Coach’s radio show

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I know they aren’t doing live radio shows for fans to come to ever week this year. Is this weeks show at a restaurant or is it at school? If they do it at school, will they take callers or is it just a taped show? Hope that they at least take some calls, cause he has serious questions that need to be address. He doesn’t need to hide behind a tape radio show for a couple of weeks to avoid tough questions.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Could not agree any more. He needs to field some tough calls from our fanbase. Andy and Wiley do a good job, but they toss him softballs.

I'm not saying to call in and be ugly to him, but we definitely need to get some answers as to the lack of consistency. Regardless if this is game 3 of yr 0, we gotta cut out the charades and start acting like a team who has seen a football field before.

In no way do I blame those kids, because they bust their asses all year long to put on a show for us and I know they're hurting inside right now, but all this falls back onto the coaching staff. At some point you gotta cut out the buddy buddy Sh.it. and be a figure of authority. I imagine that if it were Nick Saban I imagine smoke and fire coming from every hole in his head.

CGC needs to get ahead of this problem before the fans begin to turn on him. He knows what expectations come with this program and fanbase. And he has to be open minded to criticism.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

Oh most definitely, but he has to do the radio show regardless, so we might as well throw him some real questions.
Would be nice but I'm not sure he could take the question some of us like to ask.
1) Coach you said we could blame you ok we do , so why was this team not prepared to play a FCS team?
2) Coach I don't care about how many safeties we played but I do have a problem with your philosophy of a QB that drives the team down field and then you play the other QB, do you not believe in playing the QB with the hot hand ? Is this your idea or your offensive coordinators idea ?
3) Did you learn anything after this game ,maybe how to get 3 plays off in 23 seconds ?
4) Coach we understand you have only been a head coach for 2 years and the your only offensive coordinator has been Patenaude each year , what do you see in him that makes you want to risk your job on him? Would any other D1 team hire him ?
5) Coach you have a 7 year contract if you keep Patenaude do you think you can keep your job 7 years with him ?
6) Coach do you realize how silly and embarrassing it is to see your players jumping up and down dancing on the sidelines all while losing to a FSC team the had not won a game this year?
7) Did you see how many fans we have at the game maybe 28,000 and 3,000 of them were there for Citadel how many fans do you think will still show up in Nov ?
8) most fans don't think you can win another game this year do you and if you do how will you do it ?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I know they aren’t doing live radio shows for fans to come to ever week this year. Is this weeks show at a restaurant or is it at school? If they do it at school, will they take callers or is it just a taped show? Hope that they at least take some calls, cause he has serious questions that need to be address. He doesn’t need to hide behind a tape radio show for a couple of weeks to avoid tough questions.

I think it would be a good week to have no show actually. Let them focus on fixing this mess. Not much they can say to make things better. Plenty of opportunity to give ammo to more criticism. It’s Sunday...time to start moving on and looking ahead. Citadel is done.

If problems repeat vs Temple....ugh.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I think it would be a good week to have no show actually. Let them focus on fixing this mess. Not much they can say to make things better. Plenty of opportunity to give ammo to more criticism. It’s Sunday...time to start moving on and looking ahead. Citadel is done.

You are right we have Bye this week lets see if we win that one. :)

Oakland

Helluva Engineer

Would be nice but I'm not sure he could take the question some of us like to ask.
1) Coach you said we could blame you ok we do , so why was this team not prepared to play a FCS team?
2) Coach I don't care about how many safeties we played but I do have a problem with your philosophy of a QB that drives the team down field and then you play the other QB, do you not believe in playing the QB with the hot hand ? Is this your idea or your offensive coordinators idea ?
3) Did you learn anything after this game ,maybe how to get 3 plays off in 23 seconds ?
4) Coach we understand you have only been a head coach for 2 years and the your only offensive coordinator has been Patenaude each year , what do you see in him that makes you want to risk your job on him? Would any other D1 team hire him ?
5) Coach you have a 7 year contract if you keep Patenaude do you think you can keep your job 7 years with him ?
6) Coach do you realize how silly and embarrassing it is to see your players jumping up and down dancing on the sidelines all while losing to a FSC team the had not won a game this year?
7) Did you see how many fans we have at the game maybe 28,000 and 3,000 of them were there for Citadel how many fans do you think will still show up in Nov ?
8) most fans don't think you can win another game this year do you and if you do how will you do it ?
Those are actually some very good questions, but I'm sure he'll get softball stuff.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer

Yep. That'll do it lol

I'd be ready to throw hands after those heavy hitters. I like it.

SuperToe

Georgia Tech Fan

I think you’ll get your wish. The schedule shows no show until next Monday (9/23).

