CFB25 Video Game: images revealed of GT stadium, mascots, traditions

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
I’m in 2025 now and the DL roster got real thin but I’ve found switching to a 3-3-5 has helped a lot to compensate.

Just beat UGA and now I’ve got a matchup with SMU in the ACC title game.

Oh, also both King and Isiah Canion (who I redshirted) are in the heisman race because Canion is a beast in the slot with the computer having to deal with Singleton and Rutherford on the outside. Outrunning LBs on deep routes for days.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Also I hate doing it but I quit a game. The computer ran into the kicker 3! times on forced punts and led to 10 points. I can take once, or if I was going for blocks but three times by the AI is a little much

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
Also I hate doing it but I quit a game. The computer ran into the kicker 3! times on forced punts and led to 10 points. I can take once, or if I was going for blocks but three times by the AI is a little much

BleedGoldNWhite21 posted a tip earlier in this thread that there’s option to turn off that penalty. That’s what I did to avoid this nonsense once I realized you can do this.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Anyone else get games where the computer turns into The Kurt Warner rams and 85 bears? UNC was unblockable, whereas I went up and down the field on ND, who has stars everywhere on D. VT made a 55 yard field goal in the rain and was matching me score for score until I ran a kick back then pick 6ed them

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
BleedGoldNWhite21 posted a tip earlier in this thread that there’s option to turn off that penalty. That’s what I did to avoid this nonsense once I realized you can do this.

I wouldn't turn it off, but I certainly would adjust the sliders to decrease the number of times it happens. The same thing happens on field goals too.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone else get games where the computer turns into The Kurt Warner rams and 85 bears? UNC was unblockable, whereas I went up and down the field on ND, who has stars everywhere on D. VT made a 55 yard field goal in the rain and was matching me score for score until I ran a kick back then pick 6ed them

This is anecdotal but I’ve experienced games where both teams seem to struggle offensively and other games where it’s a total shootout. I beat FSU in Dublin 17-10 and then Georgia State hung 41 on me (fortunately I scored 62)…

I was disappointed when I played the Tarholes since I went 7-9 on 3rd down and 2-2 on 4th down. I was really hoping for “IT’S MONEY DOWN” to blast out on their PA.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I just finished the regular season 11-1. Only lost was to NC State, then lost the ACC Championship to NC State.

Haynes King is a freaking monster. I threw for 2800 yds with 29 TD, ran for 600 for 9 TDs. I lost Jamal Haynes to an ACL in week 2...

Singleton had just over 1000 yds with 12 TDs.

Defense is awful - Height is the only one I got any pressure from - he ended with 5.5 sacks. But...I got 6 picks from Harvey, 5 picks from Burrell, and 3 from Gibbs. I gave up a ton of yards, especially on 3rd downs...

Now I'm in the playoff, facing USC (west)...
Except for the injury to Jamal, I'd take that as our season this year.

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
So i beat USCw in the first round of the playoff, then beat Ohio State, then beat Oregon - margin of victory was 7 points or less in each game. Then I faced Michigan in the Natty game and got smoked. Michigan lined up and ran the ball down my throat and I couldn't stop it. They couldn't stop me either, but I ended up throwing an INT in the third quarter and that was ultimately the difference in the game. Everyone is returning for their senior season...year 2 might be another good one!

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
I’ll probably go with an option team tbh.
I love a good option game, but the controls have been much more difficult to grasp for me. Maybe that's my NCAA 14 coming out but having to press a button for the QB to keep it coupled with different pitch options has taken some time to grasp. I'm so used to holding down A/X until the last possible moment the DE makes the read that now I get my QB killed by doing the same thing. It has been a learning curve for sure.

Also, has anyone else found that running swing passes results in the QB throwing the ball behind the RB when putting the meter in the yellow? I want fast, efficient throws to my RB so that he can utilize the blocking to quickly get up the field, but more times than not, the fast throw is behind the RB who then has to gather and try to turn up field. By that time, he's getting hit. Lobbing the ball or pass leading ahead gives too much time for defenders to get off the block and make a play on the ball.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I love a good option game, but the controls have been much more difficult to grasp for me. Maybe that's my NCAA 14 coming out but having to press a button for the QB to keep it coupled with different pitch options has taken some time to grasp. I'm so used to holding down A/X until the last possible moment the DE makes the read that now I get my QB killed by doing the same thing. It has been a learning curve for sure.

Also, has anyone else found that running swing passes results in the QB throwing the ball behind the RB when putting the meter in the yellow? I want fast, efficient throws to my RB so that he can utilize the blocking to quickly get up the field, but more times than not, the fast throw is behind the RB who then has to gather and try to turn up field. By that time, he's getting hit. Lobbing the ball or pass leading ahead gives too much time for defenders to get off the block and make a play on the ball.
For WR screens, I use the directional pad to lead them away from pursuit and behind blockers.

I also have bad muscle memory on the read option but I blame madden. The “hold in x and release to give to rb” is more intuitive than hitting x to keep.