Clemson postgame

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Coastal is wide open. Virginia Tech and Miami both lost their Quarterbacks today. Both teams nearly lost to nobodies...Virginia Tech did. Louisville lost 27-3 to a terrible Virginia team. Putt lost to a terrible UNC team.

1 game at a time. 2/3rds of the season is left and we can win a lot of games. There are some bad teams in our division. No reason we can’t be the team to find a way to beat them. They’re all looking around like WTF too.

And then what? Get beat down 42-7 in the 3rd quarter again in the championship game?

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I was just Laughing at this post thinking the same thing. So we win the battle of the tallest midget? By backdooring a coastal crown in probably the most down year of the ACC in a long time?

So we win miraculously pull out 6 wins somehow and go to a bowl, great, and what’s exciting about next year again?

You’re making **** up. NOBODY is cool with this crap.

there's at least one fan in this very thread who doesn't understand why fans are upset with our completely void-of-fundamentals football since it was vs Clemson.

Winless FCS ODU looked better prepared and coached today than we did.

But I'm with you - this is garbage and no one should be "meh" about it.

Coastal is wide open. Virginia Tech and Miami both lost their Quarterbacks today. Both teams nearly lost to nobodies...Virginia Tech did. Louisville lost 27-3 to a terrible Virginia team. Putt lost to a terrible UNC team.

1 game at a time. 2/3rds of the season is left and we can win a lot of games. There are some bad teams in our division. No reason we can’t be the team to find a way to beat them. They’re all looking around like WTF too.

you may be right but, unlike some of our 2017 losses, these losses aren't the "We were 1 play away!" variety that would otherwise lead me to some optimism. We've got a TON of work to do in all 3 phases. We are really a bad football team at a fundamental level right now.

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
This season is already decided

We obviously and embarrasingly suck, so I have a question for all Tech fans. Why is it that Cow Town can fire Richt, not because he had a losing season but because he couldn't take them to the level where they wanted to be, but Tech plods miserably along with a program that is obviously not working, thinking we ought to be proud of today's effort, and hoping somehow to eke out a winning season?

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
We obviously and embarrasingly suck, so I have a question for all Tech fans. Why is it that Cow Town can fire Richt, not because he had a losing season but because he couldn't take them to the level where they wanted to be, but Tech plods miserably along with a program that is obviously not working, thinking we ought to be proud of today's effort, and hoping somehow to eke out a winning season?

Because about 30% of the fan base is fine with being mediocre. If you want more for the program and team, you are unrealistic. We are destined to be mediocre and no coach will ever come here and think they can be more than mediocre. Don’t believe me? Let me tag the 30% I’m referring to in this post and they will gladly prove my point.

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
I was just Laughing at this post thinking the same thing. So we win the battle of the tallest midget? By backdooring a coastal crown in probably the most down year of the ACC in a long time?

So we win miraculously pull out 6 wins somehow and go to a bowl, great, and what’s exciting about next year again?

Nothing. Fire Johnson now and start preparing for the future.

Deleted member 2897

Because they spend $30 million a year more on football every year than we do. That’s 1 item out of probably 5 easy issues were all very aware of.

Deleted member 2897

Because about 30% of the fan base is fine with being mediocre. If you want more for the program and team, you are unrealistic. We are destined to be mediocre and no coach will ever come here and think they can be more than mediocre? Don’t believe me? Let me tag the 30% I’m referring to in this post and they will gladly prove my point.

You’re off by 30%. So prove it.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Only a Tech fan would find a way to complain about the fact we might make the ACC Championship game.

You're 100% wrong. If we aren't competing for championships what's the point? Of course all of us are supporting the team and want to see us be successful, but making conference championship games doesn't mean the program is doing well if the division is absolute crap.

Deleted member 2897

You're 100% wrong. If we aren't competing for championships what's the point? Of course all of us are supporting the team and want to see us be successful, but making conference championship games doesn't mean the program is doing well if the division is absolute crap.

Nobody said it was. I just think it’s hilarious at 1-3 if we find a way to make the championship game there are people who would rather just forfeit.

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Because about 30% of the fan base is fine with being mediocre. If you want more for the program and team, you are unrealistic. We are destined to be mediocre and no coach will ever come here and think they can be more than mediocre. Don’t believe me? Let me tag the 30% I’m referring to in this post and they will gladly prove my point.

I agree with you, you don't have to convince me. I'm frustrated there's a disconnect here. We were taught to be excellent engineers so why do we settle for mediocre in ANYTHING? If the football team is mediocre, it doesn't represent who we are as engineers (or architects or what ever your Tech major may be). I'm a helluva engineer and I want a helluva football team!

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
You’re wrong. By a mile. Keep it up the baseless personal attacks and it will get worse.

It’s a personal attack to say you think the program is fine? And ok with the current state and direction we’re heading? I’m confused.