LibertyTurns

Banned
In no way do I blame those kids, because they bust their asses all year long to put on a show for us and I know they're hurting inside right now, but all this falls back onto the coaching staff. At some point you gotta cut out the buddy buddy Sh.it. and be a figure of authority. I imagine that if it were Nick Saban I imagine smoke and fire coming from every hole in his head.

CGC needs to get ahead of this problem before the fans begin to turn on him. He knows what expectations come with this program and fanbase. And he has to be open minded to criticism.
First, we wouldn’t have to wait until after the game for Satan to choke out his OC. It would have occurred on the sideline. The PF bubbas would have been found on the bench, even the ones that were not flagged.

Secondly, CGC’s problem is there’s not real opportunity to respond to criticism because of the way he has promoted the program. It’s not technical, analytical, breakdown of fundamentals, etc it’s culture laced hypey blather so what’s going to be the response to the Citadel debacle? More blather? It won’t sell with those of us debased on here for not being hype monsters & buying into it.

I want to see a disciplined, well coached team. Sure we’ll get beaten because our talent is lacking some times (maybe more times than we’d like), some times it will be bad luck, etc. Get beat like a man if you’re gonna get beat. Getting beaten when you are ill-disciplined is a bad look when you’re trying to get your system installed. A very bad look. We don’t play dirty at GT and certainly should not against a clean program and absolutely not the 4 times we actually got caught.

I want to see good decision-making and in game decisions. Don’t bench the hot hand. Don’t bench the ACC LB’er of the week. I really don’t care if the guy wins practice if he folds like a cheap tent on the field. Put that guy in when the game’s out of reach as a reward or after injury/when someone needs some O2. If you win practice and win on the field you get more playing time, maybe snatch the starter’s spot.

For Pete’s sake, know the damn game rules. Basic damn game rules should be like the back of your hand, your QBs hand, etc. C’mon, nobody should even have to say that. We didn’t know the rules & in this case it cost us the team the embarrassment of being the 2nd GT team to lose to an FCS team not to mention a winless FCS team.

If that’s not what we get at Temple, that will speak volumes.

Scubapro

Banned
First, we wouldn’t have to wait until after the game for Satan to choke out his OC. It would have occurred on the sideline. The PF bubbas would have been found on the bench, even the ones that were not flagged.

Secondly, CGC’s problem is there’s not real opportunity to respond to criticism because of the way he has promoted the program. It’s not technical, analytical, breakdown of fundamentals, etc it’s culture laced hypey blather so what’s going to be the response to the Citadel debacle? More blather? It won’t sell with those of us debased on here for not being hype monsters & buying into it.

I want to see a disciplined, well coached team. Sure we’ll get beaten because our talent is lacking some times (maybe more times than we’d like), some times it will be bad luck, etc. Get beat like a man if you’re gonna get beat. Getting beaten when you are ill-disciplined is a bad look when you’re trying to get your system installed. A very bad look. We don’t play dirty at GT and certainly should not against a clean program and absolutely not the 4 times we actually got caught.

I want to see good decision-making and in game decisions. Don’t bench the hot hand. Don’t bench the ACC LB’er of the week. I really don’t care if the guy wins practice if he folds like a cheap tent on the field. Put that guy in when the game’s out of reach as a reward or after injury/when someone needs some O2. If you win practice and win on the field you get more playing time, maybe snatch the starter’s spot.

For Pete’s sake, know the damn game rules. Basic damn game rules should be like the back of your hand, your QBs hand, etc. C’mon, nobody should even have to say that. We didn’t know the rules & in this case it cost us the team the embarrassment of being the 2nd GT team to lose to an FCS team not to mention a winless FCS team.

If that’s not what we get at Temple, that will speak volumes.

I dont know why I keep coming back to look at this board or any other...we still lost and CGC looked like a horses *** IMO
Liberty, I agree with this post as much as any others on this board.
Going over that game is like stirring a bucket of ****....the more you stir the worse is smells.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
CGC was scheduled to speak at the Savannah Quarterback Club Monday.
He has backed out of that commitment (did that a few days ago). He is sending Tashard Choice instead.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Secondly, CGC’s problem is there’s not real opportunity to respond to criticism because of the way he has promoted the program. It’s not technical, analytical, breakdown of fundamentals, etc it’s culture laced hypey blather so what’s going to be the response to the Citadel debacle? More blather? It won’t sell with those of us debased on here for not being hype monsters & buying into it

Where have you been the last 8 months? This here is unequivocally false.

We need to stop the taking ATL so literal and act like this was pulled outta thin air and not from his experience around some great coaches. It’s no different if i showed you a depth chart with a 2 deep on it. It’s just shows you who have earned the opportunity to play.

That’s also a very slippery slope with wanting to deemphasize what is being done in practice.