Clemson postgame

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Do we even have anyone on staff that could be an interim HC if he was fired during the season. MoSt big programs have a former HC on staff. Maybe coach Mac. We would have to stay with this O since it is so different. No change is going to happen. I would even be surprised if anything happens at the end of the season. He gets at least another year unless he leaves on his own and he is probably too stubborn to do that.

And why do you think the AD is so spineless as to keep him another whole freaking year?

Deleted member 2897

And why do you think the AD is so spineless as to keep him another whole freaking year?

In case you don’t follow baseball, Danny Hall has been on a long decline for several years...with top flight recruiting classes CPJ could only dream of. But ToddS said he won’t fire him because he is still so sharp of a baseball mind. So he could say that same thing about CPJ if he wanted to. I think Todd Stansbury has done a lot of amazing things, but I wonder if he is too nonemotional and won’t fire people.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
Do we even have anyone on staff that could be an interim HC if he was fired during the season. MoSt big programs have a former HC on staff. Maybe coach Mac. We would have to stay with this O since it is so different. No change is going to happen. I would even be surprised if anything happens at the end of the season. He gets at least another year unless he leaves on his own and he is probably too stubborn to do that.

CAM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

Okay so I was personally called out for being fine with mediocrity a couple hours ago. I asked for supporting information where I said or implied I was indeed okay with mediocrity. To no surprise, nothing yet. So let me state unequivocally I am not fine with mediocrity. I couldn’t sleep when we lost to Tennessee. When we lost to Miami I ran yelling and screaming out the front door and into the yard (scaring a neighbor). I am not fine with losing. And even against Clemson losing the way we do is no excuse. We’ve seen them several straight years and know what they’re bringing. It’s inexcusable.

So when I say we should support our guys unconditionally as student athletes, that we shouldn’t vomit on their or GTs social media pages, and that we as fans should be relentlessly positive, please do not confuse those 2 things.

Deleted member 2897

Name a senior on our roster who actually improved from their freshman year

Bingo. To help people out, here are a bunch who started 4 years ago.

Will Bryan, Brad Stewart, Brant Mitchell, Qua Searcy, Clinton Lynch, Kyle Cerge Henderson.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Ok, so uga spends more money than we do. That's not a reason not to fire Johnson. I'm thinking that even after I hear the other 4 issues, I will still want Johnson fired. Why? Because the program has fallen apart and is not going to improve. It's a complete embarrassment. I've put up with him for a long time and I'm tired of the roller coaster ride. Firing him will not solve everything, but it will be a start.

No, it's not a reason not to fire Johnson, but it is a reason why we need to add a lot more to our growing but still puny recruiting staff. It will be hard to get a good coach to come here with the high standards we apply to student athletes in combination with the diminutive size of our recruiting staff. That combo is a killer. Coaching is extremely important of course, but it isn't number one on the list of what needs to be fixed around here. Fire Johnson and problem number one will still be with us, unless and until something is done about it.

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
No, it's not a reason not to fire Johnson, but it is a reason why we need to add a lot more to our growing but still puny recruiting staff. It will be hard to get a good coach to come here with the high standards we apply to student athletes in combination with the diminutive size of our recruiting staff. That combo is a killer. Coaching is extremely important of course, but it isn't number one on the list of what needs to be fixed around here. Fire Johnson and problem number one will still be with us, unless and until something is done about it.

I do agree with you that recruiting is a HUGE problem. Firing Johnson will not be a panacea.