Clemson postgame

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Sure the players share in the responsibility, but at what point is the coach accountable? If he isn't developing the player to become the best they can be then what is the role of a coach....just calling plays?

Our players simply aren't as athletic freaks as Clemson. Our oline got worked. They stopped the dive with ease

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
In early going , before Clemson adjusted we had a few plays that worked. We got outside but marshall did not Always pitch ( imo) when he could. Not sure if we are instructed to always pitch if u can or dknt pitch is u can get a shirt gain.

Latter the pitch was also covered.
20180923_172017.jpg
20180923_171156.jpg

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Simplifying what I saw on Saturday, two things stand out to me;
1) There has to be some effective passing threat at the D1 level.
2) Although we will never have Top10 recruiting classes this has to improve and IMO the TO offense is killing us here too.
I watched in disbelieve as our basketball program was destroyed by Hewitt, how long has it been now since we've been competitive in the ACC, 10 years ? ... something needs to be done SOON !!!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Sure the players share in the responsibility, but at what point is the coach accountable? If he isn't developing the player to become the best they can be then what is the role of a coach....just calling plays?
The HC should be held accountable for everything. That's no mystery. The point is those guys weren't coached to fumble, but to avoid fumbling. Maybe what they don't have is the killer instinct, literally. The desire to beat the living daylights out of their opponent until the coach calls them off. They would need the ball to do that. Focus, in short.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
In early going , before Clemson adjusted we had a few plays that worked. We got outside but marshall did not Always pitch ( imo) when he could. Not sure if we are instructed to always pitch if u can or dknt pitch is u can get a shirt gain.

Latter the pitch was also covered.
View attachment 4200 View attachment 4201

As to coach saying we need to seal the pursuit so Tqm can cut back when the pitch is cut off., it sure looked like they had a lot of players in the box. The linemen are all blocking someone and the lb is right there waiting.
A few games ago we were having line men cut thier guys and qb made quick pass to wr.

Wonder if we could check off to that type of play?

Against these guys nothing would have been effective more than once.

Lets hope that after this game the rest of the games seem slower to our players.

I just realized their QB only carried the ball 6 times while ours carried 25 times.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
As to coach saying we need to seal the pursuit so Tqm can cut back when the pitch is cut off., it sure looked like they had a lot of players in the box. The linemen are all blocking someone and the lb is right there waiting.
A few games ago we were having line men cut thier guys and qb made quick pass to wr.

Yep. How many Clemson defenders in the second picture? Hard to count. 9, maybe 10?

/

alagold

Helluva Engineer
There are LOTS of reasons Clem beat like a drum.
Better players.Better coaching.Better system in place.
It is embarrassing to fumble 8 times vs anybody in the same conference.It happened for the same reasons we lost to usf and pitt.We didn't execute.There were a lot better reasons vs clem.

Wreckaholic

Georgia Tech Fan
No one associated with GT is happy with the status of the program unless you are one of the few that hate the o or CPJ so bad that you want us to fail. Doubt that is the case. However, calling out the players and calling for the coaches to be fired in public is counter productive- do privately to TStan, but support the program in public while expressing your frustration.

I'M nothing will nor should happen until season end. TStan will need to evaluate where the performance is, whether that is due to current staff, support AA has [or has not given them over the las 5+ years, whether or not CPJ has a viable plan to correct the ship, and who else is avaliable. My guess is he will get next year unless the team quits, but that is just an opinion.

If you look at the two pics above you see a couple of issues. #1 is pitch relation. HowaRd appears too deep in both. In the second pic there is the man facing up TM and an ILB appears to running free.

In one play the TV announcers talked about how Clemson played the to perfectly but in reality we had an a back not block anyone. A play or two later TM scores. This time the a back sealed off the inside. Then we have issues with missed reads and failure to pitch when we should.

Lot of execution issues to fix, but fortunately the division is a hot mess and we have about as much chance as anyone else.

For the poster above, it has been 2014 since we have been relevator and not 10 years.

GTFLETCH

Banned
No one associated with GT is happy with the status of the program unless you are one of the few that hate the o or CPJ so bad that you want us to fail. Doubt that is the case. However, calling out the players and calling for the coaches to be fired in public is counter productive- do privately to TStan, but support the program in public while expressing your frustration.

