Coach’s radio show

LibertyTurns

Banned
Where have you been the last 8 months? This here is unequivocally false.

We need to stop the taking ATL so literal and act like this was pulled outta thin air and not from his experience around some great coaches. It’s no different if i showed you a depth chart with a 2 deep on it. It’s just shows you who have earned the opportunity to play.

That’s also a very slippery slope with wanting to deemphasize what is being done in practice.

I’d re-read page 9.

I’ve worked with & for some of the world’s greatest leaders, no not those guys on tv. Leaders that have had to lead in some of the most intense environments under some austere circumstances. This is football.

Controlling a football team takes a leader with leadership skill. We had little Saturday & it did not start on Saturday. It showed itself with a level of clarity few can refute and it cut across the entire fabric of the team. Temple game will be very telling. I’ll reserve judgment until after that, but right now it’s walking like a duck. It’s not up to me. Coach will do what he will do & I’ll make my own mind up whether he got what it takes. I’m just a fan, not AD or a big time donor able to influence anything other than myself and circle of family/friends/associates. I just hate it for the kids busting their butts & our great Institute to have this happening. It didn’t have to be this way.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Long time listener, first time caller. Coach, wtf? I’ll hang up and listen.”

FTFY

But to stay on topic - I would simply repeat some of his statements made about improving week over week throughout the season and see what his opinion was on why that didn't occur here. I know those were my expectations but he failed in that department this week.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Collins just needs to say what it is. He doesn't have to throw shade on players. But he doesn't have to say ridiculous things that can give a 20 year old a big head like:

- Oliver is the greatest athlete I have been around and is a NFL elite athlete
- Cottrell is an elite NFL special teams player lol nope
- The staff told the clemson broadcast, that was then reverberated nationally, they thought David Curry was an NFL linebacker. LOL
- elite safeties,
- elite nfl secondary

blah blah blah

Just say they are playing good. Or don't say anything

Come on the show and go "we practiced like crap all week" Its on me. I stressed to them more focus in practice and I couldn't right the ship. We stunk it up during the week, we stunk during the game, we acted undisciplined, I am embarrassed for the selfish penalties, We beat one team and acted like we are the Patriots. The offense is not playing well. Ok, we need to fix that. The defense is blah blah blah. I screwed up that final 20 seconds, yes the ref wasn't clear, but I screwed it up too. Move on.

White_Gold

GT Athlete
Where have you been the last 8 months? This here is unequivocally false.

We need to stop the taking ATL so literal and act like this was pulled outta thin air and not from his experience around some great coaches. It’s no different if i showed you a depth chart with a 2 deep on it. It’s just shows you who have earned the opportunity to play.

That’s also a very slippery slope with wanting to deemphasize what is being done in practice.

I agree, it also keeps other teams guessing on who might actually start even though they watch the film and can see a clear starter.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
"but he recorded several segments with @AndyDemetra earlier today"
It won't be live.

I read that to mean that he had already made plans for 7p and could have stuck with the plan not to be on the show. Instead, he recorded several segments, presumably discussing the game.

So the options were "recorded" or "not at all." I'm willing to bet a lot of the keyboard warriors would have chosen the latter if they were in CGC shoes.