CFB25 Video Game: images revealed of GT stadium, mascots, traditions

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I would love an answer to this too. I haven't found it yet. Also, why didn't they put the coin toss in the game instead of having it pre-selected in the menu screen? I kinda miss that part.... I also miss being able to play a neutral site game in Dynasty that isn't already written into the game.
I also miss being able to control the weather.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
9-2 heading into a top 10 match up with uga. Lost to VT and UM and now need Syracuse to beat Miami to go to the ACCCG. Haynes King has 34 TDs and 29 Ints, Birr is kicking field goals at a 58% clip, Jamal Haynes has 1300 yds rushing, Christian Leary is 2nd in Heisman voting (behind Carson Beck) with 1500 yds receiving and Singleton has 1100 yds receiving

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
9-2 heading into a top 10 match up with uga. Lost to VT and UM and now need Syracuse to beat Miami to go to the ACCCG. Haynes King has 34 TDs and 29 Ints, Birr is kicking field goals at a 58% clip, Jamal Haynes has 1300 yds rushing, Christian Leary is 2nd in Heisman voting (behind Carson Beck) with 1500 yds receiving and Singleton has 1100 yds receiving
I’m starting year 3 but my first without King or Hayes. Mr. Pyron is getting the nod in week 1 but a 5* FR. QB is right behind him waiting in the wings. I think Dickens is my starting RB but off the top of my head I can’t remember. Singleton is in his last year and Canion is opposite of him. Long is now TE1.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I’m starting year 3 but my first without King or Hayes. Mr. Pyron is getting the nod in week 1 but a 5* FR. QB is right behind him waiting in the wings. I think Dickens is my starting RB but off the top of my head I can’t remember. Singleton is in his last year and Canion is opposite of him. Long is now TE1.
I'm not focusing on recruiting this year, just summing through the season, and if I could figure out how to kick and pass the ball I might be able to play at a difficulty higher than varsity

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Crazy the variation. In my game Canion is buried in years 3/4. Long became the starter year 2, then backup year three to a recruit. Knowles was like +4 ovr vs Pyron. Took until year 4 for dickens to start

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Playing the darn mutts is like playing the computer on cheat code. The number of picks Haynes has thrown or fluky PATs or fumbles I've had is stupid. I hope it's not indicative of real life

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Crazy the variation. In my game Canion is buried in years 3/4. Long became the starter year 2, then backup year three to a recruit. Knowles was like +4 ovr vs Pyron. Took until year 4 for dickens to start
It is crazy! I chose Motivator for my archetype so it really took a lot of effort just to get 3* guys to commit. Once I started focusing my points on the recruiting archetype, my recruiting started taking off. Basically nobody from my first recruiting class is going to stay on the roster. My second recruiting class I finally had some dudes, but they will take a year or two to develop. I actually had to cut Knowles in mine because he never developed, I recruited a 5* and 4* QB, and Philo was progressing much faster than Knowles. He was never going to see the field. I can’t remember, but does Philo have a better developmental trait than Knowles? I want to say one is Star and one is impact but I don’t remember which is which. I also have gotten very little impact help in the portal, just loads of depth.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Just starter year 4 and by virtue of the RB room being less good than the past, and the wealth of riches at WR and knowles(who has like 55 speed). I played with a lot of 5 WR and threw 6 TD vs VT. Gotta play to your strengths, PJ style.
It is crazy! I chose Motivator for my archetype so it really took a lot of effort just to get 3* guys to commit. Once I started focusing my points on the recruiting archetype, my recruiting started taking off. Basically nobody from my first recruiting class is going to stay on the roster. My second recruiting class I finally had some dudes, but they will take a year or two to develop. I actually had to cut Knowles in mine because he never developed, I recruited a 5* and 4* QB, and Philo was progressing much faster than Knowles. He was never going to see the field. I can’t remember, but does Philo have a better developmental trait than Knowles? I want to say one is Star and one is impact but I don’t remember which is which. I also have gotten very little impact help in the portal, just loads of depth.
I honestly think the offseason progression is random. I had dickens as the backup season one thinking he would progress, but Felix went from a mid 70s to 85 in his senior season. Dickens is the starter now but just by virtue of his overall. Maddox and the freshman are just as good.

The mid season is where the gem gains are made, I think. Off-season is random. I had a gem 3 star TE just go mid 80s after playing zero snaps and has a higher ovr vs my TE who was second team all ACC.
I’ve also read that there are skill caps as well, which can affect progress, but I haven’t looked too deeply into it. Basically look at speed/str/etc, then at 5 star, then 4 star gem, 5 star bust, 3 star gem, 4 star bust.

I do know that on NSD you can look at your signees and see their dev trait. I started screenshotting so I wouldn’t cut elite/star guys that started with lower ovr.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Playing the darn mutts is like playing the computer on cheat code. The number of picks Haynes has thrown or fluky PATs or fumbles I've had is stupid. I hope it's not indicative of real life
ive had no issue with ugag. miami on the other hand, ****ers do wtf ever they want

also, had my LOLB win the Heisman, defensive player of the year, player of the year, LB of the year and not on any All american teams

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I
ive had no issue with ugag. miami on the other hand, ****ers do wtf ever they want

also, had my LOLB win the Heisman, defensive player of the year, player of the year, LB of the year and not on any All american teams
Saved scummed 5 times against UGA because of the stupid interceptions, fumbles, and kicking woes. Will try them again next weekend when I am back from my business trip.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Just starter year 4 and by virtue of the RB room being less good than the past, and the wealth of riches at WR and knowles(who has like 55 speed). I played with a lot of 5 WR and threw 6 TD vs VT. Gotta play to your strengths, PJ style.

