Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

Deleted member 2897

@JasonRileyWDRB

Former Assistant University of Louisville basketball coach Dino Gaudio has been federally charged with extortion

Beautiful - lets not go after the actual recruiting violations. Lets go after the people who call out the violations, after we first try to fire them and make them disappear, LOLOLOLOLOLOL. This is some dirty **** 3 levels deep. Clearly Louisville is hopeless and belongs in the SEC. Maybe campus should be burned to the ground and turned into a park.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Beautiful - lets not go after the actual recruiting violations. Lets go after the people who call out the violations, after we first try to fire them and make them disappear, LOLOLOLOLOLOL. This is some dirty **** 3 levels deep.

You seem to be confusing the NCAA with the feds. NCAA violations are of little importance to the feds for reasons that should be obvious, and those things should be handled by the NCAA. Things like extortion attempts are beyond the scope of what the NCAA has the means, or authority, to deal with and absolutely should be handled by the feds.

Deleted member 2897

You seem to be confusing the NCAA with the feds. NCAA violations are of little importance to the feds for reasons that should be obvious, and those things should be handled by the NCAA. Things like extortion attempts are beyond the scope of what the NCAA has the means, or authority, to deal with and absolutely should be handled by the feds.

In other words, the NCAA doesn’t give a ****. Or a ****. Or two ****s.

look at it this way - when the administration found out about all kinds of violations, instead of firing the coach they tried to fire the people who brought up the violations and set them up to report them to the feds. What a dirty ****ing trash school.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
When Gaudio got fired from Wake the word was he couldn't keep his mouth shut and pissed people off in the AA. So I guess this shouldn't be surprising.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
When Gaudio got fired from Wake the word was he couldn't keep his mouth shut and pissed people off in the AA. So I guess this shouldn't be surprising.
I cannot picture a P6 school hiring him for anything in the future. I bet he needs an alternate career plan.

But his near term future is probably set for now.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I mean it was only a couple years ago that multiple Clemson football players in an injury riddled sport turned down 1st round draft money to come back and play another year. That just shows you the magnitude of money moving around.
Please tell me you're not suggesting those players were paid millions of dollars to play one more year. Because 1st round pays multiples of millions. So that's silly. They might have come back to win a NC, but more probably they learned they were not going as high in the draft as they thought and came back to improve on that.

Deleted member 2897

Please tell me you're not suggesting those players were paid millions of dollars to play one more year. Because 1st round pays multiples of millions. So that's silly. They might have come back to win a NC, but more probably they learned they were not going as high in the draft as they thought and came back to improve on that.

I said what I said. :) I didn't put a number on it. These were all 1st round players. Maybe they weren't given any money at all (its possible), and just rolled the dice to spend another year living the college life and playing video games. Maybe they were given $10 million injury insurance policies (that's effectively the same as giving someone a massive amount of money) just to be safe. But I think any rational person would know that with the rate of injuries in football that whole situation didn't smell right.

Just to pick a couple that stayed, Christian Wilkins went 13th overall. Clelin Ferrell went 4th overall. Both had been projected to be strong first round draft picks (I just rechecked). I might be forgetting, but I don't recall in my life someone being a consensus first round draft pick going back for another optional year of football to try and move up 5-10 slots in the first round.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I said what I said. :) I didn't put a number on it. These were all 1st round players. Maybe they weren't given any money at all (its possible), and just rolled the dice to spend another year living the college life and playing video games. Maybe they were given $10 million injury insurance policies (that's effectively the same as giving someone a massive amount of money) just to be safe. But I think any rational person would know that with the rate of injuries in football that whole situation didn't smell right.

Just to pick a couple that stayed, Christian Wilkins went 13th overall. Clelin Ferrell went 4th overall. Both had been projected to be strong first round draft picks (I just rechecked). I might be forgetting, but I don't recall in my life someone being a consensus first round draft pick going back for another optional year of football to try and move up 5-10 slots in the first round.
Really, I am not trying to pick a fight. I don't pretend to follow all the minutiae of drafts, or recruiting, so I happily concede your reading of the draft. But nobody, not even hated Clemson, is gonna fork over millions of dollars for one more year. (Wilkins, by the way, might be my most favorite player ever. Nobody ever celebrated "team" as he did.)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

They might have been "projected" but when the numbers came back, they weren't nearly as high as they "projected." So they came back for the money.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
How does a coach who has proven to have lied to the NCAA before, & a show clause penalty to boot, "fail to show a system of compliance" only get a 2 game game suspension? I like Bruce Pearl as a coach, but his NCAA coaching days should be over permanently. None Caring A$$holes of America