Votes: 433 81.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 80 15.0%

• Total voters

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It seems to me that some of you guys haven’t figured out that CGC was recruiting in his press conference today. Not recruiting fans, not talking schemes, but recruiting players. He wisely sees that his first order of business is changing the perception that playing football at Georgia Tech won’t prepare you for the NFL. The message he tried to communicate today is that at GT players will be prepared for the next phase of their lives in all ways possible, including being coached in a way that gives players a better chance to be in the NFL.

Don’t try to translate what he said tonight into X’s and O’s. He wasn’t talking to you.
U get an A for listening with your ears and framing what u heard without adding or subtracting so as to better support a preconcieved planned response.

Please keep posting.

Recruiting the mom/wife.

The key thing I liked is the way he honored Bud Peterson's wife. Imo , from how she reacted at the parties at 14 acc champ and orange bowl. She really enjoys gt football . She was animated and enjoyed the excitement . Maybe honoring her is vehicle to motivate the prez past his permanent half smile and into make into a real fan. If over the next few years GC can recruit them into semi passionate OWNERSHIP OF GT FOOTBALL it will be a permanent change in direction of the program.

At the orange bowl post victory awards, the team and coach was up on the podium getting interviewed . Fireworks were going off and prez and wife were standing near by together but all by themselves. No one came after them as the ceremoney ended. It was a weird- thing to see. - like they were not a VITAL part of the victory.
This guy ain't making that mistake.

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
U get an A for listening with your ears and framing what u heard without adding or subtracting so as to better support a preconcieved planned response.

Please keep posting.

Recruiting the mom/wife.

The key thing I liked is the way he honored Bud Peterson's wife. Imo , from how she reacted at the parties at 14 acc champ and orange bowl. She really enjoys gt football . She was animated and enjoyed the excitement . Maybe honoring her is vehicle to motivate the prez past his permanent half smile and into make into a real fan. If over the next few years GC can recruit them into semi passionate OWNERSHIP OF GT FOOTBALL it will be a permanent change in direction of the program.

At the orange bowl post victory awards, the team and coach was up on the podium getting interviewed . Fireworks were going off and prez and wife were standing near by together but all by themselves. No one came after them as the ceremoney ended. It was a weird- thing to see. - like they were not a VITAL part of the victory.
This guy ain't making that mistake.
I appreciate your comments. I also noticed that at the very end of the Facebook stream, after the conference was officially over, CGC motioned Jeff Schultz over to him and said something to the effect of “you do great work.” The mic picked it up. Like it or not, the local media plays a big role in crafting the perception of Tech, and that move at the end told me he’s going to work to get them on our side as much as possible.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Chan ran a 1990s nfl offense here. Times have changed.

Look what texans run. Or bears. Or chiefs. Its half ncaa stuff. Heck titans too. Its nfl today. We run that with maybe a touch more ncaa to it we are fine.

I really want him to hire a solid oc with some more experience than some other assts will bring.
Even what the falcons try to do.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Not sure why many are so concerned with keeping Woody. I like him, seems like a great guy. But our defense didn't improve in anything except turnovers. Let CGC pick his DC. The man knows defense.

Big reason is starting from scratch all over again. New scheme, new terminology, etc etc. All that’s the case now anyway with a new defense oriented HC but that’s why some probably would like to keep. That and feeling bad for the guy we just hired looking for a new gig.

:poop: Happens

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
No, we saw the pro- style with Chan, and then CPJ came in and actually took us to championships.

Please explain what "pro-style" is.

You say you have seen a lot of Tech football. I guess you watched Friedgen's offenses. Since he was OC for the Chargers, I guess he ran a "pro-style." Worked pretty well, didn't it?

Really, there is no such thing as "pro-style." Chan's offense was conservative and very run heavy, just move the chains and play field position. As 33jacket says, Chan's offense didn't resemble what most NFL teams run these days. It got him fired from the Cowboys.

As a footnote, Chan's FBS win percentage at Tech was higher than Johnson's.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I think we need to buckle up. Seems like CGC puts a lot of value in having fun. If the players we want think things like gold chains and trash cans are fun...well, don’t be surprised.
We have a gold baton. I saw them passing it to a player who makes a big play a couple times. Pretty sure Juanyeh got it after his TD run.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Big reason is starting from scratch all over again. New scheme, new terminology, etc etc. All that’s the case now anyway with a new defense oriented HC but that’s why some probably would like to keep. That and feeling bad for the guy we just hired looking for a new gig.

:poop: Happens
Our defense almost literally cannot get worse. I thought Woody would have helped in year two and three, but at this point I don’t think it matters. We were a bottom 100 defense in DFEI. A new staff won’t make it worse.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
That's pretty cheap. Good for GT if true. Will have to pay up when he starts winning.
It’s a good starting salary. If he succeeds we will bump it up.
Edit: if we assume it starts around 2 mil and ramps up (I obviously don’t know how it’s structured though) than that means we have almost 1.8 million to pay coordinators if we want to match our current HC+OC+DC pay. This is what I have been hoping for all along. In another thread I said we need to average 900k. We might not do that year 1-2, but it’s nice to have the room to do it.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There are only 15 votes out of 400 who are against the hire. I’m not sure that we could have hired anyone else that would’ve gotten less than 15 “NO” votes.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trolls are probably some of the no votes.

GT fans should either be "yes" or "not sure". I've suspended pragmatism and gone with a hopeful yes.

The next years will be entertaining. They will probably get positive press. It will probably make GT look cool and positive.

Will we win more games? Not sure. (But I like passion in addition to great sex. Mixing metaphors.)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Trolls are probably some of the no votes.

GT fans should either be "yes" or "not sure". I've suspended pragmatism and gone with a hopeful yes.

The next years will be entertaining. They will probably get positive press. It will probably make GT look cool and positive.

Will we win more games? Not sure. (But I like passion in addition to great sex. Mixing metaphors.)

That’s a bit of a silly stance imo. Anyone who wanted someone else as a first choice can be unhappy with the hire.

I think you are confusing the matter as a vote of no confidence in CGC. In that case I’d agree with your take.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
How long before all the (not so)thinly-veiled anti-CPJ stuff dies out? Somebody make a poll for that.

It's ruining like 90% of every thread, including recruits' threads.

Are you kidding me? Chan Gailey hasn't coached for GT since 2007...and yet Chan Gailey's memory keeps popping up from the dead by someone several times a day.

CPJ may have resigned, but he ain't EVER going away. At least not on GT Swarm.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Are you kidding me? Chan Gailey hasn't coached for GT since 2007...and yet Chan Gailey's memory keeps popping up from the dead by someone several times a day.

CPJ may have resigned, but he ain't EVER going away. At least not on GT Swarm.
People still bring up O’Leary. I can’t imagine people referencing CPJ is going to go away anytime soon.