Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

Deleted member 2897

Duke has 2 of the top 6 commits nationally in the current recruiting cycle and has a crystal ball for the #1 overall player nationally to give them 3 of the top 6. Through all the proof that's come out with Zion recently and all the other smoking guns, they sure aren't shy about continuing on with business as normal.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Duke has 2 of the top 6 commits nationally in the current recruiting cycle and has a crystal ball for the #1 overall player nationally to give them 3 of the top 6. Through all the proof that's come out with Zion recently and all the other smoking guns, they sure aren't shy about continuing on with business as normal.
If you are not getting caught, or know you won't be caught, why change?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Or maybe said a little more directly - you've been caught multiple times but there are no ramifications...
The NCAA is like a liquor store owner who has a prime customer who spends $1000 a week on wine, but occasionally steals a $10 corkscrew. The owner figures that corkscrew is just another business expense and will never mention it to the customer. Duke is too valuable as a generator of revenue to be severely punished by the NCAA and K knows it.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You know, it is not so much their rampant cheating. Duke doesn't get all those BB players because it has a great campus. But okay. It is just that Coach K is such a raging hypocrite and it drives me nuts.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
You know, it is not so much their rampant cheating. Duke doesn't get all those BB players because it has a great campus. But okay. It is just that Coach K is such a raging hypocrite and it drives me nuts.
Duke gets all those BB players because kids expect to win when they play at Duke. Winning is LOT more fun than losing and if you can choose, you choose to win. In case you are interested, Duke's all time winning percentage is north of 70%. How many 70% seasons have we had and when was the last one?

Deleted member 2897

Duke gets all those BB players because kids expect to win when they play at Duke. Winning is LOT more fun than losing and if you can choose, you choose to win. In case you are interested, Duke's all time winning percentage is north of 70%. How many 70% seasons have we had and when was the last one?

Gonzaga's is 66%. Western Kentucky's is 66%. Syracuse's is 69%.

In a 30 game season, a 70% win percentage is going 21-9. 20-10 is 67%. They're not all going to Duke to win 1 or 2 more games per year. Just ask $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ion William$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$on or damned near anybody else.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I decided to look it up. Hewitt had one 70% season and Cremins had three. Hyder never had one and neither did Morrison or Gregory.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
If I am one of the top 3 guys out there I am thinking NBA and while I hate to say it Duke/K has a great record for sending guys like me to the NBA.

Where do I sign, who do I meet for the bag delivery and who sets up the house lease for my folks. Nice easy sell :)

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Duke is probably the most recognized name in college basketball. Their coach has the most wins of any coach ever. They are second in current number of NBA players. They are a basketball first school in arguably the best conference in the country.

I'm not saying they ain't paying out, but if all corruption was removed, they'd have the best sell of anyone in my opinion.

Deleted member 2897

Duke is probably the most recognized name in college basketball. Their coach has the most wins of any coach ever. They are second in current number of NBA players. They are a basketball first school in arguably the best conference in the country.

I'm not saying they ain't paying out, but if all corruption was removed, they'd have the best sell of anyone in my opinion.

I agree. But at the same time, that's a slightly different topic. There's UCLA, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Gonzaga, Arizona, Kansas, and so on. To get 3 of the top 6 nationally... $$$$$ There's top recruiting classes, and then there's downright silly, with parents getting six figure consulting contracts, million dollar homes in Durham, and so on.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I agree. But at the same time, that's a slightly different topic. There's UCLA, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Gonzaga, Arizona, Kansas, and so on. To get 3 of the top 6 nationally... $$$$$ There's top recruiting classes, and then there's downright silly, with parents getting six figure consulting contracts, million dollar homes in Durham, and so on.
Not going to get into an argument about cheating but did you miss the article I think in the Athletic, where ACC players (seniors I think) were asked what coach in the league they would most like to play for? K won in a landslide. That accounts for a lot of their recruiting success. Right or wrong players are convinced he will get them to the league.

Deleted member 2897

Not going to get into an argument about cheating but did you miss the article I think in the Athletic, where ACC players (seniors I think) were asked what coach in the league they would most like to play for? K won in a landslide. That accounts for a lot of their recruiting success. Right or wrong players are convinced he will get them to the league.

Of course - who wouldn’t want to make bank while playing college basketball for one of the winningest programs.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
It's going to be interesting to see how many people follow Auburn's lead. Sort of like last year when we accepted the post-season ban I guess. We may see self-imposed sanctions this year in record numbers. We may find out about violations that the FBI didn't even uncover. May not have enough teams left to form a full tourney if we make it that far.

LSU and Will Wade...you're on the clock.