@ Clemson Feb 1

slugboy

Staff member
The Littlejohn curse continues--at least in the first half. Hope we can get better wing play, or Lammers will sweat off 20 pounds today.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
It's not a huge surprise that in a week we get a ton of pub for being surprise team we get toasted.

Happened to Minnesota this year as well

Ramblinwreck07

Jolly Good Fellow
Great fight to make it interesting tonight. Frustrating game to watch though. Had opportunities late to really cut the deficit, and took some questionable and rushed shots. Winnable game that we could look back on and regret.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Rough game for the Jackets. Clemson played with a lot of energy and defended our offense very well. I felt like Pastner stayed with Heyward (and Gueye) too long in this game, especially when we needed offense. The officials seemed really bent towards Clemson and there were times where we just couldn't catch a break. It happens. Like CJP loves to say...the margin for error is REALLY small for this team. 9% of 3-pt shots isn't going to cut it.

We had bursts of energy, but didn't keep it up all game. Nice little comeback at the end, but too little, too late. Oh, well. Let's get'em next time. Go Jackets!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
upload_2017-2-1_20-15-20.png

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
This was the team I was expecting this year. Showed good fight though. I know people get tired of hearing it but this is why Pastner keeps saying we have no margin for error. I feel like the Wake game Saturday is a must win to keep tourney a realistic chance. Need FSU to win tonight at Miami.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Very rough game... Went from down 8 at the half to down 20 (21?) at one point.
Did cut the deficit to single digits in the last 3 minutes, but just couldn't shake the Little John curse.

slugboy

Staff member
blech. Let them hit a lot of shots, and we couldn't hit many. Lammers had a monster game. Clemson seemed to get most of the rebounds.

ZacketJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Only 6 FTAs in the 1st half, 1-11 3pt%, and a 13-17 A/TO ratio -- not a good recipe for winning games. If we can't hit shots and can't get to the line (aka, don't get fouls called in the paint), we probably won't win.

On the bright side, Lammers continued to grow. If he can stay healthy, we will win some more games that we're expected to lose as long as the whole rest of the team doesn't go cold like they did tonight.