Coaches on the Hot Seat

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I agree with the idea that if he is going to jump on his own, doing it after a strong NIT run makes sense as his value will be higher to a mid major. But my gut is he stays and fights on at GT.

Kenny seems to make that tweet about every other year. Unfortuantely given his past 5-10 yrs i'm not sure he has any real value.

I'll also add on one level Stanford looking at Amaker after just firing Dawkins doesn't feel right. Stanford would be the type of school I could see Amaker leaving Harvard for though - and I expect Stanford could find a good position for his wife (who is a doctor at Harvard). Just would be a weird PC talking about replacing one Duke guard with another Duke guard.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
May as well make this a daily link ...

http://hoopdirt.com/daily-dirt-32216/
Coupla interesting notes:

JMU
A couple early names that I’ve heard surrounding the search at James Madison (Eddie Fogler running this search): Kevin Sutton – assistant coach Georgetown, and former Arkansas and South Alabama head coach John Pelphrey. I also mentioned Pelphrey on Saturday as being involved at WKU as well. More names as I hear them…
Fogler in rare form. What's John Pelphrey accomplished?

WrightSt
Word on the street is that Wright State AD Bob Grant is not going to hire a search firm and will run this himself. I have heard that he is focusing on sitting DI head coaches before considering and high major assistants.

WrightSt board seems to think they can lure Ron Hunter home to Dayton. Money would be a problem there.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Kinda hoping Amaker bolts for Stanford and make Lewis/Baker take looks at GT.

It would be interesting to see how much Lewis is married to Amaker vs. the school. Read an article recently that he is "unique" and really into the academic side of his current arrangement. He's planning to take engineering classes at MIT as part of his coursework at Harvard.

Found the article: Lewis leads Eagles in long postseason run

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It would be interesting to see how much Lewis is married to Amaker vs. the school. Read an article recently that he is "unique" and really into the academic side of his current arrangement. He's planning to take engineering classes at MIT as part of his coursework at Harvard.

Found the article: Lewis leads Eagles in long postseason run

It appears that Mello may actually end up the better prospect, but it kind of reiterates BG's lackluster results when he can't close an academically oriented kid that wants to study engineering. Don't get me wrong. Harvard is 100% the keys to the castle, but this should have been a lay-up, even with a father that starred at UGA.

The Amaker shake-out will be interesting. It would make a lot of sense for many of the kids to stick, but I'd think a couple shake loose, especially given they've got so many top 100 types.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wow! If true, como se dice, "ACC, ACC, ACC!"

The experts were adamant this wouldn't happen.

Is he tired of all the 5-stars at AZ? If he leaves, Memphis could be off the hook if they take dtm's favorite coach off their hands (i.e. their books). Luke Walton's not going back there.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow! If true, como se dice, "ACC, ACC, ACC!"

The experts were adamant this wouldn't happen.

Is he tired of all the 5-stars at AZ? If he leaves, Memphis could be off the hook if they take dtm's favorite coach off their hands (i.e. their books). Luke Walton's not going back there.

He's leaving before one of his players punches a fan for storming the court...upon further review, maybe not.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
:ROFLMAO: Talk about a 'consider the source' moment. Who the heck is Rich Walsh and why would he have that scoop over all the typical guys?
Auletta-Brian-Williams-2-1200.jpg

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This is now about watching Ritchie do his best Deion Sanders impersonation and back peddle from his bold rumor ...

Well, Ritchie you did say he was in town working out details, no? Sounds like he had no interest, nor was he in town. What gives, Ritchie? (I love saying Ritchie)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Funny Sendek dig

ETA: Hate to beat a guy while he's down but Ritchie's twitter responses are pure comedy gold right now. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I couldn't resist.

Ah man, I can't take it. :ROFLMAO:

This dude is getting roasted. He posted Miller's statement and said STTE "Earlier in the day, Coach Miller reported no interest in the job ...." No, he posted his statement after your report came out. Just own it, dude.