Clemson postgame

What was good, well we opened up good. Drive and 2 3 and outs.
Bad simple 9 fumbles. No team in America can win with 9 fumbles. Understand we only lost 1, for 7 points, but the other 8 were a lot of negative yards. Is that coaching, no, that is player concentration.

Also as a side not, Dabo did not show a lot of class. 6 minutes to go and he puts back in the entire 1st team to run up the score.

What is next, the schedule softens for 2 games. Then let's see what we do with Duke. We should be 3-3 at that point, that is unless we continue to fumble.

Also like Oliver. I think it is time for 2 quarterbacks.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The punter is great.

You have to be at the game to get the full effect.

He should have had one downed at the 5. It w as s very very high a d the coverage was good except the cover guy did not look up as he ran into the endzone.

If it had hit him he would have made a blooper reel. As it was it was a mental error.

Love the punter. He could start on Clemson.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Game would’ve been closer if Trevor Lawrence wasn’t that roster. Haven’t witnessed arm talent like that live since maybe Pat White

Mentally preparing myself for 2-10

Time to start recruiting some Off. Tackles for new offense next year bc we have 13 guards

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Bad simple 9 fumbles. No team in America can win with 9 fumbles. Understand we only lost 1, for 7 points, but the other 8 were a lot of negative yards. Is that coaching, no, that is player concentration.

Also as a side not, Dabo did not show a lot of class. 6 minutes to go and he puts back in the entire 1st team to run up the score.

What is next, the schedule softens for 2 games. Then let's see what we do with Duke. We should be 3-3 at that point, that is unless we continue to fumble.

Who cares? I hate whining about running up the score. In the opening game of 1966, Tech played Texas A&M at Grant Field. After scoring to take a 31-7 lead, and with just a few seconds on the clock, Bobby Dodd called for an onside kick. After it was successful, he had Larry Good throwing about a 50-yard TD pan to Johnny Sias on the last play of the game to make it 38-7. And you know what? I don't think anybody whined about it.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
Surprised that I'm not upset we played better than we did last week just a really good team we.played hopefully we can win next two before we play duke.

Our season will be decided next 5 games

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Despite your and my frustration with the fumbles and botched opportunities, I did appreciate the team showing character when facing the score of 42-7. They could've rolled over and said WTH, but they didn't. Rivera's interception, the two 4th-quarter TDs, the yardage picked up on the final possession -- they didn't quit. Regardless of what may happen, and when, to CPJ -- if the team hasn't given up on themselves, then I won't give up on them.

What the heck. Root on, beat Bowling Green, pick up four more wins after that and slip into a bowl. If the guys hadn't shown some fight like they did when it was a foregone conclusion today, I could see writing off the season. But so long as they show some pride, and they don't give up on CPJ (regardless of what fans think of him), here's hoping they press on, improve, and surprise us.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

We were throwing passes on 4th down. If we are still trying to score, so will they. Dabo didnt do anything wrong.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Despite your and my frustration with the fumbles and botched opportunities, I did appreciate the team showing character when facing the score of 42-7. They could've rolled over and said WTH, but they didn't. Rivera's interception, the two 4th-quarter TDs, the yardage picked up on the final possession -- they didn't quit. Regardless of what may happen, and when, to CPJ -- if the team hasn't given up on themselves, then I won't give up on them.

What the heck. Root on, beat Bowling Green, pick up four more wins after that and slip into a bowl. If the guys hadn't shown some fight like they did when it was a foregone conclusion today, I could see writing off the season. But so long as they show some pride, and they don't give up on CPJ (regardless of what fans think of him), here's hoping they press on, improve, and surprise us.

Really, considering the opponent, it's probably our best game of the year. Clemson is one of the 2 best teams in the country, IMO - better than Georgia. We have a shot at 7-5.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Who cares? I hate whining about running up the score. In the opening game of 1966, Tech played Texas A&M at Grant Field. After scoring to take a 31-7 lead, and with just a few seconds on the clock, Bobby Dodd called for an onside kick. After it was successful, he had Larry Good throwing about a 50-yard TD pan to Johnny Sias on the last play of the game to make it 38-7. And you know what? I don't think anybody whined about it.
Any one that the inks they ran up the score was not at the game.

If they left Lawrence in the game to solely pass long, they would have scored at least 4 more touchdowns.

Note iirc in 16 at half time the had 23 pts and we had 25 yds.
This year w 5 minutes to go in 3 rd they had 42 and we had 7.