CFB25 Video Game: images revealed of GT stadium, mascots, traditions

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The only way I can seem to throw downfield with King in this game is by turning Singleton loose on a go route and hoping the D shows a one high safety so I can just throw over the corner. Anything else and I have ZERO time from the o line before I get destroyed. So everything else has to be quick hit passes. That jet sweep to Leary is nice, and so are some of the RPO screens and flats passes to Seither. The scrambles are a bit too slow IMO. If you run PA boots King is deadly, but we have something like two plays with this concept. Haynes is a beast running the ball.

Not sure how Leary is listed so much faster than Singleton.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
The only way I can seem to throw downfield with King in this game is by turning Singleton loose on a go route and hoping the D shows a one high safety so I can just throw over the corner. Anything else and I have ZERO time from the o line before I get destroyed. So everything else has to be quick hit passes. That jet sweep to Leary is nice, and so are some of the RPO screens and flats passes to Seither. The scrambles are a bit too slow IMO. If you run PA boots King is deadly, but we have something like two plays with this concept. Haynes is a beast running the ball.

in this game you have to use your lines slide protections to hope to get a long time to throw. look on youtube for some help.

this was a decent vid to explain it

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
New f$;&ed up way for a game to end. I get a safety to take a 2 pt lead on ND with 2 min left. They punt the free kick and the computer moves my player 3 yards to the right of the ball without me touching the joystick. The ball hits the turf and ND recovers, kicks a field goal and wins. Sort of feels like cheating by the AI…

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
I noticed that too! It was a cool Easter egg.

I finally had time to finish my regular season. I was impressed (I use that term now that it’s over and I won) with how difficult they made it to play at hostile stadiums. I beat the mutts 42-40 but it’s tough when half the time I can’t audible (?s over players) nor can I remember which button is which receiver when they don’t appear!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
New f$;&ed up way for a game to end. I get a safety to take a 2 pt lead on ND with 2 min left. They punt the free kick and the computer moves my player 3 yards to the right of the ball without me touching the joystick. The ball hits the turf and ND recovers, kicks a field goal and wins. Sort of feels like cheating by the AI…

Not as bad as this L

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So just played a few more games. I struggle with this iteration of the game. When the CPU decides it wants to beat you it just beats you and there’s nothing you can do about it.

NC state just dismantled me to wrap up ACC play. Those teams are fairly evenly matched, yet nothing I tried on either side of the ball remotely worked. I run the ball, they’re in run blitz. I throw the ball and four defenders blow by six blockers to get sacks. It’s just ridiculous.

I scored to go up 12 on Miami with about a minute to play. They scored three more times throwing deep into Cover 4…not even underneath crap. Straight passes into deep coverage and complete everything. I kept scoring and still won, but wtf.

There’s got to be some BS baked into the game that just makes games wild for the sake of doing so.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

Not as bad as this L

See, what’s stupid about that is that in a real football game they would have ruled that momentum carried him into the end zone and called it a touchback. But not in this strange fantasy land EA has crafted.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Can anyone else make a field goal from an angle on the road? Even when I angle it perfectly and strike it in the green it misses more often than not
Field goal kicking has been a struggle for sure. I don’t think I’ve made but one try from 45+ yards. Trying it on the road is just about impossible

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Field goal kicking has been a struggle for sure. I don’t think I’ve made but one try from 45+ yards. Trying it on the road is just about impossible
I some how manage to hit a 51 yarder. But I really tend to miss. Mostly if I get a green in side to side, I mess up the power. If I miss side to side I also mess up the power and that ball shanks so bad it’s comical.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer

Change your formation so Singleton is in the slot and the jet pass is even better. You can get both him and Haynes loose by alternating with the jet sweep fake.

I’ve noticed if I run a lot of RPO and screens, it pulls them way closer to get down the field.

And yes singleton should be like 98 speed

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Change your formation so Singleton is in the slot and the jet pass is even better. You can get both him and Haynes loose by alternating with the jet sweep fake.

I’ve noticed if I run a lot of RPO and screens, it pulls them way closer to get down the field.

And yes singleton should be like 98 speed
Putting Singleton in the slot was the one move I made that completely unlocked GT's playbook for me. Like you said, it gets him and Haynes loose and gets Singleton a lot of open looks against the slot CB. Throw in a deep shot now and then and I move up and down the field with ease.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Putting Singleton in the slot was the one move I made that completely unlocked GT's playbook for me. Like you said, it gets him and Haynes loose and gets Singleton a lot of open looks against the slot CB. Throw in a deep shot now and then and I move up and down the field with ease.
What did you guys do to get him in the slot? Make him WR3? When I do that it doesn’t handle it correctly in most formations. I see you can put WR1 in the slot in a lot of formations, but there are so many packages it seems almost impossible to do with a play clock.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
What did you guys do to get him in the slot? Make him WR3? When I do that it doesn’t handle it correctly in most formations. I see you can put WR1 in the slot in a lot of formations, but there are so many packages it seems almost impossible to do with a play clock.
Shotgun 3 WR, cycle through different groupings with the stick until you see his number in the slot. It will stay that way when you do it once

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Shotgun 3 WR, cycle through different groupings with the stick until you see his number in the slot. It will stay that way when you do it once
From one game to the next or just within the same game?

What if you pick plays from concept instead of formation? Does it keep him there?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
is there no practice mode inside dynasty? I need to be able to refine plays with a current roster mid-season, not the base