CFB25 Video Game: images revealed of GT stadium, mascots, traditions

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
King is too slow and is rated a bad passer for someone he can make the throws he can.

Kyle Efford isn’t even in the game as best I can tell.

I’m not sure what to say about how bad our O line is. It’s just ridiculous.
That's surprising given King is a 90 speed. Maybe it's a QB nerf in general.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
One cool thing I’ve discovered in the game is they will have the PA announcer say they are looking for George Burdell.
Okay I have to ask: I’ve read about this tradition before but feel like I’ve only seen it one or two times - do I need to start listening to the PA announcer more or do we only do it for the homecoming game or something along those lines?

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Okay I have to ask: I’ve read about this tradition before but feel like I’ve only seen it one or two times - do I need to start listening to the PA announcer more or do we only do it for the homecoming game or something along those lines?
I don't think I've ever heard it at the games. Sometimes the band will credit George P. Burdell as the band director for the playing of the National Anthem or the Alma Mater. It's more of a school-wide tradition. I think it was added to the game as like a unique thing for Tech.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve heard it a couple times now. But it sounded like it was more of an announcement they do when you lose something or your kid is lost and they are telling you to come to the office

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I’ve heard it a couple times now. But it sounded like it was more of an announcement they do when you lose something or your kid is lost and they are telling you to come to the office
This was my understanding of it as well but like you said, I’ve been going to most/all home games for the last 14 seasons and can most definitely count on one hand how many times I’ve heard this.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
I've heard George P. Burdell paged over the intercom at Auburn in 1982, the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando in 2004, and I think the Gasparilla Bowl this past year. As YoungSting pointed out, it is like a page at the airport, "Paging George P. Burdell. White courtesy telephone please". I suspect this started as a sort of prank, an inside joke, played on unsuspecting stadium personnel at road games. Can't say I've ever heard it at a home game.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I've heard George P. Burdell paged over the intercom at Auburn in 1982, the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando in 2004, and I think the Gasparilla Bowl this past year. As YoungSting pointed out, it is like a page at the airport, "Paging George P. Burdell. White courtesy telephone please". I suspect this started as a sort of prank, an inside joke, played on unsuspecting stadium personnel at road games. Can't say I've ever heard it at a home game.
I've definitely heard this at the stadium and the Atlanta airport before

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
This was my understanding of it as well but like you said, I’ve been going to most/all home games for the last 14 seasons and can most definitely count on one hand how many times I’ve heard this.
from what i thought, it was only done at away games. someone would go up and have them make an announcement. i heard it at a Tech/fsu game down in Tallahassee once

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I just turned it on… it looks really nice and look forward to stats / rankings changing during the season as players and teams evolve.

I read some griping but EA sports did us well. Bobby Dodd stadium looks sold out AND a GT crowd. Haven’t seen that in a long time!

BuzzWreck

Georgia Tech Fan
I was in the band during the 1987-1989 years. When we travelled to away games, they would task freshmen rats with the job of getting George P. Burdell paged in opposing team's stadiums. I don't recall that happening at home games as the stadium staff would catch on and know about the tradition, but the staff at opposing team stadiums generally fell for it.

Chipper

Georgia Tech Fan
Band colors aside (blue uniforms wut), they did a fantastic job with the details. I love hearing “LETS GO JACKETS” chants pop up. The wreck looks great. They rendered a bunch of buildings outside BDS like north ave apartments etc. They even have Buzz doing pushups after TDs

Attachments

• IMG_3468.jpeg
    IMG_3468.jpeg
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 56

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Has anyone who pre-ordered a physical copy of the game from Amazon gotten it yet? My tracking (NW Atlanta) says the expected delivery date is Monday.