Votes: 433 81.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 80 15.0%

• Total voters

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Champions of Life. Leadership Reps. Brick by Brick. I won't lie ... he might be a good coach ... but he will lose the fanbase fast if he does that nonsense. Tech fans are mostly conservative.
Eh, I don’t think most Tech fans are that conservative. A lot of the current band members are really excited about the SWAG chalice and are trying to come up with other similar things they could do to build hype at practice. I do agree, though, that the phrase “Champions of Life” needs to stay out of Coach Geoff’s lexicon.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
20181207_114722.jpg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
No category here for Not Sure
Stingtalk - ugh. Argue fine points till end of time. I saw on video that GC goes by The Czar at temple.
When I saw that I thought of calling him Buzz Czar and then I had a urge to vomit. That Buzz Czar guy on gt swarm was a heck of a narsisitic axx who lived to argue.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
My first choice was Tony Elliott, given Satterfield was essentially gone, but the more I found out about Collins the more I liked him. He seems to be a good fit to be our next head coach and help pump new life into our program.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

Deleted member 2897

As of the time of this posting, we are currently running a 0.016 ratio of folks who have voted that are not satisfied with this choice for the next head coach. That is amazing when you consider how we like to complain about everything, including complaining about the people who complain like I am doing right now kind of.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I'm happy. I think it's a very good hire, but falls just short of the great hire. Like the GT connection, the energy, recruiting, defense background with good results. A bit of HC experience. Lots of things to like. I think it really lacks the standout quality that would make this a great hire (like a longer track record of winning as head coach, or more extensive recruiting ties to the ACC, etc), but all in all I'm very pleased with the hire. Time to fill out the staff and get to work. Very excited to see how things change under the new staff.
Could not have stated it any better myself !

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
I voted no, nothing against him but defensive oriented coach wasn't what I had in mind. Doesn't mean that won't support him and the team just not thrilled about it at the moment.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
The only thing that worries me is his record of being a bit transient. I hoped for a coach that loves Tech and sees it as the place to be- for a while, wondering if he jumps ship if/when he proves he can do it here. Interesting to see what the buyout is.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
As of the time of this posting, we are currently running a 0.016 ratio of folks who have voted that are not satisfied with this choice for the next head coach. That is amazing when you consider how we like to complain about everything, including complaining about the people who complain like I am doing right now kind of.
Set expectations temporarily at Whiz, then the end result is....

link3945

Jolly Good Fellow
Would've preferred Monken or Bohannon, someone to build on the CPJ offense -- and yes, tweak it some, do some pistol- and shotgun series from it -- but realized I was hoping against hope for that. That said, really glad that Whisenhunt wasn't selected. Satterfield would've been fine. At least Collins won't be coming to Tech blind as to the academic realities, he has a little history here, and he's had success as a coordinator and, albeit limited, as a head coach. Probably about the realistic best Tech could do, if not looking to the CPJ coaching tree. Not excited about the hire like I was when PJ was brought in, but at least I'm not disappointed.

Wouldn't bother me in the least if Collins would consider Matt Canada for the OC job -- there's a guy with a mind for offense. Or, Bob Stitt, who just took the OC job at Texas State after a year as an analyst at Ok State, following three years as HC at Montana and a long, very successful run as HC at Colorado School of the Mines. Here's hoping Collins doesn't settle for some generic "college offense" offensive coordinator; I don't expect a great choice, but here's hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Defense? Would love to CNW and assistants retained, but again -- not feeling optimistic about that. C'est la vie.

Bob Stitt would be an amazing OC hire. Dude is a genius at play design.

Well, in the Press conference he said he is putting in a pro style offense. We just Hired Chan back. 4-8 here we come. Fire this guy now and save us the pain and misery. We have never had a successful coach run this and we can't recruit to it. I hope CPJ want to come back in three years.