Brent Key; Hiring Details....

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
If this many people need to ignore you, that should possibly tell you something. Can’t we all just be positive about this hire? I’ve talked to numerous non-Tech fans that love this hire as well as all of our other moves of late, but for some reason there is this notion that Coach Key needs to explain himself to fans. Not buying it. Just glad he’s here. And I guarantee the rest of our staff and players are too. Wish all of our fans could get on board and enjoy the ride, cause if we can’t, what are we even doing on this board? Positivity man.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If this many people need to ignore you, that should possibly tell you something. Can’t we all just be positive about this hire? I’ve talked to numerous non-Tech fans that love this hire as well as all of our other moves of late, but for some reason there is this notion that Coach Key needs to explain himself to fans. Not buying it. Just glad he’s here. And I guarantee the rest of our staff and players are too. Wish all of our fans could get on board and enjoy the ride, cause if we can’t, what are we even doing on this board? Positivity man.

Maybe it just means they shouldn’t get so triggered ;)

After the last decade it’s very ironic hearing Tech fans now say we should all just be positive about our staff regardless of any misgivings one might have about anything. Quite ironic.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow

After the last decade it’s very ironic hearing Tech fans now say we should all just be positive about our staff regardless of any misgivings one might have about anything. Quite ironic.
Ok here we go. I’ve been here through thick and thin, supporting all of our coaches no matter what, but this has nothing to do with comparing fandom between people on message boards. I went through my mourning period of Paul leaving, and now I’m fully on board with the new staff and the direction of the program. I’m just wondering why it’s so difficult to accept good things without throwing shade. Blows my mind, and maybe you shouldn’t be so triggered by a statement that was made a decade ago.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer

You are the one who was triggered. But keep it up until it’s on the front page of the AJC sports section.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Ok here we go. I’ve been here through thick and thin, supporting all of our coaches no matter what, but this has nothing to do with comparing fandom between people on message boards. I went through my mourning period of Paul leaving, and now I’m fully on board with the new staff and the direction of the program. I’m just wondering why it’s so difficult to accept good things without throwing shade. Blows my mind, and maybe you shouldn’t be so triggered by a statement that was made a decade ago.

I like the good. I like the rest of the staff. I just don’t think Key is a part of the good. So we disagree.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You are the one who was triggered. But keep it up until it’s on the front page of the AJC sports section.

I forgot where I was triggered. Can you point it out please? Have I told someone here they should stop posting? Have I called anyone a clown for disagreeing with me? Those folks were triggered. Were you one of those?

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I forgot where I was triggered. Can you point it out please? Have I told someone here they should stop posting? Have I called anyone a clown for disagreeing with me? Those folks were triggered. Were you one of those?
You’re making my point by being so defensive. I really don’t care how you feel about the hire, I just wish you didn’t keep reiterating the same misguided point of view in every post. I really don’t care to argue with you anymore, because it’s apparent that we are on different pages. I’ll continue to enjoy the ride. Please feel free to continue to search for explanations from our coaching staff.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You’re making my point by being so defensive. I really don’t care how you feel about the hire, I just wish you didn’t keep reiterating the same misguided point of view in every post. I really don’t care to argue with you anymore, because it’s apparent that we are on different pages. I’ll continue to enjoy the ride. Please feel free to continue to search for explanations from our coaching staff.

That reply wasn’t directed to you so I’m afraid I fail to see what point you were trying to make.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Please refer to the last sentence of my post. It’s the same thing that you were responding to in @ncjacket79 ‘s post.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Should it blow my mind that you would excuse a lack of integrity 10 years ago to a school he now gets a paycheck from today? No worries, it doesn’t.
Your point continues to be hammered home. Thank you for your persistence, although tiresome.

In other news, does anyone have any additional details on Coach Key’s hire?

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
In the spirit of keeping this message board awesome and not turning it into stingtalk, I’ll bow out of this convo. Feel free to respond as needed. We should all be pulling on the same rope here, and I hope to see you at BDS this year my friend. We will take all the butts in seats that we can get

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
In the spirit of keeping this message board awesome and not turning it into stingtalk, I’ll bow out of this convo. Feel free to respond as needed. We should all be pulling on the same rope here, and I hope to see you at BDS this year my friend. We will take all the butts in seats that we can get

If my kids aren’t with me I’ll buy you a beer.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer

He negatively recruited against us, big deal. We have all negatively recruited against ourselves over the years.

I’m a sidewalk fan and have been one since I started watching football in the 8th grade. After reading this board over the years some of you guys make it out like you have to be a borderline genius with absolutely no social life to get a degree from Tech.

I’m sure every opposing coach uses our prestigious academics against us in a recruiting battle but it’s up to the recruits if they value them or not. It’s also up to our coaches to use that as a selling point and excite them about getting a valuable education.