I'M nothing will nor should happen until season end. TStan will need to evaluate where the performance is, whether that is due to current staff, support AA has [or has not given them over the las 5+ years, whether or not CPJ has a viable plan to correct the ship, and who else is avaliable. My guess is he will get next year unless the team quits, but that is just an opinion.

If you look at the two pics above you see a couple of issues. #1 is pitch relation. HowaRd appears too deep in both. In the second pic there is the man facing up TM and an ILB appears to running free.

In one play the TV announcers talked about how Clemson played the to perfectly but in reality we had an a back not block anyone. A play or two later TM scores. This time the a back sealed off the inside. Then we have issues with missed reads and failure to pitch when we should.

Lot of execution issues to fix, but fortunately the division is a hot mess and we have about as much chance as anyone else.

For the poster above, it has been 2014 since we have been relevator and not 10 years.

If TStan wants to continue his 2020 fundraising campaign at the rate of $28M in four months he will have to evaluate the program pretty close to the donors..... It will be interesting if he fires or lets CPJ retire.... Either way I hope we make a bowl and there is a way CPJ can leave with his head held up with a Bowl win... He needs to coach better... We will see

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Every player on offense has been in this system the entire time they have been here. There is nothing new to any of them. Tech’s offense is designed to be “plug and play”. Same fundamentals. Same blocking schemes. Same pitch relation. Same emphasis on avoiding mental mistakes and ball security. When a group of players get it and execute it, the offense works and when they don’t, the offense stalls. The differences I see from one year to the next are the talent and performance levels at various positions.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
The HC should be held accountable for everything. That's no mystery. The point is those guys weren't coached to fumble, but to avoid fumbling. Maybe what they don't have is the killer instinct, literally. The desire to beat the living daylights out of their opponent until the coach calls them off. They would need the ball to do that. Focus, in short.

I think our SA's are bright kids that see themselves first as good people, and a killer instinct comes in somewhere around 4th on their list. Killer instinct is found in boxing or MMA, and in SA's who see themselves first as powerful athletes that want to impose their will on the opponent. For them, being a good person comes in around #4. For GT traditionalists that think our standards must be upheld, we recruit the former and this is the result.

I don't want a team like Miami or Louisville, but having only 20% of our SA's with the killer instinct mindset would make a big difference. To get them we need:

- exceptions and tutoring
- an offense that attracts them since they may be good enough to aspire to playing in the NFL.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Interesting .... other programs are equally pissed.

Texas A+M - Jimbo Fisher: 2-2 (0-1 SEC)

Nebraska - Scott Frost: 0-3

UCLA - Chip Kelly: 0-3

Florida State - Willie Taggart 2-2 (0-2 ACC)

Arkansas - Chad Morris 1-3 (0-1 SEC)

Arizona - Kevin Sumlin 2-2 (1-0 PAC12)

And one NFL team just because:
Oakland Raiders - Jon Gruden 0-2
Difference is those programs are paying a lot of money and are rebuilding. They aren’t fumbling 8 times in year 10!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
So according to this theory, all of our coaches had no business coaching as we have had the same recruiting rankings since they started ranking.
We have never had a 5 star.
We have never had lots of 4 stars.

We never will unless we become Georgia with our academics.

OK, if that is what it takes. Sounds like a winner to me. (TIC)

GT_EE78

Banned
However, calling out the players and calling for the coaches to be fired in public is counter productive-.

i'd agree about dissing the players in social media but "calling for the coaches to be fired in public" is every armchair coach's god-given right!

GT_EE78

Banned
Simplifying what I saw on Saturday, two things stand out to me;
1) There has to be some effective passing threat at the D1 level.
2) Although we will never have Top10 recruiting classes this has to improve and IMO the TO offense is killing us here too.
I watched in disbelieve as our basketball program was destroyed by Hewitt, how long has it been now since we've been competitive in the ACC, 10 years ? ... something needs to be done SOON !!!
more like 12 so we're already into our second "lost decade" maybe more when 04 was our last really good basketball season, just one good season for CPJ if u don't count when he had Gaily recruits,agree definitely.