CFB25 Video Game: images revealed of GT stadium, mascots, traditions

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Lost three straight to close out the season and finish 7-6. Oof. Not exactly sure what happened, but I played NC State, uGA, and Texas and literally couldn’t get first downs and couldn’t get a stop.

Fuslie went down in one of those games for the season and then I was getting sacked by DTs right after the snap any time I tried to throw and ceased to be able to run the ball. That maybe explains the offensive lapse, but then on D crazy I would hemorrhage yards.

I was also clearly getting pissed off so maybe I just need to take a break for a few days…

We landed the 13th ranked class and improved to 85 overall, which seems much more in line with the rest of the conference. Probably where we should have been out of the box, but oh well. Let’s see what happens in year two.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Lost three straight to close out the season and finish 7-6. Oof. Not exactly sure what happened, but I played NC State, uGA, and Texas and literally couldn’t get first downs and couldn’t get a stop.

Fuslie went down in one of those games for the season and then I was getting sacked by DTs right after the snap any time I tried to throw and ceased to be able to run the ball. That maybe explains the offensive lapse, but then on D crazy I would hemorrhage yards.

I was also clearly getting pissed off so maybe I just need to take a break for a few days…

We landed the 13th ranked class and improved to 85 overall, which seems much more in line with the rest of the conference. Probably where we should have been out of the box, but oh well. Let’s see what happens in year two.
It has been a struggle for me in recruiting. I haven’t yet mastered only going after a handful of prospects at a time. I try to spread my hours out across a lot of guys at once and it cost me 3 4* prospects tonight that I had huge leads on then took their hours away to put on someone else only to come back and try to put a bunch of hours on them once it’s too late. I chose Motivation for my archetype and while it really helps with in-season and off-season progression, I find myself pulling in classes in the 30s. I recently unlocked the recruiting archetype which has definitely helped me make strides in that department, but I’ve got to figure out how to navigate it better.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
It has been a struggle for me in recruiting. I haven’t yet mastered only going after a handful of prospects at a time. I try to spread my hours out across a lot of guys at once and it cost me 3 4* prospects tonight that I had huge leads on then took their hours away to put on someone else only to come back and try to put a bunch of hours on them once it’s too late. I chose Motivation for my archetype and while it really helps with in-season and off-season progression, I find myself pulling in classes in the 30s. I recently unlocked the recruiting archetype which has definitely helped me make strides in that department, but I’ve got to figure out how to navigate it better.
Honestly I’d rather just figure out how to get a damn stop on defense! It’s damn near impossible once the computer decides it wants to score. Defending passes is 1000x harder than it used to be

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly I’d rather just figure out how to get a damn stop on defense! It’s damn near impossible once the computer decides it wants to score. Defending passes is 1000x harder than it used to be
Yeah, once the CPU wants to score, you can basically forget it. Any other time, I have found great success in completely abandoning the 4-2-5. Now that's my base playbook as it's Tech's defensive playbook, but I almost exclusively use Nickel base formation, 3-3-5 Mint (or something like that, just scroll down to Nickel and change packages to the one that says Mint). It puts Lightsey as an Edge rusher and I have Efford and Tatum as my two coverage backers (I had to move Tatum to LOLB). I primarily come out in either Cover 3 Sky, Cover 3 Match, or Cover 2, but will occasionally throw a zone blitz in there just to keep the CPU off balance. I do a lot of coverage shells and I constantly move my D-Line and slant them in different ways too. Lightsey is a beast coming off the edge and the backers do enough in coverage to give the D-line enough time to get to the QB. It's a pretty nice scheme when you get the kinks worked out. I would recommend trying it out in either practice or against a much lesser opponent to give you a large room for error without risking losing the game. If you need some help with it, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand where I can.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, once the CPU wants to score, you can basically forget it. Any other time, I have found great success in completely abandoning the 4-2-5. Now that's my base playbook as it's Tech's defensive playbook, but I almost exclusively use Nickel base formation, 3-3-5 Mint (or something like that, just scroll down to Nickel and change packages to the one that says Mint). It puts Lightsey as an Edge rusher and I have Efford and Tatum as my two coverage backers (I had to move Tatum to LOLB). I primarily come out in either Cover 3 Sky, Cover 3 Match, or Cover 2, but will occasionally throw a zone blitz in there just to keep the CPU off balance. I do a lot of coverage shells and I constantly move my D-Line and slant them in different ways too. Lightsey is a beast coming off the edge and the backers do enough in coverage to give the D-line enough time to get to the QB. It's a pretty nice scheme when you get the kinks worked out. I would recommend trying it out in either practice or against a much lesser opponent to give you a large room for error without risking losing the game. If you need some help with it, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand where I can.
I’ve been running Nickel in my new season with more success, but I’m blitzing a lot and bringing the DBs up and playing under coverage. I finally said to hell with it - the pressure will force sacks and turnovers and if they score at least they’ll score quickly so I control the ball and the clock.

Works well until the CPU forces some dumb crap like me fumbling on the free kick after a safety at Colorado. I guess the CPU just feels like you can’t have the ball after a safety since I’m 0-2 at getting possession.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Scrambling with the QB is difficult. If I can get King into space he’s fast as hell? But he’s slow as molasses getting out of the pocket. Anyone figured out how to crack that nut?

Oh, and I’ve found that if you want to slide you’d better do so about 10 yards before anyone is remotely near you or you’ll get lit up and likely fumble. That motion is ridiculously slow.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Scrambling with the QB is difficult. If I can get King into space he’s fast as hell? But he’s slow as molasses getting out of the pocket. Anyone figured out how to crack that nut?