I honestly think the offseason progression is random. I had dickens as the backup season one thinking he would progress, but Felix went from a mid 70s to 85 in his senior season. Dickens is the starter now but just by virtue of his overall. Maddox and the freshman are just as good.

The mid season is where the gem gains are made, I think. Off-season is random. I had a gem 3 star TE just go mid 80s after playing zero snaps and has a higher ovr vs my TE who was second team all ACC.
I’ve also read that there are skill caps as well, which can affect progress, but I haven’t looked too deeply into it. Basically look at speed/str/etc, then at 5 star, then 4 star gem, 5 star bust, 3 star gem, 4 star bust.

I do know that on NSD you can look at your signees and see their dev trait. I started screenshotting so I wouldn’t cut elite/star guys that started with lower ovr.
I hopped on last night and realized Felix is my starter, not Dickens. Maybe it was just Colorado's defense, but Felix couldn't get anything going on the ground, but Maddux ripped off a nice run. Pyron and my 5* Adkins both struggled mightily, but my defense bailed me out. I'd put my LBs and secondary up against anyone and feel confident. My personal litmus test on if I have a good defense is calling man blitzes. If my DBs don't get beat deep and the blitz hits home in under 3 seconds, then I've got a good defense. I called lots of man blitzes last night. Gibbs, Tobe, and high rated transfer make up my corners and they are absolutely lock down.

I also realized last night that I have been recruiting wrong this entire time. I was recruiting decently, but nobody was a true impact starter in year 1 or even year 2. It hit me that player archetypes are crucial when recruiting. If the player archetype doesn't match what type of scheme you are running, he will still be highly rated, but his OVR will be low because he isn't a match for what you are doing. Case in point, I recruited a gem 4* RB with power back archetype, but because Tech utilizes elusive backs/receiving backs, he came in as a 60 something OVR even though he has 89 speed and 84 break tackle with high carrying stats. Thankfully I had barely started the season, so I completely changed up my recruiting board to match the types of players we need instead of just going for high stars. I really think this will pay off in getting better OVRs once they hit campus.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
I play on dynasty but only play football, not the recruiting crap.

I’m in year 2 (2025), and we play AT u(sic)ga during hate week… for the second year in a row?!

We started at Colorado and it seemed okay with a smattering of ACC opponents, but I just realized we’re playing in the cesspool again.

Did I miss something when I kept clicking buttons to advance from year 1 to year 2 - like a scheduling option? If so, this level of incompetence could have landed me a high up gig in the former administration. Or is the game messed up?

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck

I’m in year 2 (2025), and we play AT u(sic)ga during hate week… for the second year in a row?!

We started at Colorado and it seemed okay with a smattering of ACC opponents, but I just realized we’re playing in the cesspool again.

Did I miss something when I kept clicking buttons to advance from year 1 to year 2 - like a scheduling option? If so, this level of incompetence could have landed me a high up gig in the former administration. Or is the game messed up?
There’s an option before each season begins to customize the schedule. Don’t worry, this seems to be something EA messed up on as my dynasty did the same thing in year 2. I caught it as I was reviewing the schedule and simply changed it to a home game. Once the season starts though, you are locked into that schedule so you have to make any changes before advancing into the next season.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
There’s an option before each season begins to customize the schedule. Don’t worry, this seems to be something EA messed up on as my dynasty did the same thing in year 2. I caught it as I was reviewing the schedule and simply changed it to a home game. Once the season starts though, you are locked into that schedule so you have to make any changes before advancing into the next season.
It did it in road to glory too.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer

It did it in mine too. So sweet to beat them on the road twice haha. Year 3 I played them in the national title game too

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks for the pointers!

I have a 2025 schedule that would make Todd blush. Bye weeks were weeks 2 and 3 and playing b2b games at the cesspool. Some of my finest work as an AD, not reading anything and just pressing X. Art sure does imitate life!

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Beat the mutts 48-45, finally figured out how to throw the darn ball. Also the final dagger was a huge load option toss to Christian Leary for 66 yds. Haynes also pulled a ball down after escaping a rush and scampered 83 yds for a TD to take the lead late in the 1st quarter. Beck threw 5 TDs and 5 INTs, Haynes threw 2 TDs and 2 INTs but ran for 2 more and oh boy was this one nice to get. Hopefully it's what we really see in November.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
In awards season.

Christian Leary (138 Rec, 1660 yds, 23 TDs)- Player of the Year, Heisman, Best Receiver
Warren Burrell (5Ints, 69 tkls, 0 tds) - best defensive player, Best Defensive Back
Romello Height (11 sacks, 20 tkls, 30 tfl) - Best Defensive End, Lombardi Award
Kyle Efford (1 Ints, 35 tkls, 8 DEF) - Best Linebacker

Finished the regular season 10-2, 3rd in the ACC, and #5 in the country. Get to play #8 Alabama in the first round of the playoff.