Benson injury update?

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Did not want to hear this news, Benson is a beast and will come back stronger then ever.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Hate for Kirvonte and selfishly for us too. He really seems like a hard worker and a great young man. I'd love to see him come back stronger than ever next year. This is why a kid chooses to play at GT. He will have a great degree and great contacts for life.

Wishing the Benson family the very best and a speedy recovery for Kirvonte. Take some time to mourn, then figure out how to use this time to make yourself better in whatever way (academically, mentally, upper body, etc.).

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I’m not a doctor, but having taking a hit like Benson did and still walk without crutches or braces it screams MCL/ PCL type of deal

Sadly, your analysis was spot on.

I would have thought the opposite to be true.

My biggest fear now is TQM trying to do too much and taking more of a beating than he should.

Hopefully we can, somehow, develop some sort of passing game to relieve the pressure.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel terrible for him. He had worked really hard.

You are right, we’ve been snakebit there. Don’t forget Custis and Leggett, too.

The B-Back position is cursed. After Dwyer I thought we'd be churning out beasts to try to run for 2k yards every year but instead we have transfers, injuries, discipline issues, and end up with backup QBs playing the position.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
@kirkbenson71 please let your son know we are hoping for a speedy and healthy recovery. He has been a beast through the first two games of the season, and still has a big role to play on the team while he heals keeping the BBacks focused, grounded and growing. So sorry to hear about the injury, but happy to know he is at a place like GT where he will be taken care of!

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Not sure how NCAA rules currently work, but KirVonte redshirted his freshman year while recovering from HS ACL injury.

2015: redshirt
2016: played
2017: played
2018: injured in second game
2019: redshirt senior year

I assume they'd have to apply for a medical waiver for 2020. Don't remember the specifics for Byerly since he transferred, but they denied his application.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully we can, somehow, develop some sort of passing game to relieve the pressure.
TM in the USF game:

113 yards rushing,

183 yards passing, 47% completion rate,

296 yards total offense, 49% of our total offensive yardage,

passing yards 30% of our total offensive yardage.

Now, what was that you were saying about developing a passing game? I don't think we have any major problems with that right now.
Defense? Well, that's another story.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Haven’t watched the CPJ interview yet because I’m work, did he go into details of what the injury was? I would have to assume it’s a knee ligament tear based on the non-contact way he pulled up before the tackle. Is this the same leg he hurt his senior year before enrolling? Hope he can qualify for a medical redshirt and come back next year stronger.