CFB25 Video Game: images revealed of GT stadium, mascots, traditions

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I’m about 10 games in but three now into our season… has anyone else experienced the CPU really wanting to try to block FGs / PATs causing 15 yard roughing the kicker penalties? Haven’t blocked a kick but average about 0.5 of these penalties per game. I switched to vanilla defense on kicks to avoid a penalty.
Forewarning that I've only played one game so far but I was pretty happy with how everything handled using these sliders:

People post sliders here as well: https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-college-football-sliders/

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting. I did a Play Now with the “even team” setting against ugag and held them to 24, and played a game as Bama against Texas and held them to the same, so maybe it’s partially our defense and partially my inability on that side of the ball.

I straight up just turned that penalty off. It kept happening to me at the worst possible moments.

I’m having a lot of fun, overall though, even with pulling out my hair on defense. Our offense is incredibly fun to play with. Just imagine the buzzkill (no pun intended lol) if this game was released during the recent dark years and our offense was like 60 overall lol

Forewarning that I've only played one game so far but I was pretty happy with how everything handled using these sliders:

People post sliders here as well: https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-college-football-sliders/

Thanks for the tips! It’s been an unproductive weekend due to this game, lol. We’re finally ranked mid-season at 5-1 - I lost to Louisville on a Hail Mary :(

Last edited:

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks for the tips! It’s been an unproductive weekend due to this game, lol. We’re finally ranked mid-season at 5-1 - I lost to Louisville on a Hail Mary :(
I just finished the regular season 11-1. Only lost was to NC State, then lost the ACC Championship to NC State.

Haynes King is a freaking monster. I threw for 2800 yds with 29 TD, ran for 600 for 9 TDs. I lost Jamal Haynes to an ACL in week 2...

Singleton had just over 1000 yds with 12 TDs.

Defense is awful - Height is the only one I got any pressure from - he ended with 5.5 sacks. But...I got 6 picks from Harvey, 5 picks from Burrell, and 3 from Gibbs. I gave up a ton of yards, especially on 3rd downs...

Now I'm in the playoff, facing USC (west)...

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I did an entire season as Georgia Southern went 12-1 and won the CFB Playoff (michigan was my final boss and donavan edwards had almost 300 yards it was haunting but i beat them with a last minute field goal)

The sliders above actually make things feel good.

But i learned if you start as an OC at a low level school and you do something nuts liek that you don't get to get the chance to take over as head coach when your head coach leaves. You jsut get a new head coach and then half your players will transfer.

So starting a dynasty as the GT head Coach.

If you plan on taking over GT or pretty much any school that isn't a 4 star you pretty much need to be a tactictian. Recruiting is great but Tactician with all the skill points combined with a Scheme Guru Defensive coordinator can actually solve some talent disparity problems.

If you are doing play now and a team uses a 4-2-5 defense make sure to reorder depth chart, for some reason it likes to put your ROLB's as both of your linebackers and your MLB isn't ever going to be on the field.
You can also manually fix this by puting yrou MLB as your SUBLB.

OUr playbook is a little... off. We are missing some inverted veer concepts we ran a lot last year with king The plays are in the playbooks though so its easy to fix with a custom playbook Or just running Georgia Southern's playbook.

I made a FlexRaid playbook i am planning on using in a dynasty at some point to build up KSU or Southern. Which is basically flexbone close, trips and standard sets, then pistol flex and pistol singleback sets with the air raid pass concepts. and an Air raid gun set and options. It works surprisingly well with our roster and makes up for that silly throw power limitation they put on king

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
What difficulty are you guys playing to put up these offensive numbers with Tech?

