Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

slugboy

Staff member
Apropos of nothing, it seems like universities with strong law schools evade NCAA sanctions more effectively.
Dr House Idk GIF

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The Zion stuff doesn't hold up? Really?

Ain't like he's gonna come out and say "Yeah, I got money and a car, and my folks got a house." It NEVER works that way.
There's a lot of talk on opposition forums but nothing sticks. I believe the money going to players like Zion is not tied to Duke or the connection would have been revealed by now. Remember, the folks At UNC hate Duke way more than we do. And they have a ton of NC connections with money.

Deleted member 2897

There's a lot of talk on opposition forums but nothing sticks. I believe the money going to players like Zion is not tied to Duke or the connection would have been revealed by now. Remember, the folks At UNC hate Duke way more than we do. And they have a ton of NC connections with money.

Exactly - The rat faced rat doesn’t cut checks, buy houses, or or hire parents as consultants. Neither do his other coaches. That’s why I call him the Lance Armstrong of college basketball - it’s an extremely elaborate program that will likely only crumble when someone on the inside speaks.

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Exactly - The rat faced rat doesn’t cut checks, buy houses, or or hire parents as consultants. Neither do his other coaches. That’s why I call him the Lance Armstrong of college basketball - it’s an extremely elaborate program that will likely only crumble when someone on the inside speaks.

And maybe it is purely the sneaker pimps. But if Nike's sneaker pimps paid Zion to attend Duke because they wanted him in their shoes, that's an improper benefit to attend Duke. It doesn't have to be Coach K writing checks from his own personal account for it to be a serious NCAA violation.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
And maybe it is purely the sneaker pimps. But if Nike's sneaker pimps paid Zion to attend Duke because they wanted him in their shoes, that's an improper benefit to attend Duke. It doesn't have to be Coach K writing checks from his own personal account for it to be a serious NCAA violation.
I agree, but so far that allegation remains nothing more than an allegation.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

Is Mark Emmett related to LSU's AD?

I have seen posts that claim he is brother-in-law and posts that claim he is son-in-law to Emmert. According to Wikipedia, he married Nanette Dicharry. Dicharry and Emmert don't sound like brother/sister nor father/daughter relations.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I have seen posts that claim he is brother-in-law and posts that claim he is son-in-law to Emmert. According to Wikipedia, he married Nanette Dicharry. Dicharry and Emmert don't sound like brother/sister nor father/daughter relations.
Brothers and sisters from different mothers and misters.🤫

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Have not a clue but my friendly barber, Razor Ray, could explain it in terms of second cousin four times removed.