Oh, and I’ve found that if you want to slide you’d better do so about 10 yards before anyone is remotely near you or you’ll get lit up and likely fumble. That motion is ridiculously slow.
The new wear and tear system has made me much more conscious about scrambling with King. However, when I do, I typically shoot the A gaps between the center and guards. It seems to take the molasses feeling out and gets him up field pretty quickly. Anytime I try to break contain around the edge I usually get chased down by a DE due to that molasses feeling you're talking about. As for the sliding part, you're 100% right. I slide well before it would be considered "necessary" in real life.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been running Nickel in my new season with more success, but I’m blitzing a lot and bringing the DBs up and playing under coverage. I finally said to hell with it - the pressure will force sacks and turnovers and if they score at least they’ll score quickly so I control the ball and the clock.
CPJ….is that you??

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Got around to playing Miami last night in year 2 and they are one tough team. The amount of speed they have on the field is killer to play against. It took a pick 6 and a kickoff return for a TD to beat them.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Won the title, beat WVU in double OT. Computer was really giving me all of it. Almost a mirror of how I run tech, rpos for days.
Then played 11th seeded UF, demolished, 3 seed Oregon, destroyed,
Had the 5th best ACC class with 5 four stars and the rest 3 stars. 23 recruits. Miami had 30 recruits, mostly 4 and 5 stars, really lapped the rest of the ACC.
Portal players really helped as I got an edge guy with lots of speed or I would have been in real trouble. DL took a big step down, but have a ATH I moved over, signed 3 freshman and 2 portal entries.
Missed out on a bunch of good 4 and 5 stars at the end.
Hoping with another year and jumping on them early will help. Need to get another QB and Haynes replacement, although Dickens is really good in year 2.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Ok, so I lost my cool today after an evenly matched VT in Bobby Dodd was thrashing me on both sides. I restarted, and restarted, and restarted. I probably played that game 7 times and flat out cannot win no matter what strategy I choose. Any time I start to have success…hold, fumble, ridiculous Reggie Bush type run by VT where the dude breaks like 8 tackles.

I’ve historically loved these games, but this one has some serious problems with the AI. It’s like it decides before the game starts that you aren’t going to win no matter what you do.

…and another thing. The person who invented the FG kicking mechanism should be fired from EA and publicly shamed. You never know how fast the meter is going to fill after you hit the alignment…it always goes from about 10% full to 100% in a fraction of a second, but the speed in which it gets to that 10% varies making it impossible to kick with any consistency.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ok, so I lost my cool today after an evenly matched VT in Bobby Dodd was thrashing me on both sides. I restarted, and restarted, and restarted. I probably played that game 7 times and flat out cannot win no matter what strategy I choose. Any time I start to have success…hold, fumble, ridiculous Reggie Bush type run by VT where the dude breaks like 8 tackles.

I’ve historically loved these games, but this one has some serious problems with the AI. It’s like it decides before the game starts that you aren’t going to win no matter what you do.

…and another thing. The person who invented the FG kicking mechanism should be fired from EA and publicly shamed. You never know how fast the meter is going to fill after you hit the alignment…it always goes from about 10% full to 100% in a fraction of a second, but the speed in which it gets to that 10% varies making it impossible to kick with any consistency.
The kicking meter sucks! And then yeah if the rng gods hate you that day then you are sol. I have restarted a couple of games where the LB in pass coverage leaps 10 ft through the air to intercept a pass to an otherwise open singleton multiple times in a game.
That said, sometimes an AI just can't defend a play and I can run something (say the Jet sweep touch pass) 15 times in a row to pull out a win

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
I played FSU last night and Omar Daniels made a beautiful break on a pass but instead of jumping to pick it off he just ran underneath it and didn’t react at all…RNG sucks sometimes lol

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
finished my 1st dynasty. some weird things. had the best defensive end and cb in the nation but neither were on an all American team. Not sure if they were even all acc either

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
finished my 1st dynasty. some weird things. had the best defensive end and cb in the nation but neither were on an all American team. Not sure if they were even all acc either
I’ve read that it’s based off of OVR and not stats, which is dumb

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
The year is 2026.
Georgia Tech, having come off of 2 national titles, leaves the ACC for the big 10, in a one for one swap with Rutgers.
Jamal Haynes is drafted in the 6th round after leading the nation in rushing, Haynes king is drafted late despite leading the nation in TDs(but also ints). Brent key convinces Singleton to return and improve on his second round grade.
Through hard work Graham Knowles beats out Pyron and a young scrambler to take the QB role. With Felix handling rushing duties and leading the nation through week 8. With 7 road games, Tech faltered at u dub with young Knowles throwing 3 picks in the loss, but bounced back with wins over 3 straight: wisky, ucla, and Penn state all on the road.

With the move to the big10, techs recruiting has seen an upswing. Despite only 9 commits, tech not only pulled their first 5 star in years but 3 others with him, and 5 four stars as well.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Random, but does anyone know how to choose what stadium you are playing in during a play now game? My brother and I wanted to play FSU vs GT in Ireland, and couldn't figure out how to select Avina stadium

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Random, but does anyone know how to choose what stadium you are playing in during a play now game? My brother and I wanted to play FSU vs GT in Ireland, and couldn't figure out how to select Avina stadium
I would love an answer to this too. I haven't found it yet. Also, why didn't they put the coin toss in the game instead of having it pre-selected in the menu screen? I kinda miss that part.... I also miss being able to play a neutral site game in Dynasty that isn't already written into the game.