Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Someone will still have to explain how Zion's family stayed in a high end neighborhood in Durham and had 3 luxury cars to occupy the 3 car garage the mini mansion had. Keep in mind, Zion's family lived in a house with rent that didn't break $900 in South Carolina before Duke.

Zion's not the first player whose housing situation changed drastically after choosing Duke...and he's not the first player whose parents moved into that upscale neighborhood.

Zion's family's living situation (along with the luxury cars) is well documented in a pretty famous lawsuit. I don't have time to find the others right now, but it's out there.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure K is innocent in this case. Duke money would have come from Nike. Must have been > 3k/mo
If K didn't know he should be fired for lack of institutional control. In today's AAU-run basketball world, the coaches ride the tide and then try to absolve themselves through ignorance. Until universities re-establish themselves as centers for learning nothing will change. And universities love football and basketball money too much to change. It was not that long ago that Coach K refused to hang a player's jersey from the rafters if he had not graduated. Now he is a leading proponent of one -and-dones.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
These stories of Duke recruits' families getting posh digs has a long history here in NC. No one hates Dookies like the folks at UNC and they never scraped up enough evidence to make anything stick. Don't get too excited waiting for the hammer to come down.
I'm not expecting any hammer for the likes of puke & uncheats. "Too big to fail." You can have fake classes & be caught on wiretap paying recruits & nothing.....crickets from the ncaa.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I'm not expecting any hammer for the likes of puke & uncheats. "Too big to fail." You can have fake classes & be caught on wiretap paying recruits & nothing.....crickets from the ncaa.
Are you crazy? The hammer will fall and Delta will not be able to sponsor ncaa sports for 3 years and Adidas for 2. That'll show them, trying to mess with Duke and those 😇.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We are coming off of our probation with the NCAA, waiting for them to nail us with the UNCheat's and Duke's penalties later this year or in 2022.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
We are coming off of our probation with the NCAA, waiting for them to nail us with the UNCheat's and Duke's penalties later this year or in 2022.
Nah. The NCAA has a patsy-rotation to protect the blue-bloods. The list is pretty big, and we are not scheduled to pop up on it for at least three more years…unless we do something egregious like allowing a booster to provide a tissue to one of our SAs who sneezes at a promotional rally.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Nah. The NCAA has a patsy-rotation to protect the blue-bloods. The list is pretty big, and we are not scheduled to pop up on it for at least three more years…unless we do something egregious like allowing a booster to provide a tissue to one of our SAs who sneezes at a promotional rally.
That is truly cynical. True, but ...

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
In the 1960's SEC fans used to say that the NCAA would get so mad at Alabama's cheating that they would put Kentucky on probation. In the ACC I guess we are the whipping boy for Duke and UNC. Hopefully our current probation is our total punishment for the cheaters.

Deleted member 2897

Even though not specifically basketball related, it's always fun to point out that Clemson is not playing the same game GT is. Also, I'm sure some here will enjoy that Radakovich got dunked on:

I mean it was only a couple years ago that multiple Clemson football players in an injury riddled sport turned down 1st round draft money to come back and play another year. That just shows you the magnitude of money moving around.