Brent Key; Hiring Details....

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
It’s real simple for me, I don’t like anybody bad mouthing my university. But it’s even worse if it’s one of our own. But to this point it’s just hearsay, so I’m going to give Key the benefit of the doubt. But I do know a while back there was a lot of talk about it.
Lots of people on this board have said much worse about Tech than what Key is supposed to have said. Plus just because there was a lot of message board talk means pretty much nothing. At least half of what you read on these fan forums is made up and most of the rest is misrepresentations or misunderstandings.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Time for Brent Key to answer to the negative recruiting rumors.[/QUOTE]

Expecting him to have plenty of “negative points” to bring to the surface, about our opponents to the recruits. A good recruiter knows how or when to mention location, APR scores, what mom and/or dad expect, the comparison of a 40 year plan, etc.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Lots of people on this board have said much worse about Tech than what Key is supposed to have said. Plus just because there was a lot of message board talk means pretty much nothing. At least half of what you read on these fan forums is made up and most of the rest is misrepresentations or misunderstandings.

Exactly. I watch people run down this program left and right on this board. For the most part it's the same ones that are complaining about Key. Maybe they will go start their own board similar to the way another board full of negative nacnies got started.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It’s real simple for me, I don’t like anybody bad mouthing my university. But it’s even worse if it’s one of our own. But to this point it’s just hearsay, so I’m going to give Key the benefit of the doubt. But I do know a while back there was a lot of talk about it.

It's ironic YOU say that. From reports, Key hasn't exactly said anything differently than what YOU (and others) have said repeated about 4 and 5 star recruits on this board when it comes to GT. So does it mean you're bad mouthing the university as well?

I mean, if recruits read half the stuff some you post about GT it's a wonder we anyone to sign at all.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Sorry if this has already been posted, but here is his new Twitter intro information. Someone might want to tell him that TStan doesn't like that "I got out" stuff. :)

Coach Brent Key
@CoachBrentKey
OL/AH Coach Georgia Tech-I Got Out in ‘01
Nice but he need to take the Alabama stuff off :)
Key >>>>>> Sewak Key is the biggest upgrade on the coaching staff I like all looking forward to next season and the signing class of 2020

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
It's ironic YOU say that. From reports, Key hasn't exactly said anything differently than what YOU (and others) have said repeated about 4 and 5 star recruits on this board when it comes to GT. So does it mean you're bad mouthing the university as well?

I mean, if recruits read half the stuff some you post about GT it's a wonder we anyone to sign at all.
I have no idea what the hell you’re talking about.

Animal02

Banned

And even if he did, as long as he was not doing anything unethical or illegal.....he was doing his job. An employee should have loyalty to who is signing his paycheck first and foremost, not his Alma mater.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Has Key made it to GT yet? I wonder who he is in on OL wise for 2019? Any room for more OL?
I was wondering if Collins was flying out to pick Key up on the GT plane ✈️?
I can't imagine Key not being in some recruits home today and over the next few weeks selling GT!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Has Key made it to GT yet? I wonder who he is in on OL wise for 2019? Any room for more OL?
I was wondering if Collins was flying out to pick Key up on the GT plane ✈️?
I can't imagine Key not being in some recruits home today and over the next few weeks selling GT!
Has he make it ? don't know would guess so. We had 2 OL that did not sign in Dec. Not sure if we are hold their scholarships of looking at others.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think it means that recruiting is more important than scheme. Which I think it is more important until the recruiting process is set up and running at GT. He must think his D coordinator(s) can do about as good as he could on preparing the D.

CPJ had the best O scheme around but didn't have the players to fully execute to it's theoretical unstoppable potential. Imagine how unstoppable the Flexbone would have been with Clemson players. Or the D would have been under any of our D coordinators with the Alabama players.

I’m calling BS. We didn’t hire him to focus on recruiting. I expect more. Thacker better produce huge results. Failing to do so will lay at the feet of CGC. The main reason I liked his hire was for his record on D.