I’m on All-American. I did play a few on Varsity to shake off 10+ years of rust. I was never able to enjoy the older games on Heisman so I’m not even going to attempt that now.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess I'll post my obligatory "I fired up the game" story. First things first, gotta get Tech a W against the mutts. It always has, and always will be the first game I play on any college football game. 10+ years of rust saw me down 28-0 very quickly. I immediately felt like an embarrassment and wanted to crawl under a rock so that the imaginary fans in the imaginary stands wouldn't run me out of town for this putrid showing against our arch-nemesis, at home no less! Nothing I did on offense was working, and the defense was non-existent. But then, as I perused through our poorly recreated spread offense playbook, I found a split backfield formation out of the shotgun that looked promising, so I said, "what the heck" and put it out on the field. Mind you, this puts King, Haynes, Cooley, Singleton, Rutherford, and Leary on the field together. Lots of speed (which comes in handy later on). First play I run the RPO swing pass and get a huge chunk play. Two-minute warning hits (2-minute warning?!?!) and I start eating the elephant one bite at a time. I thought hey, score before half, get the second-half kickoff and score again and we've got a brand-new ball game. I stick with this Godsend of a formation, work my way down the field, and finally punch it in. A couple of runs by ugag later and we reach halftime down 28-7.

Open the second-half the same way using strictly the formation listed above, march it right down the field again and score again to make it 28-14. Hope finally creeps back in and I feel like we are swinging the momentum a little bit. Ugag marches right back down the field on this sorry excuse of a defense, but magically, Warren Burrell steps in front of a Carson Beck pass and picks it off. Now, with momentum fully back towards me, I decide to come out in the same formation, but take a shot down the field. Leary's speed takes the top off the defense who was all too ready to stop another RPO and we strike quickly again.

Entering the 4th, it's a 28-21 game. Our defense steps back out on the field and quickly shuts down another mutt possession. Now, with roughly 4:45 left in the game, I start one of those infamous CPJ death marches. I used that RPO play to death against the leg humpers and their defense was powerless to stop the 1-2 punch of Haynes and Cooley. We kept hitting them with 5-6 yard runs coupled with 8-10 yard swing passes until we punched it in with a run from Haynes with about 30 seconds left. Ugag does nothing of note on offense in that short amount of time and we head to overtime.

By now I know I can call just about any play from this beautiful gift of a formation, and it will work. Sure enough, Cooley takes the RPO swing pass, and on the first play of overtime, we score to make it 35-28. By now Bobby Dodd is rocking and I'm scared to play any sort of defense. Ugag finally snaps out of the funk I put them in and starts their overtime possession with a decent run. What happened next will go down in virtual lore for all time. Men will weep at its recollection. Carson Beck, in all his mutt glory, takes the shotgun snap and scans the field. There's three wide to the field and one out to the boundary. I'm usering Kyle Efford across the middle. Beck steps back and fires to his tight end who his running a go route up the seam. In a moment to be replayed over and over again in the Tech faithful's memories, Kyle ranges over and jumps, picking off the pass while falling backwards to the turf. The comeback was complete! The crowd erupts as Chris Fowler excitedly describes the pick! Some members of the team rush to celebrate with Kyle. Others drop to their knees claiming victory from the jaws of defeat. The screen shakes from the noise of the crowd as they too realize the enormous moment that they have just witnessed. I shout for joy as I complete by far one of the best games I've ever had the joy of playing on any console football game. As the adrenaline fades and the end of game menu pops up to exit and return to the main menu, it hits me like a ton of bricks, college football video games are back, and it doesn't get any better than this!

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
I did an entire season as Georgia Southern went 12-1 and won the CFB Playoff (michigan was my final boss and donavan edwards had almost 300 yards it was haunting but i beat them with a last minute field goal)

The sliders above actually make things feel good.

But i learned if you start as an OC at a low level school and you do something nuts liek that you don't get to get the chance to take over as head coach when your head coach leaves. You jsut get a new head coach and then half your players will transfer.

So starting a dynasty as the GT head Coach.

If you plan on taking over GT or pretty much any school that isn't a 4 star you pretty much need to be a tactictian. Recruiting is great but Tactician with all the skill points combined with a Scheme Guru Defensive coordinator can actually solve some talent disparity problems.

If you are doing play now and a team uses a 4-2-5 defense make sure to reorder depth chart, for some reason it likes to put your ROLB's as both of your linebackers and your MLB isn't ever going to be on the field.
You can also manually fix this by puting yrou MLB as your SUBLB.

OUr playbook is a little... off. We are missing some inverted veer concepts we ran a lot last year with king The plays are in the playbooks though so its easy to fix with a custom playbook Or just running Georgia Southern's playbook.

