Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

Deleted member 2897

Of course they did, while tech was hammered. **** the NCAA

As many people have said before, schools who look like they'll take getting hammered have a higher chance of it. Like the NCAA can sit there and slam a school and it will stick without a protracted legal battle. Those who take a more hard lined approach come out better. Like the NCAA sits there and realizes its probably not worth the fight. The next time we get hit with something (like if the NCAA does it over the Joseph fiasco), someone needs to have the guts to stand up in front of news cameras and show charts and lists of all the recruiting violations, cheating, wiretap evidence and show the unequal justice that the NCAA metes out. **** the NCAA.

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Not going to get into an argument about cheating but did you miss the article I think in the Athletic, where ACC players (seniors I think) were asked what coach in the league they would most like to play for? K won in a landslide. That accounts for a lot of their recruiting success. Right or wrong players are convinced he will get them to the league.
Agree. Duke doesn't need to cheat to get the best talent. As long as K is coaching, they can pretty much select whom they want (like John Wooden back in the day). For top talent today it's an easy choice. They're thinking it's only a one year commitment to the best college coach in the game to polish their skills before leaving for the NBA.

Deleted member 2897

Agree. Duke doesn't need to cheat to get the best talent. As long as K is coaching, they can pretty much select whom they want (like John Wooden back in the day). For top talent today it's an easy choice. They're thinking it's only a one year commitment to the best college coach in the game to polish their skills before leaving for the NBA.

Then why does he?

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
John Wooden's bagman was Sam Gilbert. It is widely known that this guy was one of the great cheaters in sports history. That is why Bobby Knight never respected Wooden.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I consider those wiretaps and news stories around 6 figure cash payments, new cars, million dollar homes, and fake consulting contracts evidence.
Let's not forget how Wendell Carter's mom threw DLaB under the bus to throw them off the trail at dook.

I'm sure there isn't a dark web of minions dropping bags for dook so K can remain plausible deniability.

I wonder what #dufflebagboyz meant?

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
John Wooden's bagman was Sam Gilbert. It is widely known that this guy was one of the great cheaters in sports history. That is why Bobby Knight never respected Wooden.
I can't believe college basketball fans at this point don't understand that Wooden's UCLA teams were the best that money could buy. This is very well known.

K started playing "the game" when he got Jeff Capel to do it for him. The Zion Williamson saga is fairly easy to trace through simple internet searches. I know some people who know things and will not be sharing the details on here. There are vehicles, a Reggie Bush type lease, and whatever else involved.

College basketball is a dirty game. NIL rights can make it transparent. This opaque breaking of dumb rules is a bad idea and needs to end.

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
K started playing "the game" when he got Jeff Capel to do it for him. The Zion Williamson saga is fairly easy to trace through simple internet searches. I know some people who know things and will not be sharing the details on here. There are vehicles, a Reggie Bush type lease, and whatever else involved.

It would be nice if ESPN or another news source with credibility would put out some tell-all pieces on this kind of thing. I know why they won't (killing the goose and losing access), but it is ridiculous that serious violations are common knowledge (both in BB and FB) yet the story is never written.

Heck, I'd love if some investigative reporter took a photo of the cars (and drivers) coming and going from the butt-smear parking lot. That would lead to some interesting 'splanations about cousins, uncles, and traceability.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
It would be nice if ESPN or another news source with credibility would put out some tell-all pieces on this kind of thing. I know why they won't (killing the goose and losing access), but it is ridiculous that serious violations are common knowledge (both in BB and FB) yet the story is never written.

Heck, I'd love if some investigative reporter took a photo of the cars (and drivers) coming and going from the butt-smear parking lot. That would lead to some interesting 'splanations about cousins, uncles, and traceability.
Basketball and football are at completely different levels. It isn't easy for a reporter to do a real story on this stuff. No one will go on the record.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Let's not forget how Wendell Carter's mom threw DLaB under the bus to throw them off the trail at dook.

I'm sure there isn't a dark web of minions dropping bags for dook so K can remain plausible deniability.

I wonder what #dufflebagboyz meant?

Dufflebags > McDonalds Bags

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
There are wiretaps on K?
No but I can see conspiracy theories keep this thread entertained. If Coach K was cheating as much as those in this thread imply, some hard evidence would have come forth over the 40+ years he's been at Duke. As a longtime GT fan, it's pretty easy to see this is mostly jeolous conspiracy theory lovers on this thread...!

Deleted member 2897

If Coach K was cheating as much as those in this thread imply, some hard evidence would have come forth over the 40+ years he's been at Duke.

It has. Repeatedly.

And when his players get paid lots of money, their parents get six figure jobs, and move in locally to million dollar homes, you don’t think he knows? LOL.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
It has. Repeatedly.

And when his players get paid lots of money, their parents get six figure jobs, and move in locally to million dollar homes, you don’t think he knows? LOL.
So list the cases. I’ve met K several times and don’t like him personally. But he has generally recruited a lot of kids who come from money so their parents moving to Durham isn’t a surprise. Not saying he doesn’t cheat, or have someone cheating for him, but I haven’t seen anything like real evidence.

Deleted member 2897

So list the cases. I’ve met K several times and don’t like him personally. But he has generally recruited a lot of kids who come from money so their parents moving to Durham isn’t a surprise. Not saying he doesn’t cheat, or have someone cheating for him, but I haven’t seen anything like real evidence.

This page is full of news articles, wire taps, and more. You can also use Google - that way you can find sources that you trust.