Votes: 433 81.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 80 15.0%

• Total voters

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Well, in the Press conference he said he is putting in a pro style offense. We just Hired Chan back. 4-8 here we come. Fire this guy now and save us the pain and misery. We have never had a successful coach run this and we can't recruit to it. I hope CPJ want to come back in three years.
Yawn,give Coach Collins a freaking chance:rolleyes::banghead: This cult like worship of CPJ and the option offense is absolutely pathetic:vomit:

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, in the Press conference he said he is putting in a pro style offense. We just Hired Chan back. 4-8 here we come. Fire this guy now and save us the pain and misery. We have never had a successful coach run this and we can't recruit to it. I hope CPJ want to come back in three years.
Once he elaborated on what he meant by "NFL style offense and defense" it didn't sound like he necessarily meant a traditional pro style offense.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok....so here we go. I’m reserving my opinion on coach until I see us play, ala spring early fall next year. Here is my main concern, at Georgia Tech, I’m convinced with our academic standards and other things that hold us back slightly from other powers, I feel we have to do something different on offense to complete. Honestly, I would’ve chosen Monken, Fritz, or the Georgia southern. Just think to win at Tech you need to do something creative offensively.

stingem103

Georgia Tech Fan
GT did about as good as could be expected in this coaching search IMO and Paul Johnson left us in a decent spot if things work out with GC to hopefully build a staff to help him. We got a guy who knows the program and our AD made sure he checked the boxes we have been most vocal about (recruiting focus, media friendly, etc). One of the more fun parts about being a fan to me is feeling optimism for no other reason than that you love your team. GT fans, myself included, struggle with the concept and I hope his culture becomes a reality with results on the field. Between Adidas and facility upgrades, and Geoff Collins I think we need to have a little more optimism about our direction.

Paul Johnson was a great coach for GT and we should be happy things have worked out this way. Had some great memories over his 11 years and I hope we transition the right way. GC appears to open doors for a different style of football at GT and thats something to be excited about I think.

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
It seems to me that some of you guys haven’t figured out that CGC was recruiting in his press conference today. Not recruiting fans, not talking schemes, but recruiting players. He wisely sees that his first order of business is changing the perception that playing football at Georgia Tech won’t prepare you for the NFL. The message he tried to communicate today is that at GT players will be prepared for the next phase of their lives in all ways possible, including being coached in a way that gives players a better chance to be in the NFL.

Don’t try to translate what he said tonight into X’s and O’s. He wasn’t talking to you.

stingem103

Georgia Tech Fan

Not so sure its going to be a pro style. He said we would run an offense and an defense that translates to the NFL. I feel like thats actually a very non specific answer that could include various schemes...we have gotten so used to having a very unique offense that we think other offenses will also limit our recruiting. I dont expect to be Alabama but I think someone at Tech can do better in the modern age especially if T Stans vision becomes a reality.

Takes good fans to make long lasting change. You are a dedicated fan based on all your posts I see on here. Lets see what happens and help give $$ to make the facility upgrades in case we need the next guy.