I made a FlexRaid playbook i am planning on using in a dynasty at some point to build up KSU or Southern. Which is basically flexbone close, trips and standard sets, then pistol flex and pistol singleback sets with the air raid pass concepts. and an Air raid gun set and options. It works surprisingly well with our roster and makes up for that silly throw power limitation they put on king
I found running the generic Spread Option playbook really seemed to capture most of the Tech rushing offense. I switched to it from the base Tech playbook and really hit a groove running the ball. To me, it seemed more realistic than the vanilla playbook EA gave us. The only downside is it seemed to negate all the air raid passing principles we use. Does Southern's playbook capture those principles as well as utilize the inverted veer and spread option runs?

I started a GT dynasty with motivator, and it really helps your players perform for the biggest games of the season. I haven't entered an offseason yet, so I don't know the training yields, or any bonuses associated with motivator, but I already unlocked recruiter also as I have found recruiting to be much more challenging than 14.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
I guess I'll post my obligatory "I fired up the game" story. First things first, gotta get Tech a W against the mutts. It always has, and always will be the first game I play on any college football game. 10+ years of rust saw me down 28-0 very quickly. I immediately felt like an embarrassment and wanted to crawl under a rock so that the imaginary fans in the imaginary stands wouldn't run me out of town for this putrid showing against our arch-nemesis, at home no less! Nothing I did on offense was working, and the defense was non-existent. But then, as I perused through our poorly recreated spread offense playbook, I found a split backfield formation out of the shotgun that looked promising, so I said, "what the heck" and put it out on the field. Mind you, this puts King, Haynes, Cooley, Singleton, Rutherford, and Leary on the field together. Lots of speed (which comes in handy later on). First play I run the RPO swing pass and get a huge chunk play. Two-minute warning hits (2-minute warning?!?!) and I start eating the elephant one bite at a time. I thought hey, score before half, get the second-half kickoff and score again and we've got a brand-new ball game. I stick with this Godsend of a formation, work my way down the field, and finally punch it in. A couple of runs by ugag later and we reach halftime down 28-7.

Open the second-half the same way using strictly the formation listed above, march it right down the field again and score again to make it 28-14. Hope finally creeps back in and I feel like we are swinging the momentum a little bit. Ugag marches right back down the field on this sorry excuse of a defense, but magically, Warren Burrell steps in front of a Carson Beck pass and picks it off. Now, with momentum fully back towards me, I decide to come out in the same formation, but take a shot down the field. Leary's speed takes the top off the defense who was all too ready to stop another RPO and we strike quickly again.

Entering the 4th, it's a 28-21 game. Our defense steps back out on the field and quickly shuts down another mutt possession. Now, with roughly 4:45 left in the game, I start one of those infamous CPJ death marches. I used that RPO play to death against the leg humpers and their defense was powerless to stop the 1-2 punch of Haynes and Cooley. We kept hitting them with 5-6 yard runs coupled with 8-10 yard swing passes until we punched it in with a run from Haynes with about 30 seconds left. Ugag does nothing of note on offense in that short amount of time and we head to overtime.

By now I know I can call just about any play from this beautiful gift of a formation, and it will work. Sure enough, Cooley takes the RPO swing pass, and on the first play of overtime, we score to make it 35-28. By now Bobby Dodd is rocking and I'm scared to play any sort of defense. Ugag finally snaps out of the funk I put them in and starts their overtime possession with a decent run. What happened next will go down in virtual lore for all time. Men will weep at its recollection. Carson Beck, in all his mutt glory, takes the shotgun snap and scans the field. There's three wide to the field and one out to the boundary. I'm usering Kyle Efford across the middle. Beck steps back and fires to his tight end who his running a go route up the seam. In a moment to be replayed over and over again in the Tech faithful's memories, Kyle ranges over and jumps, picking off the pass while falling backwards to the turf. The comeback was complete! The crowd erupts as Chris Fowler excitedly describes the pick! Some members of the team rush to celebrate with Kyle. Others drop to their knees claiming victory from the jaws of defeat. The screen shakes from the noise of the crowd as they too realize the enormous moment that they have just witnessed. I shout for joy as I complete by far one of the best games I've ever had the joy of playing on any console football game. As the adrenaline fades and the end of game menu pops up to exit and return to the main menu, it hits me like a ton of bricks, college football video games are back, and it doesn't get any better than this!
I’ve tried beating UGA, haven’t done it yet.

