Clemson postgame

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
You could be right. Maybe they don't run slow developing counter option every 3rd offensive snap. If you watch our games it's infuriating how little we actually run triple option. Paul has gotten so far away from what the hell he does. We hardly run a true triple option, maybe 4 times per game. It's beyond frustrating.
I’m glad it’s not just me but the play calling seems very different than what it was just a few years ago.

There is something off with this team. Lack of focus, lack of energy, lack of fun. Maybe it's coaching, maybe it's lack of confidence in schemes, but something isn't right. No doubt we were outgunned today, but there's no excuse for Pitt and USF.

Agreed - no fun, no energy. Kinda going thru the motions. No one is really stepping up to lead on either side of the ball.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Agreed - no fun, no energy. Kinda going thru the motions. No one is really stepping up to lead on either side of the ball.

Seen this many times when coaches play plaeyers that the team go wtf with. As the same when the team is like wtf to what the coaches are scheming.

Pauls offense is a known entity so i dont think thats it
In the offseason all the defenders loved woodys scheme and style

I think after 4 weeks of the team watchin certain players continue to get starting time it is losing the team. You can only watch someone on their belly flailing, not in the play, blowing tackles, registering zero in a game so much before you start losing it. Period.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
He missed every dive read today he missed them all against alcorn state

This is correct, I haven’t seen a correct dive read since the start of the season. I’m curious to how many checks at the LOS is TQ calling his own number, because it sure seems to be a lot to me.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Ask yourself how many times we have given to a BB on a read since TM was QB1. Ds know we are severely limited. CPJ is calling around it, which forces us into complex counter stuff where we have to block big people not option stuff where we don't. Parker makes a lot of the trap, counter stuff work, but man it's really not the triple option.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Ok, so we agree on that. Why not fire him now? Aren't you tired of constantly having to face third and long? Knowing it's next to impossible to come from behind? Johnson has been here a decade and he has yet to figure out his offense doesn't work without a great defense. I'm done. Why aren't you?
Do we even have anyone on staff that could be an interim HC if he was fired during the season. MoSt big programs have a former HC on staff. Maybe coach Mac. We would have to stay with this O since it is so different. No change is going to happen. I would even be surprised if anything happens at the end of the season. He gets at least another year unless he leaves on his own and he is probably too stubborn to do that.

Seen this many times when coaches play plaeyers that the team go wtf with. As the same when the team is like wtf to what the coaches are scheming.

I think after 4 weeks of the team watchin certain players continue to get starting time it is losing the team. You can only watch someone on their belly flailing, not in the play, blowing tackles, registering zero in a game so much before you start losing it. Period.

I think you're on to something. Bill Lewis lost the team in 1994, the last time we started 1-3. Let's hope we don't go thru that again.

Eli

Helluva Engineer

I really have no idea how he continues to play

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't pepper still running the single wing at UCLA before he came to GT. I know they were one of the last teams to run it. The spread option sure reminds me of it.

Deleted member 2897

Our Secondary is gonna be elite next year, didn’t watch any of the 2nd quarter of 2nd half because I was at work. From what I can see tho is I was right about Trevor Lawerence lmao.

Yep, Dabo is Dumb if he continues to play Kelly.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I really have no idea how he continues to play

Zero idea. Zero. May be the worst starting defender at tech i can remember in a long time that started this long. We have had bad backups or starters for a game here and there. But this is damn annoying

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Our Secondary is gonna be elite next year, didn’t watch any of the 2nd quarter of 2nd half because I was at work. From what I can see tho is I was right about Trevor Lawerence lmao.

If our player development doesn't improve they will probably be better this year than when they are seniors