Brent Key; Hiring Details....

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
All it takes is one reporter to ask him and one fumbled response to bring the story way out in the open. What worries me more is it being used against him on the recruiting trail:

“So Coach, I heard you said a while back that coming to GT was the worst mistake you ever made?”

I think I'm gonna give him credit for being smart and professional enough to handle any such questions. If CGC was worried about it, I'm sure they've come up with a game plan.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok, we would have to hire rookie coaches every time if we only wanted people who never negatively recruited against us. I'm pretty sure Roof negatively recruited against us at Duke and Auburn. Probably at Penn state and MN too....

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know what he said, but that’s what’s out there. Perception is reality, just ask Coach Collins.
My experience w buying and reorganizing company or projects , let's me get by this stuff that seems important to u. Once he gets public credit for something , most folks look for other issues.
U maybe right that he is fatally flawed and will damage coach Collins efforts to recruit. Also ran business devlopment and know that negative verbal comments by salesmen as regularly reported were way overblown.

Hoping u are wrong.

Im

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Interesting development: Dan Enos who was the QB coach for 'Bama and widely considered the front runner to take over the offense has left them to join Miami.

So Brent Key, Dan Enos, and Mike Locksley have all left.

'Bama is about to face unprecedented staff turnover. Of course, they have a bunch of former HCs serving in other roles that could probably just step up.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know what he said, but that’s what’s out there. Perception is reality, just ask Coach Collins.

The reality is, GT fans make a bigger deal of it than recruits do. Not everyone rides the same high horse GT fans do.

For peaks sakes, EVERYONE knows Urban Meyer is less than credible, and that all he's interested in is winning...regardless of the cost of the culture on his teams. It's well documented the sketchy players he recruits and the stuff he lets go on with his players.

Yet, come February, there are his teams ranked in the top 5 in recruiting. You know why? Recruits don't value the same things fans do.

If you have issues with the way Key reportedly does recruiting (which I personally do as well), it's really your problem (not directing at you specifically Cheese, just anyone with concerns in general) not the recruits problem.

DuckGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting development: Dan Enos who was the QB coach for 'Bama and widely considered the front runner to take over the offense has left them to join Miami.

So Brent Key, Dan Enos, and Mike Locksley have all left.

'Bama is about to face unprecedented staff turnover. Of course, they have a bunch of former HCs serving in other roles that could probably just step up.

Their WR/Co-OC left to go to Michigan.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I’d guess 90% of the people on here who complain about negative recruiting love talking about how UGA degrees are worthless.
And then they say with pride , gt has zero easy classes because it would cause ga tech to..... ??
And by the way now almost all the kids at gt graduate. I am proud to be the older not as bright gt grads. Imo, the reputation for gt is about engr that find away to overcome.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
What if...and this is crazy...but what if OTHER coaches besides CPJ are willing to go for on 4th down as well?! I know, insane, right?
I think worries about this guy being risk averse are just made up reasons to sow negativity .
This guy could turn into a mike leach - swing your sword
Then the same few will say too aggressive.
The guy said we will Attack in everything.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think worries about this guy being risk averse are just made up reasons to sow negativity .
This guy could turn into a mike leach - swing your sword
Then the same few will say too aggressive.
The guy said we will Attack in everything.

I haven't seen one thing about CGC that says "risk averse". It seems the only thing he's averse to is being average. He certainly likes to put GT and "elite" in the same sentence at every opportunity.

Personally, I LOVE it.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The reality is, GT fans make a bigger deal of it than recruits do. Not everyone rides the same high horse GT fans do.

For peaks sakes, EVERYONE knows Urban Meyer is less than credible, and that all he's interested in is winning...regardless of the cost of the culture on his teams. It's well documented the sketchy players he recruits and the stuff he lets go on with his players.

Yet, come February, there are his teams ranked in the top 5 in recruiting. You know why? Recruits don't value the same things fans do.

If you have issues with the way Key reportedly does recruiting (which I personally do as well), it's really your problem (not directing at you specifically Cheese, just anyone with concerns in general) not the recruits problem.
It’s real simple for me, I don’t like anybody bad mouthing my university. But it’s even worse if it’s one of our own. But to this point it’s just hearsay, so I’m going to give Key the benefit of the doubt. But I do know a while back there was a lot of talk about it.