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
I went for a two point conversion to take a one point lead with 45 seconds left against UGA after playing from behind all game… and promptly gave up a TD drive. Felt all too real lol

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m enjoying reading other’s season’s progress. I just eked by Miami, nursing a 3 point lead after Jamal Haynes went down. It felt good ending the game in victory formation - I wasn’t tempted to run the ball to try to get Trey Cooley from 97 yards to 100 yards!

Outside of 9-1 GT, the biggest surprise teams so far are 9-1 USCe (ranked 3) and 5-4 u(sic)ga (not ranked).

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Currently 5-0 after beating Louisville 35-32. Beat FSU on a 43 yard field goal with time expiring, 24-22. Criminoles went for two to take the lead earlier in the 4th. Went up 21-0 with a minute in the first half and they returned the KO 105 yards.
Haynes King leads the nation in touchdown passes, thanks to Louisville and fcs both trying to shut Jamal down. Syracuses 3-3-5 seemed to give me fits until I started throwing in some goal line runs with Maddox at midfield. They couldn’t stop him. Corners are iffy, but the rest of the D is decent.
Basically every game except the FCS has been a back and forth affair. Probably some of my lack of skill but also the computer likes to throw some bs at you every time you build a good lead. Safeties coming from 10 yards behind a receiver to pick it, wide open screen Haynes gets caught behind a blocker in the backfield. 3 man front with 2 deep safeties and the DT beats a double team to tackle for a loss. Stuff like that.
King is an absolute animal, but I agree with singleton that his speed needs to be upped. I hope they do like madden and update the ratings of players as the season progresses.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I found running the generic Spread Option playbook really seemed to capture most of the Tech rushing offense. I switched to it from the base Tech playbook and really hit a groove running the ball. To me, it seemed more realistic than the vanilla playbook EA gave us. The only downside is it seemed to negate all the air raid passing principles we use. Does Southern's playbook capture those principles as well as utilize the inverted veer and spread option runs?

I started a GT dynasty with motivator, and it really helps your players perform for the biggest games of the season. I haven't entered an offseason yet, so I don't know the training yields, or any bonuses associated with motivator, but I already unlocked recruiter also as I have found recruiting to be much more challenging than 14.

Southerns playbook is a pure air raid paired with read option playbook. But i found it doesn't quite capture our skill positions. I have grown comfortable with our playbook now and i have to say it si quite potent. Especially the jet pass's. Leary can house those with his speed and they work as a constraint play. I sometimes stick haynes in that slot as well to get him a pass. Our read option game is very strong as well.

Southern's playbook is much more open. But they are a true air raid which means your constraint play is a large series of mesh concepts.

King felt underutilized in that playbook compared to ours.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I’m enjoying reading other’s season’s progress. I just eked by Miami, nursing a 3 point lead after Jamal Haynes went down. It felt good ending the game in victory formation - I wasn’t tempted to run the ball to try to get Trey Cooley from 97 yards to 100 yards!

Outside of 9-1 GT, the biggest surprise teams so far are 9-1 USCe (ranked 3) and 5-4 u(sic)ga (not ranked).

Beck has a knack for throwing picks.

He threw 4 in the game i just played. Lets hope that holds true.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Two tips that helped me on D:
1. Change your shells often. Held Duke to 10, where only fsu and fcs were held under 30 before. Confused them a bit
2. Grab Efford/Lightsy and control them if they are in a zone/blitz. Can blitz if it looks like run or help out underneath. The computer does a decent job of rushing vs. me, so DL is a waste unless you’re in man

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
Two tips that helped me on D:
1. Change your shells often. Held Duke to 10, where only fsu and fcs were held under 30 before. Confused them a bit
2. Grab Efford/Lightsy and control them if they are in a zone/blitz. Can blitz if it looks like run or help out underneath. The computer does a decent job of rushing vs. me, so DL is a waste unless you’re in man
I found that "showing" a different coverage will help to confuse the QB. I generated a ton of turnovers because of this, especially showing a different coverage while zone blitzing.