish 2nd and they would be fine with me since GT started the season 1-3;)

COJacket and Dottie1145 like this.
  11. Southpaw13

Yeah I'm not worried about it... whoever goes to that game is unlikely to beat Clemson anyways. Lets beat UVA and give ourselves a chance at 8 or 9 wins :)

COJacket and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  12. RamblinRed

RamblinRed Helluva Engineer Featured Member

We're done. Only 2 teams can win the Coastal now - Pitt and UVA.
    Pitt has the tiebreaker over every team it could end up in a tie with - GT, UVA, Duke, VT (UVA has 2 ACC losses the others 3).
    The only way Pitt doesn't clinch the Coastal is if they lose their last 2 to Wake and Miami and UVA wins its last 2 against GT and VT.
    Then UVA would have a 6-2 ACC record and Pitt 5-3.

I think Pitt is going to run all over Wake next weekend. Wake got a nice win over a rival Thur but they have one of the worst rushing D's in the country while Pitt is one of the best rushing teams. After yesterday Pitt has moved up to 8th in yards rushing per game (GT is #1) and third in yards per rush (GT #11). They've actually rushed for more yards over the last 3 games than any team in the country including GT who is #2 the last 3 games(410 ypg vs 385.7 ypg).
    Meanwhile Wake is 107th nationally in rushing yards allowed and 118th in rush yards allowed per attempt.

GT_05 and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  13. JacketBacker

JacketBacker Georgia Tech Fan

Remember the other day when I so confidently predicted - heck, practically guaranteed - BC would upset Clemson? Yeah, well I won’t be doing THAT anymore. Why? Because I’ve only made two other predictions in my life: 1) RG III would be considered among the greatest QBs ever by the time his NFL career was over, and 2) Germany would win WW II (whiff whiff. No more posts from me, I’ll stick to lurking .

14. MountainBuzzMan

MountainBuzzMan Helluva Engineer

Germany did not bomb pearl harbor correctly and the US never gave up.

15. 4shotB

4shotB Helluva Engineer

That is why the internet was invented...so you can be wrong proudly and publicly, while under the guise of a pseudonym. Being wrong consistently doesn't stop me or the countless other posters from barging on here with our inane drivel. Post away brother...and welcome to the club!:):D(y)

COJacket, LibertyTurns and CuseJacket like this.
  16. MikeJackets1967

I remember thinking Ethiopia would beat Italy in 1935;)

17. okiemon

okiemon Helluva Engineer

I think Pitt will do that. Miami has given up.