Clemson postgame

Deleted member 2897

It’s a personal attack to say you think the program is fine? And ok with the current state and direction we’re heading? I’m confused.

I never said it was fine. I never said I was fine with mediocrity. So if you’re going to call people out by name, BACK IT UP. Go SHOW US ALLwhere I said I was fine with mediocrity.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Nobody said it was. I just think it’s hilarious at 1-3 if we find a way to make the championship game there are people who would rather just forfeit.

Who said anything about forfeiting? As a program we seem to be trending down with no obvious answers for improvement, that's why so many people are upset right now. It's year 11, we shouldn't be outclassed like this.

GT_EE78

Banned
The result was about what I expected. We just can not hang with a team like Clemson right now. I did not expect all of the fumbles and poor tackling and I did expect to see a lot more fire out of our boys. Just not much passion out of this group this year. I would start heavily investing in our future and play the younger guys a lot more. These Seniors are not going to make a difference this year. Parker Braun is a really good player but other than him, I don't see any other seniors showing a lot. Time to play Oliver and Graham and develop them for next year and the balance of this year. Still love my Jackets but this is going to be a long season.

Go Jackets!
this year could just be the tip of the iceberg. With the wheels coming off and this coach for another 4 years it's looking a bit like the "lost decade" like basketball .hope i'm wrong

Nobody said it was. I just think it’s hilarious at 1-3 if we find a way to make the championship game there are people who would rather just forfeit.

Not me! If we make it to the ACC-CG, it will be proof that God exists, for it will take a miracle of the Jesus variety for that to happen. I'm not sure what some fans are watching to have that sort of optimism but we are really terrible at basic football fundamentals right now. To even begin to see this team winning 7+ games (or whatever it'd take to win the Coastal) is a level of optimism that, frankly, is bordering on insanity.
But hell, it is still mathematically possible!

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
So embarrassing.

Firstly, Clemson fans likely equaled the Tech fans in the stadium. As has been discussed ad naseum on this board as to why fans don't show up. This is an excellent example. Why would sidewalk fans jump on board the Tech ship?

Tech receives the opening kickoff and moves the ball against a great Clemson defense by exploiting the edge. Jonson gets inside the Clemson 30 and changes tactics. A dive then some "Jumbo" formation and the drive ends on poor play calling and mental errors. Maybe Johnson tried to out think Venebles or something, but I did not understand why he switched away from what was working. The safetys played deep and were slow to support on the corners which played right into Johnson hand. So confusing. After a nice defensive stand things went to hell in a handbasket. If I remember correctly, Tech held Clemson to 13 yards in the first quarter. Or at least sometime before the end of the first quarter.

To a degree, fans understand a good product when they see it. After the first quarter, the Jackets looked inept. Some on this board will blame it on Johnson, some will blame the players. Some will blame it on the Board of Regents. Some will blame it on $$$$. Some will blame it on calculus. Some will blame it on the weather or the brand of uniform.

Secondly, it was saddening to me to watch as Clemson fans moved down to the better seats around me in the second half and respectfully cheered their team on. So many Tech fans left at halftime. This is after I watched an unnamed defensive back try to push the Clemson running back down. Not trying to tackle him, but just a shove. No wrap up, nothing but a two hand push. I did not see defensive players rallying to the ball in the second half. Very sad for a long time Tech fan. I see no improvement in the CNW versus CTR defense. Same bad angles and missed tackles. (Did I mention a silly push attempt at a tackle? Man, that just rankles me)

And I guess thirdly, I hope we are not seeing the return of the "BL" years. Not saying the team has given up, but the trajectory of the team is in the wrong direction. One of the fans in our group said he thought Johnson was just "phoning it in" after listening to a recent interview.

The trajectory must change. This team has some talent. And I hope a lot of heart. Johnson can prove his coaching ability by getting these players to perform better. And in my opinion, improving both his play calling and to improve on his ability as a head coach. Get the small details worked out. From special teams to ball security.

If personnel changes are needed, DO IT! Whether they are a senior or your favorite player.

Rant over. It was a long hot afternoon...

THWG

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Now we’re just getting hysterical.

I never said it was fine. I never said I was fine with mediocrity. So if you’re going to call people out by name, BACK IT UP. Go SHOW US ALLwhere I said I was fine with mediocrity.

Let’s just go back just a couple of posts shall we, people are serious about losing to BG, because that’s where we are right now as a team. You obviously think there’s no chance of losing, and think people are hysterical thinking it, so you feel everything is fine, since normally we wouldnt have a problem beating them. Seems pretty accurate to me chief.

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Because they spend $30 million a year more on football every year than we do. That’s 1 item out of probably 5 easy issues were all very aware of.

Ok, so uga spends more money than we do. That's not a reason not to fire Johnson. I'm thinking that even after I hear the other 4 issues, I will still want Johnson fired. Why? Because the program has fallen apart and is not going to improve. It's a complete embarrassment. I've put up with him for a long time and I'm tired of the roller coaster ride. Firing him will not solve everything, but it will be a start.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
We obviously and embarrasingly suck, so I have a question for all Tech fans. Why is it that Cow Town can fire Richt, not because he had a losing season but because he couldn't take them to the level where they wanted to be, but Tech plods miserably along with a program that is obviously not working, thinking we ought to be proud of today's effort, and hoping somehow to eke out a winning season?
Two different situations. Before this season started we had an 11 win season, including winning a major bowl game, and a 9 win season with a bowl win in the last 4 years. We had also beaten UGA 2 of the last 4 seasons. That is the level we want to be at. Unfortunately, it looks like we can’t get back there.

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Two different situations. Before this season started we had an 11 win season, including winning a major bowl game, and a 9 win season with a bowl win in the last 4 years. We had also beaten UGA 2 of the last 4 seasons. That is the level we want to be at. Unfortunately, it looks like we can’t get back there.

I'm glad you agree we can't get back there. It's time to move on.

Deleted member 2897

Let’s just go back just a couple of posts shall we, people are serious about losing to BG, because that’s where we are right now as a team. You obviously think there’s no chance of losing, and think people are hysterical thinking it, so you feel everything is fine, since normally we wouldnt have a problem beating them. Seems pretty accurate to me chief.

I never said that. Stop putting words in my mouth and stop falsely accusing me of things you can’t back up. Now, again, if you can show where I said or implied I am fine with being mediocre, go for it. Or shut it down and move on.