Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Have not a clue but my friendly barber, Razor Ray, could explain it in terms of second cousin four times removed.

Totally unrelated but I once was introduced to a guy in the barber shop who, at the time, had 4 ten year olds.

I was like, "man it must be tough having quadruplets."

The barber tapped my shoulder and said, "No .. he has 4 ten year olds ... all different moms."

I was like ....

nonsense.gif

Holy child support, bat man.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer

Bland gets 3 yrs show cause. Sentenced 2 yrs probation in federal bribery scandal. USC skates, I expect the same for AZ, Kansas, LSU, etc.

slugboy

Staff member

Bland gets 3 yrs show cause. Sentenced 2 yrs probation in federal bribery scandal. USC skates, I expect the same for AZ, Kansas, LSU, etc.
Assistant coaches are the new version of “Cleveland State” as sanction magnets 🧲
I wonder who will pay at LSU?

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
It is a better approach. The people involved in the transactions have to think twice if they lose their livelihood instead of taking another job and leaving the school to pay the price.

Of course, NIL changes things if it ever happens.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
It is a better approach. The people involved in the transactions have to think twice if they lose their livelihood instead of taking another job and leaving the school to pay the price.

Of course, NIL changes things if it ever happens.
Convenient that the HC gets plausible deniability.....

Even when HC is caught on wiretap with a strong a$$ offer, nothing. Looking @ you lsu.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Totally unrelated but I once was introduced to a guy in the barber shop who, at the time, had 4 ten year olds.

I was like, "man it must be tough having quadruplets."

The barber tapped my shoulder and said, "No .. he has 4 ten year olds ... all different moms."

I was like ....

nonsense.gif

Holy child support, bat man.
I'd bet he wasn't paying any child support or less than $100 a month for each one.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Of course Coach K is innocent in this, as in all the others, and as John Wooden was at UCLA. Get somebody else to handle the payoffs and when they are discovered, fire the guy and claim you knew nothing. Life is grand at the top.
Pretty sure K is innocent in this case. Duke money would have come from Nike. Must have been > 3k/mo

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure K is innocent in this case. Duke money would have come from Nike. Must have been > 3k/mo

Someone will still have to explain how Zion's family stayed in a high end neighborhood in Durham and had 3 luxury cars to occupy the 3 car garage the mini mansion had. Keep in mind, Zion's family lived in a house with rent that didn't break $900 in South Carolina before Duke.

Zion's not the first player whose housing situation changed drastically after choosing Duke...and he's not the first player whose parents moved into that upscale neighborhood.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Someone will still have to explain how Zion's family stayed in a high end neighborhood in Durham and had 3 luxury cars to occupy the 3 car garage the mini mansion had. Keep in mind, Zion's family lived in a house with rent that didn't break $900 in South Carolina before Duke.

Zion's not the first player whose housing situation changed drastically after choosing Duke...and he's not the first player whose parents moved into that upscale neighborhood.
These stories of Duke recruits' families getting posh digs has a long history here in NC. No one hates Dookies like the folks at UNC and they never scraped up enough evidence to make anything stick. Don't get too excited waiting for the hammer to come down.