@ Clemson Feb 1

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Question to those that know basketball better than me: Since we struggle to win @Clemson, what do we need to do to win the game tomorrow night? This is a huge game for our post-season chances. It isn't a deal breaker if we lose, but would be a huge step in getting into the tourney to win this one on the road.
Keeping up the rebounding advantage is one of the biggest keys in my opinion. We were +11 in our first game against them and held them below their season averages in FG% - in my mind these statistics are indirectly related. A lot of second chance points are at a higher percentage, typically coming around the basket. If we can prevent those, specifically by Blossomgame, I've seen enough of our defense to feel confident we can keep them to a modest shooting %.

Offensively we need to continue to run the offense through Lammers - he's noted as being one of the better passing big men in the league, and we've been a much more fluid team when he's involved.

If we do those two things, I feel good about our chances tomorrow night.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Question to those that know basketball better than me: Since we struggle to win @Clemson, what do we need to do to win the game tomorrow night? This is a huge game for our post-season chances. It isn't a deal breaker if we lose, but would be a huge step in getting into the tourney to win this one on the road.

My opinion, we will need to play at a very high level tomorrow night to have a shot. Clemson is in a must-win position, and they have the revenge edge as well. They'll be highly motivated and will play with a lot of energy.

Our game is all about pace and energy, and when the other team has the talent edge AND plays with high energy, we will struggle. In order to overcome that, we have to bring it from start to finish and hope our guys can stay confident and execute.

We also have to play our game - all starts with D - switch it up and hope they miss a bunch like before. If we keep playing great D and we keep sharing the ball, we have a shot, but this is a tough spot. I expect us to be a little flat after all the media love from the prior week, and we will likely get the Tigers A game..

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Spreads down to 9. Money flowing in our direction. Not that it means much. 10 is a huge number for these two teams.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Clemson has played themselves into a "must win" game against us tonight. They already have six losses with road games coming up at FSU and Duke. But they are not the only ones. NC State is in a similar spot with a very tough February schedule and a 3-6 record. Their home game with Syracuse tonight could turn their season around or end any hope of the NCAA Tournament.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Do we see the continued evolution of Lammers tonight? Would love to see him take another big step forward and led us to victory. We need to go right at S**t-Tay (Clemson C..lol) tonight. Ben can dominate that match-up.

My biggest concern is that they're going to come hard at Ben. Look for Blossomgame and the Tigers to drive hard into the lane looking to draw contact. He gets early fouls, that would be problematic for us.

Otherwise, its about locking them down and playing with our trademark energy.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I just want to see us knock down a few open jumpers if they double Lammers inside, which I'm sure they will do. I'm no basketball guru, but if we keep playing good defense and we can manage to hit some open jumpers I think we can pull out a win.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
My concern is they shot poorly from deep last time IRC. Don't be fooled. Holmes and the other juco kid (can never remember his name) or maybe Holmes is the Juco and the other a freshman. Either way, they can both shoot it, along with JB

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My concern is they shot poorly from deep last time IRC. Don't be fooled. Holmes and the other juco kid (can never remember his name) or maybe Holmes is the Juco and the other a freshman. Either way, they can both shoot it, along with JB

Went back and looked, you were right, here are their figures:

3-Pt. FG% 1st Half: 4-14 28.6% 2nd Half: 3-10 30.0% Game: 29.2%

Conversely, we shot 33% from 3-Pt. in that game. For some perspective, we're shooting about 35% for the season.

We knockdown 35% + from deep tonight, I like our chances.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
My bookie has us at +10.5. Are we missing someone tonight? That seems really high.

I don't know about that, but here's something to keep in mind. Clemson really didn't play that Djitte in their game against Pitt, and they won. I understand that they really expect to play Djitte this evening, so I like our chances.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Spread has jumped to Clemson by 1.5 points since this morning. ESPN shows it at 10.5 too.

It makes sense.

Road game
Tons of press for us

And in all honesty we have played above our heads all year. If we beleive our own legend Clemson could cover that.....

However....

Clemson struggles to score because Brownell is really CBG plus (a few key Madden attributes.)

AND

Okogie and Lammers aren't the kind of guys to just rest on their pub. At least that's my impression of them. They're winners and as of yet J-OK hasn't played poorly two games in a row. How great would it be to see Jax Josh Q and Ben hit on the same night.

I'd take the points at the very least.
I think this is a 3 point game either way

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
Love seeing Ben play away from the hoop facing the basket...making vicious cuts :) ...look for him to take prodding bigs away from the basket and really show the diversity of his game.I also like TJ posting up...I think he has the strength and athleticism to score down there.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Just a quick note from littlejohn. DRad may have been a train wreck as an AD but he does build nice facilities. Littlejohn is gorgeous. Great sight lines. I grabbed seats on stubhub a couple weeks back. Fifth row, top of the key. Right behind Tech bench.
Place is 95% full. Upper deck packed. Got very loud after the Blossomgame dunk but not very loud on a consistent basis.