CBK press conference (synopsis)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
For CPJ fans like me, remember that he threw shade at CCG and CJT's bowl game.

Key doesn't deny throwing shade at GT in recruiting because it's a war and continues to insult the past staff.

However, he now brings this passion he used against GT FOR GT so let's grit our teeth and support him.

Nah. Y’all can but I’ll be happy when he moves on again. There are plenty of fans willing to fawn over him. I’m sure he doesn’t need my support.

For me, if he can bring in top flight recruits like he claims he will....that would make it easier to grin and bear his mercenary arrogance and what to me is an unearned 2nd chance at Tech. He has to put his money where his mouth is now.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Nah. Y’all can but I’ll be happy when he moves on again. There are plenty of fans willing to fawn over him. I’m sure he doesn’t need my support.

For me, if he can bring in top flight recruits like he claims he will....that would make it easier to grin and bear his mercenary arrogance and what to me is an unearned 2nd chance at Tech. He has to put his money where his mouth is now.
It takes more muscles to frown than to smile.

:)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
curry constantly referenced how Dodd averaged 6/7 wins per year over the last majority of his career.

If Curry said that, it was out of context bull****. We played 10-11 games a year back then. Dodd's last season 9-2. Previous 4 seasons won 7 games a year. Twice had a tie and rest of the time had 3 losses. Plus we weren't playing cupcakes ........

Curry was one of our two worst coaches all time so take the source into consideration.
image.png

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Just Damn. Why are there only 7 likes? Can only be that only 7 people have watched it.
I was critical of the Key hire for the same reason as whiskey. But, I’m willing to let that slide in the spirit of all is fair in love and recruiting. (After all, he did say recruiting is war.) That said, he still has a lot to prove to me when we start playing real football games.

As for the video, there’s a lot to like about it. I like the passion, I like the energy, I like the vision and the desire to change the national perception of Georgia Tech football. The only thing that leaves me shaking my head is the comment about changing the culture. There was nothing wrong with the previous culture in the locker room in my opinion. Nobody was happy with losing football games least of all Coach Johnson.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck

This man really doesn’t understand Key was doing what was best for whoever his current employer was at the time. The man wasn’t getting paid to recruit for Georgia Tech. He was doing his job. If someone wants to pay me as much as they get paid I’ll say negative things about GT too.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I was critical of the Key hire for the same reason as whiskey. But, I’m willing to let that slide in the spirit of all is fair in love and recruiting. (After all, he did say recruiting is war.) That said, he still has a lot to prove to me when we start playing real football games.

As for the video, there’s a lot to like about it. I like the passion, I like the energy, I like the vision and the desire to change the national perception of Georgia Tech football. The only thing that leaves me shaking my head is the comment about changing the culture. There was nothing wrong with the previous culture in the locker room in my opinion. Nobody was happy with losing football games least of all Coach Johnson.
Maybe he’s talking about the way the culture was perceived outside the locker room. I could be wrong, that’s my two cents.

From my personal perception, the culture had gotten stale. I’m sure I’m not alone in that regard. It’s refreshing to hear, even if there was nothing wrong with the previous culture.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck

Agree nothing was wrong internally, past coaches and players represented Tech well. I think by change in culture the new staff is referring to how Tech is viewed outside the program by the city, media, HS coaches and players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer

You clearly don’t understand what culture means.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Parker Braun epitomized everything I consider right with Georgia Tech football. He’s gone by his own choice. For some reason he didn’t want to stick around. I sure hope the Parker Braun mold is not something we are going away from.
He was a good mold. But not the end all, be all mold. We can still recruit awesome dudes to represent Georgia Tech who aren’t like Parker Braun. No offense. Just sayin.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
He was a good mold. But not the end all, be all mold. We can still recruit awesome dudes to represent Georgia Tech who aren’t like Parker Braun. No offense. Just sayin.
High character, great student, great work ethic, respectful, Respected by his peers and his coaches, articulate... Oh and did I mention an all American level football player. Yep, that’s the end-all be-all for me if one exists.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
curry constantly referenced how Dodd averaged 6/7 wins per year over the last majority of his career.

Also, sir, can you please record your face to face when you confront CBK about negatively recruiting against GT? And post it. Thank you.

Well he declined to respond to email and he hasn’t denied he did so in that presser so what would be the point now?

There is little arguing he did it now. He isn’t gonna apologize for doing it or explain it beyond “recruiting is war.” That’s garbage imo and I’m likewise not going to change my take on things either.

Win with class.....not at all costs. He needs to bring in 5 star recruits now or he’s simply full of hot air....and juice.

Last edited:

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
High character, great student, great work ethic, respectful, Respected by his peers and his coaches, articulate... Oh and did I mention an all American level football player. Yep, that’s the end-all be-all for me if one exists.
Again. You can still get that...with dudes not named Parker Braun who don’t share his personality.

I would say most of us want kids with the characteristics you just named. Like you said, what’s wrong with that?

But also, what’s wrong with getting those same characteristics in guys not named Parker Braun?