1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

CBK press conference (synopsis)

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by buzz_wiser©, Feb 6, 2019.

1. buzz_wiser©

buzz_wiser© Helluva Engineer

Check out @Cody_Fox5’s Tweet:

I think he was asked "the recruiting" question lol

2. YellowJacketFan2018

YellowJacketFan2018 Helluva Engineer

Brent Key is a ball of fire and i like the energy he brings to coaching and recruiting on Geoff Collins coaching staff

GTRock, buzz_wiser© and plangineer like this.
  3. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

He came with that fire.
    Bring them in coach.

4. burdell151

burdell151 Ramblin' Wreck

Coach Key straight-up cut an old school wrestling promo. I am here for this.

5. AlabamaBuzz

AlabamaBuzz Helluva Engineer

Some hyperbole there, but no chance we change the culture and the image without some fired up hyperbole. Go Jackets!! Thank you, CBK for coming home to work and make positive changes for GT.

COJacket, chewybaka, coldbeer and 3 others like this.
  6. Gold1

Gold1 Helluva Engineer

AWESOME!!!

7. crut

crut Helluva Engineer

8. deeeznutz

deeeznutz Helluva Engineer

I LOVE the confidence he shows. He pretty much took a on Bama and made it sound logical. We can do big things and I’m putting full faith in this staff to get us there consistently. Let’s go Jackets!

gtpi, Milwaukee, GTRock and 6 others like this.
  9. YellowJacketFan2018

YellowJacketFan2018 Helluva Engineer

The loss of Brent Key has hurt Alabama recruiting they lost two players to Georgia and one to Florida

10. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

Maybe. He didn’t deny anything if so. So let’s see him bring in the 5 stars in these negative recruiting wars now. 5 stars or go home. 2 years to get er done.

AE 87 and YellowJacketFan2018 like this.
  11. Boaty1

Boaty1 Helluva Engineer

This is the type of energy and belief you need to reach the full potential of any program. I've been saying that part of our issue as a program is the perception our own leaders have had of who we are and that has filtered down through the fan base and has contaminated us from top to bottom. We didn't believe we could recruit with the big boys and thus we didn't. It was nothing more than a self fulfilling prophecy. For the most part you are who you think you are! This program has leadership with a vision for greatness. They believe the pinnacle is attainable and that is so refreshing after nearly 2 decades of excuses why we can't reach for the heights of the sport and our leadership viewing us as a "6 win program." The difference could not be more clear and the results are already being seen on the recruiting trail and the energy around the program. While there is no guarantee this will lead to more W's, for the first time since O'Leary left I feel we are trying to compete at the highest level of the sport. And for this 40 year old tech fan, it feels pretty good.

12. MaconBacon IM88

MaconBacon IM88 Ramblin' Wreck

Hope springs eternal - but I think if we can build greater momentum if keep this staff for 3 years - and be competing for ACC title. Strike that - win ACC title

GT_05 and YellowJacketFan2018 like this.
  13. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Stay off the hard stuff.

14. Gtbowhunter90

Gtbowhunter90 Helluva Engineer

I'm more convinced NOW than ever, that something special is brewing on The Flats and I hope it spills over to the other programs *COUGH* BASKETBALL......

15. Gtbowhunter90

Gtbowhunter90 Helluva Engineer

I hope you see my comment CJP lol I know you spectate this forum

jacket71 likes this.
  16. takethepoints

takethepoints Helluva Engineer

"For the most part you are who you think you are!" Ah, if only this were true! I'd like to think I am a wizard with magical powers who's married to … Morgan Fairchild! Yeah, that's the ticket! A real vision of greatness!

Believing that "the pinnacle" (whatever that may be) is attainable has always been part of what we expected at Tech. That you didn't expect it for the last 11 years - and that's been evident in your posts - is part of the reason we didn't reach as high as we could have, despite many successful seasons. (Well … that and some injuries.) But it is early days yet. I hope we continue with the success we had today, but we are about the same place as we were in 2017 in terms of recruiting rank. We have awhile to go and a lot of effort and money to expend to make all that energy you talk about actually work.

I hope it does. If we have an effective recruiting backdrop for the staff, I have no doubt it will. But, as a 72 year old (Jesus, help me) Tech fan, I'd wait for a year or two to feel pretty good.

17. DvilleJacket

DvilleJacket Helluva Engineer

Marco looking good!

18. RamblinCharger

RamblinCharger Helluva Engineer

Assuming this is TIC? 5 stars are hard to come by. If we got 1 a year we'd be recruiting in the top 15. Really good programs like Auburn, and Ohio State got 1 a piece, ND and Penn state got none. I'd be happy if we just started getting 6-8 4 stars and the rest 3. That would put us in the top 30 every year and we should be near the top of the ACC regularly with a good total program. 6-8 4 stars is doable I think. We landed 3-4 a year a couple of times with CPJ, so it isn't too crazy to think we could up that by 3-4 a year.

19. H-Wade

H-Wade Helluva Engineer

He's already home.

20. Boaty1

Boaty1 Helluva Engineer

Not looking to argue. You are a fine Tech fan.

Go Jackets!

GTRock likes this.