Coaches on the Hot Seat

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Andy KatzESPN Senior Writer
katz_andy_m.jpg

A source said the GW staff is in shock. The Colonials took a summer trip to Japan, despite Mike Lonergan being investigated for verbal abusive behavior. GW has eight new players, including seven freshmen. The source said the trip provided great chemistry for the team and the staff was excited about the upperclassmen leadership for this season.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wow! I figured they'd wait til the dust settled and hope it all just went away.

... any recruits we can pull?

Doubtful with school starting all over the place, but would think Kevin Marfo could be a transfer candidate. Jaren Sina could be a grad transfer, but doesn't make a lot of sense for us with landing Alvarado. Yuta Watanabe would be interesting, but he's a JR this year.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
You won't see many Hot Seat posts in September, so this was a surprise. Even with the reported investigation.

As for transfers, I think the kids on the GW team might want to consider the fact that transferring now is almost impossible. Back in July, when the Post ran its story, a lot of them would found willing takers. How do you get accepted for transfer when classes have been in session for 2-3 weeks? If I were on that team I would sit tight and see where things go from here.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Fully expect pitino Weber Jones Anderson and Antigua to get canned this year. Groce has some prospects coming in and if he can make the NiT he may be safe. Lebo has the talent to save his job.BJ Tyson is one of the best players no one has ever seen or heard of. Caleb White is decent. They have another guy who played fairly well last year too, don't recall his name off hand.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Norlander simply isn't a top notch analyst. Brownell should be on a hot seat list, in theory, but he has a really talented team, is a really good coach, is recruiting well, and has an AD that is extremely lazy, preferring to treat hoops like a second class citizen.

Methinks you just wanted to thinly veil that shot at a certain former AD? Nah, I'm kidding. You're not wrong. Clem will win enough to keep him around at least another year. The others on that list are fairly reasonable.

Pitino has crashed and burned spectacularly at Minnesota. His last name will get him another gig so don't cry for him.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Norlander simply isn't a top notch analyst. Brownell should be on a hot seat list, in theory, but he has a really talented team, is a really good coach, is recruiting well, and has an AD that is extremely lazy, preferring to treat hoops like a second class citizen.

Yeah after listening to his podcast with GP for about a month you were completely correct about him. He actually implied yesterday the NCAA was handling the Louisville situation correctly. So not only is he a putz, but he may be a member of unsullied as well.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Norlander also thinks it's ok to insult programs when they're not upper echelon, as demonstrated by him repeatedly thinking it's OK to call us the Bees.

He thinks he's being cute, but really he's just a cut rate wanna be snark.
Agree, but "wannabe" is one word when used as you did. Snark requires good grammar! (tic)