Coach’s radio show

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I haven’t listened to it and don’t want to because I can see the tone and direction they are taking, based on the comments here and can definitely say it’s a big mistake. A true leader steps up, takes the responsibility and addresses what went wrong and how to correct it. If they aren’t addressing that, it is a dangerous sign of what’s to further come.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
The gold jerseys came out "exactly how they wanted them to". Light sand instead of the dark gold on the helmet. Wow, well at least he admitted it.

Now, back to the show - I am o.k. with positive vibes going forward, but I guess they think we know that they understand the magnitude of this loss - I don't know that they know that, based on what we are listening to.
They think a loss to The Citadel is the same as losing to Clemson:rolleyes:

Look I’m furious. But, I’m just curious what you guys want them to do. Should they say our coach doesn’t know how to coach and that we’re three years away from being competitive? That’ll put butts in the seats and get recruits to sign up...

I’m worried, but let’s not crap all over them after one loss (even if it IS the worst loss in program history). If they go 1-11, let’s talk. It really shouldn’t be that bad. We probably should adjust our expectations, but I do think 5 wins is still not that far fetched if they make a couple small changes...like pick a QB and a K. Five ain’t great, but I’d take that right now...
There is nothing wrong with a simple question, not a challenge, but a question, as to whether they have named a starting QB yet. I would LOVE to ask more, but if I did, I am sure it would be perceived, if not meant, as a challenge.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Look I’m furious. But, I’m just curious what you guys want them to do. Should they say our coach doesn’t know how to coach and that we’re three years away from being competitive? That’ll put butts in the seats and get recruits to sign up...

I’m worried, but let’s not crap all over them after one loss (even if it IS the worst loss in program history). If they go 1-11, let’s talk. It really shouldn’t be that bad. We probably should adjust our expectations, but I do think 5 wins is still not that far fetched if they make a couple small changes...like pick a QB and a K. Five ain’t great, but I’d take that right now...

For me, it would just be a passion communicating just how historically bad this loss was and how as long as he is our HC, it will NEVER happen again. I just don't hear the passion.

I don't think this team can win 4 games, set aside 5. VPI may be the only slight possibility on the schedule. Hope I am wrong.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
We deserve this response... There's a reason why we have only lost to ONE FCS school.... two now.... because it ain't supposed to happen!

Idc about Derrick Morgan's recruiting class. I wanna know what actions have taken place to ensure we never lose a piss poor game like that ever again. That really isnt hard to do.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I haven't listened yet, but I would want him to say that he was wrong about that last timeout. I would want him to discuss what he did after the first and second unsportsmanlike penalties which would lead him to be surprised about a third. I would like him to tell us how many guys on the team have a parent who wasn't born the last time we lost to a Div 2 (FCS) team.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I haven't listened yet, but I would want him to say that he was wrong about that last timeout. I would want him to discuss what he did after the first and second unsportsmanlike penalties which would lead him to be surprised about a third. I would like him to tell us how many guys on the team have a parent who wasn't born the last time we lost to a Div 2 (FCS) team.

AE, I don't think we will ever get that kind of stuff from this guy. I just don't. In regards to the players, I would just love him to say, "don't worry, those guys will know that should never happen". That is all I would need, just to know he can be punitive when punitive is necessary.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
There is nothing wrong with a simple question, not a challenge, but a question, as to whether they have named a starting QB yet. I would LOVE to ask more, but if I did, I am sure it would be perceived, if not meant, as a challenge.
He was asked in the post game presser and he doubled down on ATL. If there are multiple QB's ATL on next weeks chart, we can assume there will be multiple QBs playing in the game.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
He wasn’t wrong about the time out. The clock was ticking down so he had to use it as their was a chance it would have gone to zero. Tobias only scored because the defense stopped. The screw up was not knowing the clock started on the ready to play.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
He wasn’t wrong about the time out. The clock was ticking down so he had to use it as their was a chance it would have gone to zero. Tobias only scored because the defense stopped. The screw up was not knowing the clock started on the ready to play.
Regardless if he was right or wrong in that situation, the fact their in lies that under no circumstances should we have even been in that position, period....

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
This sounds exactly like 2013 Butch Jones all he needs to say was he was building the GT football program "Brick By Brick":vomit::rolleyes:

He just keeps using his same buzz words and phrases. And more or less said the penalties were the difference in the game. Kind of, but it shouldn’t have even gotten to that point. The coaching and prep was the difference in the game!!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Well all of this is exactly what I said would happen the moment we lost or things went bad. Basically all of the hype gets old...unfortunately I happened after a monumental loss.

Let’s see what they do. Could beat Temple and UNC. Then what? How would you guys feel if I’d told you we’d start 3-2? I mean it sucks from the embarrassment aspect, but the loss to Citadel doesn’t count as any more of a loss than a loss to USF would have. What if we don’t knock the ball out on the goal line last week and lose, then we beat Citadel? Everyone feel better?

I guess until we are good again everyone’s just gonna be pissed...

Btw, I’m going to the Temple game. Anyone care to make the trip and see if we can pull out a W?