Clemson postgame

Deleted member 2897

Ok, so uga spends more money than we do. That's not a reason not to fire Johnson. I'm thinking that even after I hear the other 4 issues, I will still want Johnson fired. Why? Because the program has fallen apart and is not going to improve. It's a complete embarrassment. I've put up with him for a long time and I'm tired of the roller coaster ride. Firing him will not solve everything, but it will be a start.

I didn’t say it was a reason to not fire CPJ and it would take a lot for me to see not firing him after this season.

Milwaukee

Banned
FYI, Army is trying to upset #5 Oklahoma running the same offense we’re supposed to be running.
Tied at 21, Army has the ball, 4 minutes left.
It can be done; we just aren’t doing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OU hasn't played Army 12 times in 11 years and they haven't dedicated resources from around their entire conference to stopping them. But I'm pulling for Army none the less.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I did, you ignored it. It’s cool bud. You do you. Keep the good fight going with the people who attack players on Twitter, I haven’t seen anyone on this board who talks to players directly, yet I keep seeing you post about it.

Just a tip, if you’re an adult (I’m assuming you are) and have a Twitter, you might want to get a new hobby.

Deleted member 2897

I did, you ignored it. It’s cool bud. You do you. Keep the good fight going with the people who attack players on Twitter, I haven’t seen anyone on this board who talks to players directly, yet I keep seeing you post about it.

Just a tip, if you’re an adult (I’m assuming you are) and have a Twitter, you might want to get a new hobby.

You might be insane. You certainly live in an alternative universe.

I literally posted examples of instagrams where people talked trash to our players on their own posts.

You didn’t show anywhere that I said or implied I was fine with mediocrity. I have posted at length how much CPJ frustrates me at times and why.

Uninstall.

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
I didn’t say it was a reason to not fire CPJ and it would take a lot for me to see not firing him after this season.

Ok, so we agree on that. Why not fire him now? Aren't you tired of constantly having to face third and long? Knowing it's next to impossible to come from behind? Johnson has been here a decade and he has yet to figure out his offense doesn't work without a great defense. I'm done. Why aren't you?

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I'm not talking what admin heads WILL do. I'm talking about what they SHOULD do. If I could, I would FIRE Johnson. Would you?
Today? No, cause it gains you nothing. He deserves a chance to turn the season around, no matter how far fetched that seems. Commits will start dropping like flies and any legit HC candidate wouldn’t be able to be interviewed til after the regular season is over.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
FYI, Army is trying to upset #5 Oklahoma running the same offense we’re supposed to be running.
Tied at 21, Army has the ball, 4 minutes left.
It can be done; we just aren’t doing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OKC doesn’t see that offense much and probably didn’t practice against it. GT’s rivals do.

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Today? No, cause it gains you nothing. He deserves a chance to turn the season around, no matter how far fetched that seems. Commits will start dropping like flies and any legit HC candidate wouldn’t be able to be interviewed til after the regular season is over.

What would be a good reason for you to fire a coach in the middle of the season? It does happen, after all. As for his deserving a chance, he's had 10 years. Plus, I'm beginning to doubt he even cares. He's just hanging on for the money.

Deleted member 2897

Ok, so we agree on that. Why not fire him now? Aren't you tired of constantly having to face third and long? Knowing it's next to impossible to come from behind? Johnson has been here a decade and he has yet to figure out his offense doesn't work without a great defense. I'm done. Why aren't you?

Multiple reasons.

1) Who is going to start calling the games on short notice.
2) Big payout.
3) We’ve lost 2 road games and Clemson. Remember USF is something like 25-4 in their last 29 games.
4) disruption to the team that has a lot left to play for. The Coastal is wide open.

I just think you do it after the season for a whole host of reasons. But I wouldn’t throw a fit if they fired him now.

GT_EE78

Banned
Ok, so uga spends more money than we do. That's not a reason not to fire Johnson. I'm thinking that even after I hear the other 4 issues, I will still want Johnson fired. Why? Because the program has fallen apart and is not going to improve. It's a complete embarrassment. I've put up with him for a long time and I'm tired of the roller coaster ride. Firing him will not solve everything, but it will be a start.
don't feel so damn bad dude. I had pepper rogers for 5 years before this guy. Can you imagine how tired i am of this offense?

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
3/8 for 57 yds. passing. One player caught all 3 passes.
8 fumbles. 1 lost.

This is so pathetic it's laughable. We are supposed to be playing Div. 1 Power 5 football yet we can barely complete a forward pass much less hang on to the damn ball! This program is at such a low point it's really sad. At least when Bill Lewis wrecked everything we had some talent leftover from the Ross years so that when we made the change to O'Leary we were able to play respectable football until he could rebuild the program. This has turned into a **** show! We better get this next hire right or we're going to have an absolute disaster on our hands. Switching from this crap triple option to any other offense is going to be an enormous challenge for the new coach. We've got to get the right guy for the job or we'll be right back in the same situation we were in with Bill Curry in the early 80's. We barely survived those dark years as a viable program.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
What would be a good reason for you to fire a coach in the middle of the season? It does happen, after all. As for his deserving a chance, he's had 10 years. Plus, I'm beginning to doubt he even cares. He's just hanging on for the money.
If he gets caught doing something unethical or illegal, you can fire him in September, but not for starting the season 1-3. What do you gain by doing this???

Milwaukee

Banned
This is the biggest BS excuse we keep feeding ourselves. Army just knows how to actually run the option.

You could be right. Maybe they don't run slow developing counter option every 3rd offensive snap. If you watch our games it's infuriating how little we actually run triple option. Paul has gotten so far away from what the hell he does. We hardly run a true triple option, maybe 4 times per game. It's beyond frustrating.

You could be right. Maybe they don't run slow developing counter option every 3rd offensive snap. If you watch our games it's infuriating how little we actually run triple option. Paul has gotten so far away from what the hell he does. We hardly run a true triple option, maybe 4 times per game. It's beyond frustrating.

Today we ran the TQM QB Keeper Option the majority of the time. What'd he have - 25 carries for 45 yards or something?

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
There is something off with this team. Lack of focus, lack of energy, lack of fun. Maybe it's coaching, maybe it's lack of confidence in schemes, but something isn't right. No doubt we were outgunned today, but there's no excuse for Pitt and USF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk