Benson injury update?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
So the position of BB went from an A- to a B or so with Mason? Not a huge hit. Our offense still has more important needs like needing Marshall to play better and find open receivers, and needing the OL to gel to open up holes.
Well, not huge other than having 1,000 yards of offense on crutches. Doesn't make me feel any better to read of other backs across the country out now with the same injury.

LibertyTurns

Banned
KB put in a lot of hard work to become as good as he is. Sucks that a good guy gets hurt.

Time to turn the lemons into lemonade. Hopefully the #2, #3 and #4 end up being as good as KB.

Let’s hope what we get is a Days and Laskey combo for next year then Watch the F Out!

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Really? REALLY? MOST? Tech will be just fine with Mason and Howard, hate losing Kirvonte but the team will go on.

Maybe this opens the door for a couple of series with T Oliver running the ball to spread the load somewhat. If that 236 lb walkon BB can block he would be good in TO's series. Will CPJ think out of his normal box?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Maybe this opens the door for a couple of series with T Oliver running the ball to spread the load somewhat. If that 236 lb walkon BB can block he would be good in TO's series. Will CPJ think out of his normal box?
Don’t expect to see Oliver in just for him to be in. CPJ pretty much said that today.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Really sucks for him. Was look forward to seeing how he progressed. That being said, I think from a starting role position we won't lose much production from him to Mason. I remember people talking about the loss of Mills as a huge deal, but he had averaged 5.1 ypc that year which historically is good, but not great. Benson is in a similar situation. He averaged 5.2 ypc last year, and had some monster games, but also had several where he was very pedestrian (not that he was the only reason for it obviously.) From what I've seen I expect Mason to deliver about the same level of production. I think the area that it does hurt though is familiarity with TM, which could cause either issues with the mesh or with the pitch relation, and depth is a concern. as long as Mason can stay healthy I still think we have a good threat at BBack.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Really sucks for him. Was look forward to seeing how he progressed. That being said, I think from a starting role position we won't lose much production from him to Mason. I remember people talking about the loss of Mills as a huge deal, but he had averaged 5.1 ypc that year which historically is good, but not great. Benson is in a similar situation. He averaged 5.2 ypc last year, and had some monster games, but also had several where he was very pedestrian (not that he was the only reason for it obviously.) From what I've seen I expect Mason to deliver about the same level of production. I think the area that it does hurt though is familiarity with TM, which could cause either issues with the mesh or with the pitch relation, and depth is a concern. as long as Mason can stay healthy I still think we have a good threat at BBack.

GT,
Its the fumbles I worry about not his production.Young guys just fumble. Just like the whole Offense. We get 600+ yds but 3 TOs negate that basically.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
It's Paul Johnson's fault. Pass it on.
Was just about to post “isn’t this also CPJ’s fault?” When I read this. All the losses of QBs and BBacks over the last few years must be his fault somehow because all the losses are on him and these cause losses;) This is football! There are numerous factors that coaches cannot really address such as injuries. I just pray Kirvonte heals well and that the other guys step up in a big way while he is gone.