Brent Key; Hiring Details....

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It goes way back and was discussed fairly widely here, and perhaps on some other boards as well. But yes it was years ago now. I don’t now recall precisely where it originated at the time. Maybe from a rivals type cite maybe from a recruits post or twitter, I honestly don’t recall.

At the time there was little argument that it happened. Rubbed a lot of people the wrong way at the time and some, including myself, felt it should exclude Key from working at Tech in the future.

I haven’t tried to find the smoking gun and I honestly don’t know how difficult, or even possible, it would be to find now.

The rumor was that he dissed Tech as an institution and it’s academics and made statements that going to Tech was a bad idea for him in hindsight.

I’m not asserting this definitely happened though I suspect it did. Thus I think it would be beneficial for him to address it one way or another.
Its starting to look like U run 100 miles to find slight negatives related to the non coach johnson new coach.
It will undermine your credibility when u criticize an actual issue.

Your opinion matters to a lot of us as u bring a lot of energy and content to the swarm.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Its starting to look like U run 100 miles to find slight negatives related to the non coach johnson new coach.
It will undermine your credibility when u criticize an actual issue.

Your opinion matters to a lot of us as u bring a lot of energy and content to the swarm.

Please point out where I have been negative at all about any other new staff members.

The only criticism I have had not related to Key was a quote from CGC seeming to indicate he was going to focus more on branding and recruiting and not so much on defense. I do think that’s a mistake if he was quoted properly and it if I read the quote accurately. As AE implied maybe that was more of a reference to immediate focus rather than preseason planning. I dunno but that’s the only other criticism I have had of the new regime outside of Key.

And as I stated before. I don’t structure my opinions or statements to garner popularity here.

Edit: and to be clear my opinion on Key goes back years and my most vocal opposition to him came before he joined the staff and was being mentioned as a OC candidate.

Last edited:

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
Think about it like ranger school or navy seal training. It’s hell during it but worth it when you get out and people respect it. If it was easy everybody would do it.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I am not saying any are true.....though most have a grain of truth in them.
I am just saying there are plenty of angles recruiters can use to negatively recruit against Tech.
There are ones like big city crime, that may work on the parents.....nerdy girls may work on the recruit.
And hell....I am even turned off by all the red in stadium every other Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Nerdy girls do it for some guys. Just sayin’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk