1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Are you pleased with the hire (poll)

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by tech_wreck47, Dec 7, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

433 vote(s)
    81.4%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Not sure

81 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. tech_wreck47

tech_wreck47 Helluva Engineer

Let’s see how this goes.

2. FrostedOrange

FrostedOrange Helluva Engineer

Didn't vote, doesn't have vad Lee option so not scientific poll

3. wvGT11

wvGT11 Helluva Engineer

If it were Wiz this would be even more funny to watch

GTRhino24 and Animal02 like this.
  4. mts315

mts315 Helluva Engineer

Get that Stingtalk crap out of here!!

5. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

So it looks like Todd Stansbury continues to ramble along with an 89% approval rating. :D

6. GTRambler

GTRambler Helluva Engineer

No category here for Not Sure

7. ezbee

ezbee Jolly Good Fellow

My favorites were Satterfield and Monken but thought Collins, Brown, and a few others would be good choices.

Now he just needs to surround himself with a quality staff. CPJ has left a strong foundation for Collins. IMO no need for a step back at all, I have high expectations.

8. MikeJackets1967

MikeJackets1967 Helluva Engineer

Hell yeah i'm happy with the hire!:cool:

Bogey, bke1984, Rod64 and 4 others like this.
  9. Vespidae

Vespidae Helluva Engineer

I personally would have preferred Monken but ... I understand the reason for Collins and based on his background, will probably be a great fit. I just HOPE ... that he doesn't engage in enough gimmicky stuff to be perceived as the GT reincarnation of Butch Jones.

CTJacket, jmahone, GTRX7 and 7 others like this.
  10. MikeJackets1967

I hope he doesn't talk during his press conference about building the GT program brick by brick;) I'll start having Botch Jones flashbacks:wacky:

GTFLETCH likes this.
  11. gtg391z

gtg391z Ramblin' Wreck

My only problem with the new coach is he can't spell Jeff.

12. GRGT96

GRGT96 Jolly Good Fellow

Shouldn't he have his mother to blame for that?

13. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

Yeah, I concluded pretty quickly that the pressure against the option foundation was too strong.

CGC at least checks all the boxes that I'd look for, so I'm as happy as could be without it being a cpj guy.

14. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

I'm happy. I think it's a very good hire, but falls just short of the great hire. Like the GT connection, the energy, recruiting, defense background with good results. A bit of HC experience. Lots of things to like. I think it really lacks the standout quality that would make this a great hire (like a longer track record of winning as head coach, or more extensive recruiting ties to the ACC, etc), but all in all I'm very pleased with the hire. Time to fill out the staff and get to work. Very excited to see how things change under the new staff.

15. GTJackets

GTJackets Helluva Engineer

Of course we'll have to see how it plays out, but I'm happy with the hire. Excited for the new beginning and to see someone bring some energy to the program.

*Don't read this post as a dig against CPJ. I was looking forward to seeing what he and CNW had in store for next year. But excited about the energy and excitement CGC seems to bring.

16. Vespidae

Champions of Life. Leadership Reps. Brick by Brick. I won't lie ... he might be a good coach ... but he will lose the fanbase fast if he does that nonsense. Tech fans are mostly conservative.

MikeJackets1967 likes this.
  17. 1939hotmagic

1939hotmagic Helluva Engineer

Would've preferred Monken or Bohannon, someone to build on the CPJ offense -- and yes, tweak it some, do some pistol- and shotgun series from it -- but realized I was hoping against hope for that. That said, really glad that Whisenhunt wasn't selected. Satterfield would've been fine. At least Collins won't be coming to Tech blind as to the academic realities, he has a little history here, and he's had success as a coordinator and, albeit limited, as a head coach. Probably about the realistic best Tech could do, if not looking to the CPJ coaching tree. Not excited about the hire like I was when PJ was brought in, but at least I'm not disappointed.

Wouldn't bother me in the least if Collins would consider Matt Canada for the OC job -- there's a guy with a mind for offense. Or, Bob Stitt, who just took the OC job at Texas State after a year as an analyst at Ok State, following three years as HC at Montana and a long, very successful run as HC at Colorado School of the Mines. Here's hoping Collins doesn't settle for some generic "college offense" offensive coordinator; I don't expect a great choice, but here's hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Defense? Would love to CNW and assistants retained, but again -- not feeling optimistic about that. C'est la vie.

18. Vespidae

This is a great opportunity to excite the fan base with new uniforms.

19. MikeJackets1967

Yeah come out with blue helmets,blue jerseys and white pants to honor the 1946 Georgia Tech football team;)

GTdragons likes this.
  20. gtg391z

gtg391z Ramblin' Wreck

I'm just happy that Mike is happy! :)

stech81, MikeJackets1967 and GT_05 like this.