1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

CBK press conference (synopsis)

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by buzz_wiser©, Feb 6, 2019.

1. laoh

laoh Helluva Engineer

The speech he gave to recruits tho, where he talks about mobile phones and technology and how we're the epicenter of it all... Hmmm... We can go higher, like going to Mars.

2. crut

crut Helluva Engineer

Easier to formulate a sales pitch on his end, to be clear he didnt specify the results would be better.

3. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

But....but.....it’s gonna be easier. Put up or shut up.

dressedcheeseside likes this.
  4. Heisman's Ghost

Heisman's Ghost Helluva Engineer

Understandable, he was a UGA graduate but loved Coach Dodd as did Furman Bisher. One was at the Atlanta Journal and the other was the sports editor of the Atlanta Constitution back in the day when Atlanta supported both a morning and afternoon paper. Now it is not worth reading and hardly anyone down here in Albany bothers to read it. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

5. Joeb21

Joeb21 Ramblin' Wreck

I may be wrong, but when I look at the clip where he hands Marco the phone, to me it kinda looks and sounds like he is saying "Let's go". I like to think that maybe he was getting good news on a recruit.

6. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

Can’t get out of the 404 fast enough. CGC needs to get him a “get back coach” for his tweets.

;)

7. ncjacket79

ncjacket79 Helluva Engineer

What are you talking about?

8. LargeFO

LargeFO Helluva Engineer

You were probably chomping at the bit to bump this thread.

THWG likes this.
  9. Sarrick

Sarrick Helluva Engineer

It’s quite disgusting to be honest

10. LargeFO

LargeFO Helluva Engineer

I’m in agreement that the tweet wording was extremely poor on timing and sensitivity. He needs to issue an apology. I don’t agree that you fire him from it.

11. GTballer21

GTballer21 Helluva Engineer

Oh lord, here we go again.

GT14, THWG, SteamWhistle and 2 others like this.
  12. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

Are people serious?! A young man just lost his life and people want use it to bring up the past?

GT fans and all fans should be better than this.

13. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

I am not a Paul Finebaum fan -- his analysis before and after the NC game was laughable in covering Alabama's hind end -- but one thing he said should be worth watching: after firing a bunch of coaches to get better recruiters, he found he had coaches who couldn't coach and so started replacing them, again. I have no idea where or if Key fits in that, and it is Finebaum, but he certainly got rid of a boatload of coaches. (And he will recruit Alabama-caliber players when he wins NC championships, not because he offers calculus and summer internships. Frankly I wonder how many of those players would be admitted to Tech anyway. Clemson is not Tech academically but still won't touch some of those recruits. That, in an oddly counterintuitive way, might be what 'Bama really offers.)