Clemson postgame

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Reading these responses, I’m confused as to what people were expecting from today. We lost to the #2 team in the country, not Old Dominion. Some of y’all need to get some perspective.

I expect players with experience to be able to take a snap, make a pitch, catch a pitch, and not fumble.

On D I expect them to be in the right gap, pursue the ball and finish a play if it is there.

My expectations were not too high, but we vastly underperformed my expectations.

Clemson’s talent had little to do with the fumbled snaps.

Milwaukee

Banned
What was good, well we opened up good. Drive and 2 3 and outs.
Bad simple 9 fumbles. No team in America can win with 9 fumbles. Understand we only lost 1, for 7 points, but the other 8 were a lot of negative yards. Is that coaching, no, that is player concentration.

Also as a side not, Dabo did not show a lot of class. 6 minutes to go and he puts back in the entire 1st team to run up the score.

What is next, the schedule softens for 2 games. Then let's see what we do with Duke. We should be 3-3 at that point, that is unless we continue to fumble.

Also like Oliver. I think it is time for 2 quarterbacks.

Player concentration is coaching. Attention to detail is coaching. When your players do the same stupid things every week every year, not concentrating and not doing the small things it's on the coaches. I'm a PJ supporter but this **** is officially out of hand. I don't know what to do at this point.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Reading these responses, I’m confused as to what people were expecting from today. We lost to the #2 team in the country, not Old Dominion. Some of y’all need to get some perspective.
We wouldn't have beat Bowling Green with what we trotted out there today. Need to step it up. TQ ain't it and I have almost no confidence Oliver is either. Burn the damn redshirt.

Player concentration is coaching. Attention to detail is coaching. When your players do the same stupid things every week every year, not concentrating and not doing the small things it's on the coaches. I'm a PJ supporter but this **** is officially out of hand. I don't know what to do at this point.

I agree and that is why we need to replace those players with younger guys now. That is a coaching decision.

slugboy

Staff member
Clemson’s talent had little to do with the fumbled snaps.

Well, their players had a LITTLE to do with the early one that they scored on. (Not picking on you—you were just the last post)

About the other things I’ve seen, Dabo did kinda run it up, he didn’t have to prove anything to anyone except maybe playoff voters, and our receivers and A-backs made some nice receptions (at least one REALLY nice one).

I believe our players can catch if they’re given half a chance, and sometimes less than that.

Well, Lynch. He caught all 3 pass completions.

I saw a few defenders run into a block instead of into the ball carrier. It wasn’t even getting caught up in the wash—it was bizarre.

Our blocking looked bad. However, I noticed Dabo looking for a couple of our players to tap or shake hands with after the game. He seemed to think a few of them were good.

Glad to see two picks.

Tobias Oliver had a QBR of 74. Second best rating on the field today, but the yardage was a ton less unfortunately.

We have the 7th toughest remaining schedule, maybe including today’s game. Let’s make the most of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The result was about what I expected. We just can not hang with a team like Clemson right now. I did not expect all of the fumbles and poor tackling and I did expect to see a lot more fire out of our boys. Just not much passion out of this group this year. I would start heavily investing in our future and play the younger guys a lot more. These Seniors are not going to make a difference this year. Parker Braun is a really good player but other than him, I don't see any other seniors showing a lot. Time to play Oliver and Graham and develop them for next year and the balance of this year. Still love my Jackets but this is going to be a long season.

Go Jackets!

slugboy

Staff member

And the players too. Sometimes the answer is to play a bunch of freshmen and start fresh. That’s pretty painful at first.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
I was not happy with the lack of urgency when we were down 3 scores in the second half.
- we were taking 30 seconds off the play clock.
- we ran BB up the middle
- sending every play in via AB and not having 2 plays called to help save clock time

I can't imagine ANY team doing these things. Bad coaching IMHO.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck

I read responses like this, and I have to really think is this person being serious or sarcastic? No one expects us to beat Clemson, it’s not the loss that matters, it’s the way we look playing. The absolute **** show we throw out on the field right now is embarrassing. Clemson had their 3rd and 4th string offensive and defensive players in for a while and it was only reason we scored and they didn’t. If Lawrence had stayed in the whole game we lose 70-7, or something close. To have to play a teams 3rd / 4th string players to be competitive says everything I need to know about ours.

If anyone is ok with the way we are playing the last 2 seasons then our fan base has stopped caring about the program.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, their players had a LITTLE to do with the early one that they scored on. (Not picking on you—you were just the last post)

About the other things I’ve seen, Dabo did kinda run it up, he didn’t have to prove anything to anyone except maybe playoff voters, and our receivers and A-backs made some nice receptions (at least one REALLY nice one).

I believe our players can catch if they’re given half a chance, and sometimes less than that.

Well, Lynch. He caught all 3 pass completions.

I saw a few defenders run into a block instead of into the ball carrier. It wasn’t even getting caught up in the wash—it was bizarre.

Our blocking looked bad. However, I noticed Dabo looking for a couple of our players to tap or shake hands with after the game. He seemed to think a few of them were good.

Glad to see two picks.

Tobias Oliver had a QBR of 74. Second best rating on the field today, but the yardage was a ton less unfortunately.

We have the 7th toughest remaining schedule, maybe including today’s game. Let’s make the most of it.

On the one they scored on, quinney cut parker so no one got blocked at the point of attack. TMs pitch was low and a shade behind. We looked bad before we got hit.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I read responses like this, and I have to really think is this person being serious or sarcastic? No one expects us to beat Clemson, it’s not the loss that matters, it’s the way we look playing. The absolute **** show we throw out on the field right now is embarrassing. Clemson had their 3rd and 4th string offensive and defensive players in for a while and it was only reason we scored and they didn’t. If Lawrence had stayed in the whole game we lose 70-7, or something close. To have to play a teams 3rd / 4th string players to be competitive says everything I need to know about ours.

If anyone is ok with the way we are playing the last 2 seasons then our fan base has stopped caring about the program.
Where did you read that anyone was ok with the way we are playing???

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Where did you read that anyone was ok with the way we are playing???

There is still a contingent of people who think every thing is fine and we’re just going to magically reel off a bunch of wins in a row. What would anything we are doing on the field lead to that conclusion? What has changed or improved week to week? Where is this magical improvement coming from?