Benson injury update?

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
We’re GT, we aren’t allowed to have nice things. Of course he was going to be out for the season after playing only ~2.5 quarters of game time. I just hope and pray he’s able to come back next year at 100% and show out for the scouts...he’s got NFL talent for sure, just needs to be able to show what he can do.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
8e0330be6e7faa2c38e85b641f8dafa4.jpg

Seems appropriate for this ad to be directly below this thread...I think I made that same face when I read the news.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Btw, this is just terrible. I was expecting that Kirvonte would have the best BB season since Dwyer.

Come back ready to play, young man! I know you must be depressed, after all the extra work you put in over the summer. Remember your talent and work hard to get back to form. You will start again.

Not sure how NCAA rules currently work, but KirVonte redshirted his freshman year while recovering from HS ACL injury.

2015: redshirt
2016: played
2017: played
2018: injured in second game
2019: redshirt senior year

I assume they'd have to apply for a medical waiver for 2020. Don't remember the specifics for Byerly since he transferred, but they denied his application.

yeah, I forgot about that when I posted but saw just a little bit ago that he was already a redshirt junior. I doubt he gets a waiver.

Jackets741

Georgia Tech Fan
We’re GT, we aren’t allowed to have nice things. Of course he was going to be out for the season after playing only ~2.5 quarters of game time. I just hope and pray he’s able to come back next year at 100% and show out for the scouts...he’s got NFL talent for sure, just needs to be able to show what he can do.

I absolutely despise this saying being used over and over again each year on here, but now I’m a believer: GT is NOT allowed to have nice things.

Losing Benson is Bigly Bad for the slim chance we had to make a bowl game this year. Freaking painful being a Yellow Jacket fan these days, really hasn’t been enjoyable since 2014 in any sport

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Freshmen Christian Malloy is one step closer to getting his redshirt pulled, and Howard is definitely getting more snaps.

Now we've got the Jumbo BB rotation going.

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I absolutely despise this saying being used over and over again each year on here, but now I’m a believer: GT is NOT allowed to have nice things.

Losing Benson is Bigly Bad for the slim chance we had to make a bowl game this year. Freaking painful being a Yellow Jacket fan these days, really hasn’t been enjoyable since 2014 in any sport
You said it.....is is not fun at all anymore. Whatever we did to be cursed I don't know but it is fast approaching the time to just burn the GTAA down and start over.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You said it.....is is not fun at all anymore. Whatever we did to be cursed I don't know but it is fast approaching the time to just burn the GTAA down and start over.

Well, if you look across the country, there are quite a few teams that have lost good players. History has shown that pretty much every team loses a big contributor every season. Teams will lose more good players as the season progresses. That's just how it works unfortunately.

As GT fans, we just focus on GT and don't really pay attention to other teams.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, if you look across the country, there are quite a few teams that have lost good players. History has shown that pretty much every team loses a big contributor every season. Teams will lose more good players as the season progresses. That's just how it works unfortunately.

No knock against Mason, but most teams have more depth to call on than we do.

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

I guess so..........I just feel like we have a smaller margin for error so the losses just hurt us more.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer

I mean, 3 of our top 4 QBs and 3 of our top 4 b-backs seems like a lot though, right?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I mean, 3 of our top 4 QBs and 3 of our top 4 b-backs seems like a lot though, right?

Eh, Bama loses a 5 star QB every year (we just played one of them)...and they'll probably lose Jalen Hurts this year before the season is over.

Duke seriously loses a QB every year. Didn't they just lose their starter last week?

If we REALLY wanted to look into it, I'm pretty sure most teams have a position or two that seems snake bitten. That's just sports.

I mean, being a GT fan, you just gotta roll with the punches sometimes...

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
So the position of BB went from an A- to a B or so with Mason? Not a huge hit. Our offense still has more important needs like needing Marshall to play better and find open receivers, and needing the OL to gel to open up holes.